Hondo's Bar

Best Heavy Metal Band

Best Heavy Metal Band  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, some of my choices are up for debate, but your obviously intentional omission AC/DC is so grievous, the phrase "miscarriage of justice" does not do it justice. The best I can think of is perhaps a "genocide of justice." Anyway, edit this poll so I can vote for the proper Kings of Metal.

Edited by Reverend Jax

OK, some of my choices are up for debate, but your obviously intentional omission AC/DC is so grievous, the phrase "miscarriage of justice" does not do it justice. The best I can think of is perhaps a "genocide of justice." Anyway, edit this poll so I can vote for the proper Kings of Metal.

metal? are they not hard rock, like zeppelin and deep purple?

OH shit! MY BAD. I see iron maiden now.

excuse me while I bash my head against a hard object now...

OKAY. what about KING DIAMOND???

eh?

Edited by the division of joy
Turning on html

King Diamond maybe shite, my dear, however they do have a cultish and rather 'pop culture' following of their own, and are heavy metal, personally, I think the majority of heavy metal is shit, I was just surprised to not see them on the list, and even more surprised that asc had never heard of them (him whoever whateva).

Also, Danzing is missing. or at least Henry Rollins.

as for whom likes whom, or what, the kevin Smith reference was to refresh some memories for those who didn't know but had in fact actually heard a king diamond song in at least one of his movies. I don't like King Diamond becuase kevin Smith does, anymore than I'm going to have an ugly daughter, just becuase he did, or marry a chick who looks like a hermaphadite, just becuase he thought she looked hot.

we on the same page now?

Edited by Dr.Girlfriend

King Diamond maybe shite, my dear, however they do have a cultish and rather 'pop culture' following of their own, and are heavy metal, personally, I think the majority of heavy metal is shit, I was just surprised to not see them on the list, and even more surprised that asc had never heard of them (him whoever whateva).

Also, Danzing is missing. or at least Henry Rollins.

as for whom likes whom, or what, the kevin Smith reference was to refresh some memories for those who didn't know but had in fact actually heard a king diamond song in at least one of his movies. I don't like King Diamond becuase kevin Smith does, anymore than I'm going to have an ugly daughter, just becuase he did, or marry a chick who looks like a hermaphadite, just becuase he thought she looked hot.

we on the same page now?

I thought you were advocating them somehow with the kevin smith comment....

Okay you took off AC/DC and Deep Purple and then replaced all the hair metal with buttrock jerkoff death metal, I mean come on, Motorhead? Why not pick a band that has more than one good song? And Slayer?

ac/dc and deep purple are not metal, they're hard/classic rock

i took off the hair metal because they are not real metal, more shit rock

i have no death metal band up there

Black Sabbath - Metal

Motörhead - Metal

Metallica - Thrash Metal

Megadeth - Thrash Metal

Pantera - Thrash Metal

Slayer - Thrash Metal

Sepultura - Thrash Metal

Down - Stoner Metal

Zakk Wylde/Black Label Society - Thrash Metal

Iron Maiden - Shit Metal

Guns n' Roses - Barely Metal

Van Halen - Jerk Off Metal

also

Motörhead

ace of spades

killed by death

overkill

bomber

and

slayer

angel of death

raining blood

reign in blood is one of the best metal albums ever recorded

Edited by alive she cried

If they don't count then neither does Sabbath.

not true, sabbath invented metal ac/dc influenced it,

just compare their lyrics

And Ross, "Better than Iron Maiden" isn't a great endorsement. That's like saying "Ah, this cologne smells horrible, but hey it's better than raw sewage!"

finally something we all agree on

not true, sabbath invented metal ac/dc influenced it,

just compare their lyrics

Half the time Sabbath was singing war protests and songs about political unrest. But if you wanna get that technical then where's Alice Cooper?

And yes, Iron Maiden is good for 13 year olds and people that like cover art that would make fantasy van enthusiasts cream their pants.

Edited by Iambaytor

Yes, I'd like to hear any definition of metal that somehow would leave AC/DC out but the rest of the jokers on this poll in. How can you listen to a song like Thunderstuck and say "not metal"?

I also love me some Alice Cooper.

Edited by Reverend Jax