Hondo's Bar

The Happening

Just saw this yesterday and was pretty pleased. Sadly the theater I was in the bulb on the projector was apparently going out causing the screen to keep flickering and doing all sorts of weird things. Needless to say I got some free passes out of it, but it really sucks it was for a movie I REALLY wanted to see.

I'm a huge fan of Shyamalan's work outside of "the village", his last flop "Lady In The Water" I absolutely loved, and everyone expects greatness after that. I don't. I won't say anything to ruin anyone's experience until they post here on HONDO'S. I also loved the flop that was "unbreakable", that movie totally kicked ass to me. Everyone else I've talked to said it sucked compared to "the sixth sense", and I have to disagree. Keeping in mind replay value, the sixth sense has one go around till it becomes a complete bore. Unbreakable I can watch time and time again. "Signs" was the same way, I totally loved it. Some people didn't and thought it was a stupid premise, but fuck them, I don't care, I liked it (even with Mel Gibson being in it).

So like I said, I hate "the village", but love everything else he's done. "the happening" is worth a view at the theater if not a rental at your local rental place. I can't wait to see it again the way it should've been, and M.Night's movies usually have a high replay value.

WUV-D.Fluff

*edited due to drunken retardedness

"Contact" was the same way, I totally loved it. Some people didn't and thought it was a stupid premise, but fuck them, I don't care, I liked it (even with Mel Gibson being in it).

I'm guessing you meant to say "Signs" there, not "Contact."

Are you excited that Night's next project is directing a live action trilogy adapted from Avatar: The Last Airbender?

I'm guessing you meant to say "Signs" there, not "Contact."

Are you excited that Night's next project is directing a live action trilogy adapted from Avatar: The Last Airbender?

Good lord I was drunk, good call.

I havn't seen anything of show "Avatar" yet, so I don't really know if its gonna be my sorta thing or not.

HA! I can't believe this fucking movie exists. I thought this was the laziest, sloppily written, unsuspenseful fucking embarrassment I've seen in a while. And I normally defend this guy's movies, especially Unbreakable. We're told the twist 20 minutes into the movie by Walberg's character, and the movie still proceeds as if the audience and characters don't know what's going on. Then at the end, it's revealed again, as if we didn't know.

Not much went on, lame attempt at writing kinda halfway quirky characters into a by the numbers disaster movie. Not even an ambitious failure, more of a lazy, sloppy one, imo.

I came out of that movie thinking that perhaps this could have worked better as a book... if at all.

I swear I kept hoping for some microscopic bug-monsters to appear everytime the wind brushed through trees, grass, or bushes.

Some chick in theater got pissed because I was being loud during the terrible terrible horrendous previews. Lindsay kept making fun of them and she made me laugh. Anyway, I wanted to punch that chick in the face. I told her off, and then she just put her head on her boyfriend and shut the fuck up.

I should've known I was in for a treat thereafter.

:)

I'm all for people shutting the fuck up during the movie, but previews are fair game! They're meant to be talked through! I've had people shush me during the fucking commercials before the movie and I wasn't havin that. Watch the "buy the world a coke" commercial on your own time, ya fuck!

I still liked it, but I really didn't like

the fucking old lady trying to be scary, only took away from the film.

, if that was replaced with something else I really think I woulda left with a much more favorable viewing.

I also agree with talking during previews, totally fair game.

Archived