Hondo's Bar

Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog

Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog

So, apparently Joss Whedon was looking for something to do during the recent writer's strike. He got together with some friends and colleagues and put this "online miniseries" together about an evil genius and his quest to be accepted as a supervillain. Also, it's starring Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion, so it has to be good. Just watch the thing. Watch it!

oh my god, that was amazing!! thank you SB for posting the link!!!...i had heard of this over at tv guide's site but it was a while ago and i had totally forgotten about it.

whedon is the shit. i love the way he can draw you into a story so effortlessly and make you care so quickly...the songs were amazing (and it was frickin awesome that he used so many of his past and current collegues in the bit parts).

The ending indeed doesn't not provide the kind of classic closure that we all find satisfying, but I think that it worked for what it was.

Alot of memorable lines. One of my favorites:

I thought he was really cheesy at first...

Trust your instincts.

and

I meant...Gandhi.

A lot of guys ignore the laugh, and that's about standards. I mean, if you're gonna get into the Evil League of Evil, you have to have a memorable laugh. What, do you think Bad Horse didn't work on his whinny? His terrible death-whinny?

Cool, it already has an IMDB entry: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1227926/

For those that didn't care for the end (I liked it): here: http://phywriter.com/?p=128

Yeah...yeah that's awful.

My alternate ending?

The freeze ray malfunctions and Captain Hammer punches Dr. Horrible across the room. He grabs the death ray and points it at him. Penny stands up and stops them. Realizing that they've both put far more time and effort into hurting each other than loving her, she leaves them both. Captain Hammer, especially enraged now (after all, he got jipped out of getting to do the weird stuff), goes to fire the malfunctioning death ray. It backfires and blows him all over the walls. Dr. Horrible, now the killer of Captain Hammer, is a shoein for the Evil League of Evil, but he loses what he really wanted most and goes back to an empty laundromat every Wednesday and Saturday.

Not perfect, but you still get a surprise death, you still get a bittersweet "evil doesn't pay" ending, and it doesn't completely disregard the tone of the first two acts like I feel the real ending did.

Just finished them, and I loved it! The songs and score were really nice.... I wonder if they are going to release a soundtrack for it or something, lol. If there is one, I'll totally get it.

Also

"*crying* oh I'm in pain! I think this is what pain feels like! Oh, momma! Someone maternal!"

heh heh

I liked the ending, but

it made me a little sad.

Archived