Hondo's Bar

Best Heavy Metal Band

Best Heavy Metal Band  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow I wonder how old that posting is? Hellhammer has been around since the early 80's and NO ONE in the band is anywhere NEAR 20 anymore lol. Be great to know if anyone responded.

And I had my Pantera love for a long time. Started even before I moved to Arlington. I've met all the band members except Phil (but I don't want to meet him, he seems like a proper cunt if there ever was one). Plus Pantera was the first concert I ever saw. Great Southern Trendkill tour with Clutch and Soilent Green. Plus my wife had the great honor of insulting Dimebag at the Ridglea in Ft. Worth about 3 months before he was murdered. Hell she didn't even know she insulted Dimebag until a few years later when we were watching VH1's Behind the Band on Pantera, and they flashed a pic of Dimebag and my wife said "THAT was the asshole at the Ridglea!!"

Oh and Black Sabbath isn't metal!

imagescaufp8wg.jpg

But here's the response I wrote that destroyed your post, sorry again.

See, you jump to conclusions man, just because someone thinks Sabbath are the best metal band of all time doesn't mean I don't like me some heavier shit, also to be fair the thread was created four years ago.

Carcass, Archenemy, Death, Morbid Angel, Dethklok, Meshuggah, Fear Factory, Devin Townsend, Immortal, Celtic Frost, Sepultura, Black Label Society, Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Dimu Borgir, Down, Orange Goblin, Corrosion of Conformity, Electric Wizard, Primordial, Strapping Young Lad, Lamb of God, Machine Head (before they went nu metal (Burn My Eyes is an amazing album)), Kreator, Killswitch Engage, Emperor,

I think that covers a wide variety of genres and eras.

Also, metal bands I've seen live

Devin Townsend, Kreator, Coroner, Forbidden, Wolf, The Defiled, Skeleton Witch, Grave Digger, Therion, Rhapsody of Fire, Immortal, Motörhead, Morbid Angel, At The Gates, Exodus, Napalm Death, 1349, Hell, Primordial, Metallica, Ozzy, Black Label Society.

Actually earlier I was asking about DKS01. I've seen his name being thrown around more and more, but I can't recall seeing any of his posts, and am curious who he is/was. This new cat I'm still out to lunch on however. All these unrelated arguments discussions might need to be moved at this point :p I've nothing relevent to contribute.

DKS01 was one of my wife's coworkers, she literally told him about the website and sent him over here. He's... he's one of those guys that always seems to be wearing a greasy polo shirt that's too big in the neck and too small in the stomach, has a greasy nerd mullet, and thinks he is a metal god. He's a nice guy but even I thought he was a little on the weird side.

Shit man I thought you were mainly into mainstream shit, which I don't have a problem with. And I didn't make any assumptions based on you saying Sabbath is the best metal act, I was mainly going by the poll (before the update) it's just no band like Carcass or Dimmu or even Death made it to the poll. But to see stuff like SYL, Emperor, OLD Machinehead, bring tears to this old man's eyes. Finally someone else I can argue talk to...kinda lol.

Out of all that, how was Therion live? If you remember that is. They were one of the bands I used to love back in the day and kinda just moved on from, but I always wanted to see their live show.

And real metal IS about demons and killings and abortions...come on now. You all seem to think (and yeah it is partly my own fault) that I think if you don't like some underground band from a country you can't pronounce you aren't metal. Not the truth. I had no problem with DKS01, It was just fun having a pissing contest over Metal, been a while. DKS01 is still better than most of you people when it comes to music though, his heart was in the right place, he was just a generation behind. Which is fine, just not for me. There is a very small amount of bands though that will get me fucking fuming irritated if you do claim to like them and also claim to be a metal god/diety/demon whatever. Megadeth is one such band. Rise against may just be another one....fucking straightedge vegans...i mean wtf?? Anyways I'll rip on them later. They arent even metal though, just shitty.

So if you like some metal good on you. I might give you shit on your choice of metal, but it's all in good fun, you still like Metal and that is what counts. Now it is up to me to make sure you start to like "Good" metal. That is how I look at it. So yeah move this over to the metal page when you get a chance, this is quite off topic.

I was giving you shit because you said Megadeth was metal back in the day. Man, and I guess you forgot where I gave you credit for never recommending a bad song to me. You are the only person on here I will actually listen to something I haven't heard before SOLEY because you recommended it. So don't get your panties in such a bunch. You're good people despite you liking and/or thinking Megadeth is metal.

Well since forums are made for discussion it is pretty pointless to just acquiesce. Plus I have found a niche in being eliteist about metal in general. If you want to take offense because of that STILL, there isn't much I can do. How many times have I said "It is all in good fun" ?? But you still want to take it as a personal affront when I give you shit about Megadeth. Nothing else have I given you shit about. Nothing else have I gotten on a high horse about. I figured by now, most of you would realize it as a running gag, and take it as a joke, but I guess not.

Like ASC before you, you have said a few things here and there, but I didn't take you as a person who primarily listened to metal. And as we all know I have some very specific and eliteist views when it comes to metal. It is something I know a lot about so it is one of the few times I will argue and express my opinions so boldly. Plus I have been defending Death/Black/Thrash/Grind for damn near on 15 years now. So many people who ONLY listen to Megadeth and Metallica and Sabbath and think that anything else is just a joke. So instead of taking it so personally, why not give me shit for liking "cookie monster vocals" and 5 minutes of just palm muting and blast beats. Or there is the whole Black Metal genre that is ripe for picking apart. Or Goregrind where it just sounds like someone burping and farting into a mic.

Regardless of how opinionated I am about metal, I still have a sense of humor about it.

Well since forums are made for discussion it is pretty pointless to just acquiesce. Plus I have found a niche in being eliteist about metal in general. If you want to take offense because of that STILL, there isn't much I can do. How many times have I said "It is all in good fun" ?? But you still want to take it as a personal affront when I give you shit about Megadeth. Nothing else have I given you shit about. Nothing else have I gotten on a high horse about. I figured by now, most of you would realize it as a running gag, and take it as a joke, but I guess not.

Like ASC before you, you have said a few things here and there, but I didn't take you as a person who primarily listened to metal. And as we all know I have some very specific and eliteist views when it comes to metal. It is something I know a lot about so it is one of the few times I will argue and express my opinions so boldly. Plus I have been defending Death/Black/Thrash/Grind for damn near on 15 years now. So many people who ONLY listen to Megadeth and Metallica and Sabbath and think that anything else is just a joke. So instead of taking it so personally, why not give me shit for liking "cookie monster vocals" and 5 minutes of just palm muting and blast beats. Or there is the whole Black Metal genre that is ripe for picking apart. Or Goregrind where it just sounds like someone burping and farting into a mic.

Regardless of how opinionated I am about metal, I still have a sense of humor about it.

And you say I've got my panties in a bunch... :2T:

• 1 year later...