Hondo's Bar

The Princess and the Frog

Silent Bob

I cannot fucking wait. Seriously, Disney has been gone from traditional 2D animation for way too long. I do hope that, like the trailer implies, this is a return to the quality an all out heart that existed from Little Mermaid to Lion King. The films after that never quite hit the level of unequivocally awesome that those four did. Some were close, but they weren't instant classics.

Plus, New Orleans is an awesome setting.

looks really good, was getting sick of everything being 3-d, doesnt have the charm of the old movies.

I think some of the 3-d movies can reach the charm(wall-e being proabbly the best example) but yeah it's good to see disney returning to their roots and some of their best work.

here's hoping this one rocks face!

does that make me gay?

I like that Disney is returning to 2D (especially since they no longer need to rotoscope the shit out of it like in their older movies) but isn't this kind of a weak story to come back on? I mean, really, the Frog Prince?

yeah well apparently their first idea was for Pinnochio 2: inappropriate touching, but apparently the public wasn't ready for it. :pinch:

• 3 weeks later...
I like that Disney is returning to 2D (especially since they no longer need to rotoscope the shit out of it like in their older movies) but isn't this kind of a weak story to come back on? I mean, really, the Frog Prince?

I think that's what's so awesome about the come back: back to the basics, right down to the story.

Archived