Hondo's Bar

Best Heavy Metal Band

Best Heavy Metal Band  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh I've heard of them. I just haven't heard them, as I liken my musical tastes to that of something with more than half a brain. DONT FUCK WITH ME MAN CAUSE ITS SO EASY TO FIND YOU. Farmouse Pigskin Cuntrash makes all of your shit look like Pigs Digging in That House's Cunt. They don't even compare.

I ride on the wings of grand beasts/ before making your mother's cunt part of my feasts- The Bloody Cunts.

take that advice and leave.

Am I doing it right? Cause that seems to be how these folks talk amongst themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh here we go again...

AC/DC = NOT metal they are the epitome of HARD ROCK...look it up its in the dictionary, at least MY dictionary...

Black Sabbath = Metal, as they pretty much founded the genre

Slayer = Metal most of the time.

Motorhead = Hard Rock, tho they are still good

Metallica = Metal for the most part, though anything after the "Black Album" is shit

Sepultura = Metal, though they didnt exist for a long time...way to fuck your brother's wife dude!

Iron Maiden = Metal as much as I hate to say it...

Pantera = Metal, barely...

Down = Not metal...and god does Phil suck

Van Halen = REALLY?? I mean really?? Metal?? I'd like some of what you are smoking

Guns N Roses = Hard Rock....

Ozzy Osbourne = I'd argue he is hard rock, but wouldn't put much of a fight up if someone claimed he was metal.

Zakk Wylde = Who is he?

Alice Cooper = I would have sad NOT metal, but after seeing him live and hearing some of his newer stuff I have changed my mind.

Megadeth = Shit, NOT metal...=P

But you see us elitists have our own definition of what is or is not metal, contrary to popular opinion (ie YOURS).

DoJ is about the only person who seems to have some semlance of what metal is, but I'd rather not scare another person off debating it.

And Varg has more metal in his faggoty ass hairs than any of the bands on the poll.

Might I suggest a few other bands for a new poll? (I know the answer is NO!!! but I am going to anyways!)

Behemoth, Living Colour, Cock and Ball Torture, Anal Cunt, Goblin Cock, Goatwhore, Job for a Cowboy, Blood Duster, Clotted Symmetical Sexual Organ, I mean come on THEY are all MMEEETAAALLLLL!!!!!

Wait wait WAIT. We need to back the fuck up here.

Living Colour

The Cult of Personality guys? Did they do more than one song? They're a heavy metal band?!?

I need proof of such outlandish claims.

I guess what I was really into would be considered primarily Industrial, but there's a bit of overlap now and again I'd imagine.

I'm STILL upset that some cunt removed my "Genitorturers sodomized my honor student" bumper sticker while I was parked in the high school parking lot. There oughta be a law.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ahh here we go again...

AC/DC = NOT metal they are the epitome of HARD ROCK...look it up its in the dictionary, at least MY dictionary...

I agree, they were added due to popular demand

Pantera = Metal, barely...

Wait, how are Black Sabbath metal, but Pantera are "barely" metal. Pantera are basically a heavier modern day Sabbath.

Down = Not metal...and god does Phil suck

Down cross a few genres but for the most part are Sludge Metal

Van Halen = REALLY?? I mean really?? Metal?? I'd like some of what you are smoking

I never said they were good, but eh I don't care enough to care.

Guns N Roses = Hard Rock....

Fair enough

Ozzy Osbourne = I'd argue he is hard rock, but wouldn't put much of a fight up if someone claimed he was metal.

He's obviously metal

Zakk Wylde = Who is he?

Ozzy's guitarist and the creator of Black Label Society?

Megadeth = Shit, NOT metal...=P

Oh you :sarcasm:

But you see us elitists have our own definition of what is or is not metal, contrary to popular opinion (ie YOURS).

DoJ is about the only person who seems to have some semlance of what metal is, but I'd rather not scare another person off debating it.

123.gif?1318992465

:2T:

And Varg has more metal in his faggoty ass hairs than any of the bands on the poll.

Just looked them up, they sound pretty good.

Might I suggest a few other bands for a new poll? (I know the answer is NO!!! but I am going to anyways!)

You may name ONE band and I'll add them to the poll...if I feel like it.

It's hard to argue against Sabbath being the best metal band of all time. You could say "if not for them" but really we all know some other band with a similar sound would have come around instead and we'd be praising them instead of Sabbath, but they are what they are.

Now I don't know about putting up another band for the poll, because I have already voted and I doubt anyone will even know who they are. But if you want to represent some good MODERN metal, I guess throw up Behemoth, or The Faceless.

It's hard to argue against Sabbath being the best metal band of all time

General diversity of opinion would say its easily enough to say there are a plethora of better metal bands. But that is just from my perspective. Knowing how you get about metal, I don't fancy pursuing this train of thought much further for fear of some e-pissing contest where the quote function is sorely under-used and someone loses an eye from diabetes.

• Upvote 1

General diversity of opinion would say its easily enough to say there are a plethora of better metal bands. But that is just from my perspective. Knowing how you get about metal, I don't fancy pursuing this train of thought much further for fear of some e-pissing contest where the quote function is sorely under-used and someone loses an eye from diabetes.

For one I know how to use the quotes now, lol

2: I was basically trying to say that Sabbath really isn't the greatest metal band of all time. No pissing contest, no nothing. See, easy!

• 5 weeks later...

So out of every metal band that has ever existed on earth, you listen to them the most, like them the most, think they are the most creative AND most talented?

Listen to them the most?

Yes, or at least the most, most of the time. Since I've started listening to metal I've listended to them more than any other metal band.

Like them the most?

Yes

Think they are the most creative?

No, but I don't think that's a huge factor in deciding greatness. Robert Johnson isn't what I'd call diverse and is generally considered the greatest blues guitarist of all time.

Most talented?

As far as riffs go, hell yes. Technically maybe not, but Malmsteen is technically better than Hendrix, he's better in no way that counts though.

Edited by alive she cried

Well then I am afraid that you need to get out more. No denying their impact, nor their creativity or skills, but at least for me, they are not "Best of All Time" material.

But it really all boils down to personal taste. I can't really critisize you for saying they are, because they really helped pave the way for bands that I have grown up listening to and have had a profound impact on me. They are also good in and of themselves. I even had a period where I was really into Sabbath and listened to their stuff pretty much all the time. But now listening to them is more like being reminded of a fond memory than actually appreciating the music. It's hard to explain.

Now for a band that would fit my own criteria...Emperor is really the only one I could sit and justify. But even then it would only be two albums. With Dodheimsgard, they have one album that is just imo a pure creative masterpiece, whilst the rest of their stuff is pretty much run of the mill, except the last album which was crap. Origin is another band that would fit, but saying a death/grind band is the best metal act of all time is doing a diservice to the genre.