Hondo's Bar

The Beatles!!

MetalHeart

I know we have various Beatles threads for favorite albums, songs, lyrics, and such, but here is a thread where you can discuss all things Beatles! and stuff.

I read about this today:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=427067155

One of the world's most popular board games, Monopoly, has been customised to celebrate the history and music of The Beatles. No longer are there hotels and houses, but listening parties and concerts; the hat, the iron, the shoe and other regular playing tokens are replaced with The Walrus, Here Comes the Sun, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Strawberry Fields, Octopus's Garden, and Rocky Raccoon.

Each throw of the dice could take you to Abbey Road, a Ticket To Ride, or on a Magical Mystery Tour...

The Beatles Collector's Edition of Monopoly celebrates the music that revolutionized rock-n-roll in the 20th century. This Completely customized game features Apple and Abbey Road Studios along with every album released by the Beatles allowing fans to create their own private music anthology. Enjoy and sing along to the timeless music that has transcended generations as you collect the White Album, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and more.

Game Features:

-Six custom pewter tokens including: The Walrus, Here Comes the Sun, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Strawberry, Octopus's Garden, and Rocky Raccoon.

-The familiar Monopoly game play allows Beatles fans to own and trade some of the greatest icons in Beatles history.

-Traditional Houses & Hotels are renamed Listening Parties and Concerts.

monopoly.jpg

US Store - $39.95

UK Store - £39.99

I would love it now, plz. It would make playing Monopoly so much more fun, haha.

what pisses me off is that people only seem to know the beatles hits, not their other 'experimental' stuff. i had to make a bet with my friend that the so-called "indian" music playing was infact the beatles

It can be a teensy bit aggravating at times, but it doesn't piss me off.

what pisses me off is that people only seem to know the beatles hits, not their other 'experimental' stuff. i had to make a bet with my friend that the so-called "indian" music playing was infact the beatles

Are you talking about actual released songs, like Rain and The Inner Light, or demos of sitar jamming? I actually don't care too much for Rain, but I love The Inner Light.

Are you talking about actual released songs, like Rain and The Inner Light, or demos of sitar jamming? I actually don't care too much for Rain, but I love The Inner Light.

both those songs. he put on some of my collection, and he skips through songs he doesn't know. a lot of people do this. i guess what pisses me off about it is the fact that these people know that the beatles were revolutionary, but don't understand why. it's the type of people that seem to oppose listening to an album and will only listen to 3minute songs

both those songs. he put on some of my collection, and he skips through songs he doesn't know. a lot of people do this. i guess what pisses me off about it is the fact that these people know that the beatles were revolutionary, but don't understand why. it's the type of people that seem to oppose listening to an album and will only listen to 3minute songs

The "next" button should be against the law when listening to The Beatles. Every song is love. And that is TRUFAX! lol

I Want You (She's So Heavy)

i've never heard Hey Bulldog, what album is it on?

Yellow Submarine, track 4, just over 3 minutes long, recorded in 1969 - which is debatable since these are songs that didn't really make it on other albums. They should have released this as a 4 track EP.

Many great choices. (I Want You, For No One, and A Day In The Life could easily make the cut into my top 10).

i've never heard Hey Bulldog, what album is it on?

MH is right, it is off the Yellow Submarine soundtrack. That album is made up of various songs from Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper's and Magical Mystery Tour, with 4 songs only available on that soundtrack. One is Hey Bulldog:

My favorite part of the song is the maniacal laughter and barking at the end.

The other three are All Together Now, a fun kiddy sing-songy track (in the spirit of Yellow Submarine). This is the movie version, the album version also has a few lewd lyrics:

Only A Northern Song:

And It's All Too Much, the Beatles' fourth longest studio recording (after Revolution 9, I Want You, and Hey Jude):

Yellow Submarine, track 4, just over 3 minutes long, recorded in 1969 - which is debatable since these are songs that didn't really make it on other albums. They should have released this as a 4 track EP.

Well, it's the soundtrack to the movie, so it wasn't like it was a TOTALLY blatant rehash of older songs. If you release a movie with 15 songs or so, it's fair to release a soundtrack with all the songs.

Edited by Reverend Jax

In My Life is so one of the most beautiful songs ever... and For No One has a wonderful horn solo. I think a lot of what was so wonderful and revolutionary about the Beatles was George Martin, so here's some love to a great music producer.

And he did it again with Love! Just brilliant... I think he's my favorite Beatle :-D

My favorite horn playing in a Beatles song is And Your Bird Can Sing.

In My Life is one of my favorite love songs of all time, mostly because it's such a remarkably mature song. It's not about silly romance (you'd think the world would have had enough of silly love songs :2T: ), it was about the deepest kind of real unshaking love. I think that song really marked one of the most significant turning points in John Lennon's songwriting. I also love Johnny Cash's cover of it: