Hondo's Bar

Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog

heh, i fear you're somehow unfamiliar with Whedon's idea of how happy endings should be.

Yeah, Joss likes to keep you on your toes. Me and Princess Meia were debating the ending. It was a little cold but it was also briliiant. Dr. Horrible had to expect to make it into the League there had to sacrifices. Plus by making them tragic circumstances that gives him the acceptance to the league, Whedon provides us with the inspiration for his super villainy. It makes you debate the origins for all super villains, could all of them have a tragic accident like that in their past that drives them.

Thanks SiBob for providing the link to the site, me and the Princess were talking about buying the movie from itunes. Nathan Fillion is comic gold!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Horrible News, everyone!

So a sequel is in the works. It might be another web series, or it might be a feature length film, possibly even theatrical. It's still not decided. Maurissa Tancharoen (Joss Whedon's sister-in-law, co-writer or the first Dr Horrible, and Groupie #2) said (spoiler tagged for people who haven't seen the first one)

"Penny is definitely dead, but there are ways," Tancharoen said. "We love Felicia so much. Maybe she'll do catering while we shoot the movie."

Jed Whedon, Maurissa's husband and Joss' brother, also a writer of the first, said

"It's movie magic, so there are a lot of different things we can do. We just want to hang out with her."

Does that cheapen

Penny's death

? Not at all. I love

Felecia Day

and a sequel would not be the same without

her

. Neil Patrick Harris says How I Met Your Mother is on hiatus from April til August, so they're trying to see if the other cast and crew's schedule can work during that time. Joss has time with Dollhouse cancelled. Nathan Fillian has Castle, so it seems working around his schedule would be the other big hurdle. Hopefully this comes together!

I would like to remind those that worry about potential problems with characters that Joss Whedon made 2 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer after definitely killing off the main character. (Joss needs to quit killing off good characters that he may use later, seriously Joss, quit it)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived