Hondo's Bar

6th Annual Hondie's

Aartemys

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^_^ i say, we do em towards the end of the year like, and announce them at H-con, live on the web! such an awesome idea, i know. Los even said he'd help with visuals where he could. we just need a podium...and suits!

it's going to be one giant unexpected disaster where half the people won't even see it, it will be entirely improvised and done moment to moment, will most likely not happen in any real way as expected and why would you webcast the awards at h-con when supposedly the majority of hondonians will be present at h-con...

also, it's not going to actually happen this way, cause that's how this always works out, so just do them now and save yourself the headache, dissapointment, and drama.

much love, pedro, but you were quite wrong about how the april fool's thing would be taken/geared at, so its safe to say your finger's not on the pulse, man.

the good thing about threads & recorded material - whoever doesnt see it, they'll prolly do so later. it'll be golden if we actually have guest speakers/presenters, plus the inevitable booze. you'l see.

Man, a H-Con wrap up/presentation would be fucking sweet! If NZA's media/TV CPU can browse, we could put together screenshots of people's posts to back their nominations(ala the oscars), and editing this thing into an actual polished video presentation would not only be a greater service to the Hondonians not present, but a good revenue builder also could be the next step in Hondos merch!

Alright, maybe that last part's a little ambitious, but wouldn't it be nice?

much love, pedro, but you were quite wrong about how the april fool's thing would be taken/geared at, so its safe to say your finger's not on the pulse, man.

the good thing about threads & recorded material - whoever doesnt see it, they'll prolly do so later. it'll be golden if we actually have guest speakers/presenters, plus the inevitable booze. you'l see.

April Fools was a last minute thing... and really, onnly Joel kinda had a problem with it, i was reading the threads two days ago since I was driving to Texas when it all went down and never got a full fill of it, and in the end it turned out how I had said. Plus, you all agreed it turned out well. No one even left angrily and returned a few weeks later.

Guest speaker?

Also, it won't work out however you plan it cause things never do, you're a philosopher, you know this.

I'd like a clarification. You are glad that it angered more than one person?

Well, anything angers and outrages people on here... all the time.

Also, outrage is a normal reaction to being pranked, and third, I pranked stilbored and nick, it was their final decision to instrument it all on everyone else.

Also, outrage is a normal reaction to being pranked...

and

Also, outrage is a normal reaction to being pranked...

and also, yeah

Outrage is a normal reaction to being pranked...

so yes, glad is the correct word.

:blink:

Man, a H-Con wrap up/presentation would be fucking sweet! If NZA's media/TV CPU can browse, we could put together screenshots of people's posts to back their nominations(ala the oscars), and editing this thing into an actual polished video presentation would not only be a greater service to the Hondonians not present, but a good revenue builder also could be the next step in Hondos merch!

see? this guy gets it. H-Con hondies are the future, tell a friend.

So I guess then a meet-up Hondies would adress some people's concerns of waiting til the end of the year then, huh?

Couple of things though: 1) What sorta gap is there gonna be between noms, Voting blocks & then announcement? I only ask because, frankly, the last minute begging/soliciting/threats can sway a lot of votes, and(while not pretending we're a large or important voting block) The House of Garret's internets in the 3/4 weeks leading up to the awards is gonna be sketchy at best, non-existent at worst. I'm pretty sure Alana has us booked into lodgings that have wifi, but frankly after a full day's eating taco bell, touristing, eating taco bell, getting drunk, eating taco bell, noone's gonna wanna jump online to check the polls & progress(although it'll be a trip being in the same timezone as you guys, or close enough!), same goes for any other weary travellers(depending on if the texans are flying or roadtripping Beverly Hillbillies style). I guess this year it won't be too big a thing because there's only two large groups travelling, but in future years if we manage to pull Boogie, the Irish Chapter & co it could be a thing. Anyways though, I'm in the process of finding the coolest, most awful-coloured tux I can for the ceremony!

Keeping the polls open for 4 weeks(or close enough to) will probably just about cripple folks, is what I figured, which is why I'm happy(and I guess I speak for my house) to simply vote mostly sight unseen. In the future though, if we wanna make Hondos Con an annual event, we may want to move it away from Thanksgiving to avoid family commitments & the like from you locals(like Hajukin).

yeah, its only thanksgiving cause of arch's wedding, you know that though. wait, isnt 2-3 weeks standard for the awards? as for the length of time, how it goes down etc, its panch's show, im sure he'll work it out by then.

...but the timing doesnt add up; the hondonians at h-con (at least, @ to the texans & aussies) past touring a bit say they wanna hang a lot, which i think gives us a good shot at an awards show, live or not...you really think if we're done by mid-september, everyone's gonna be cool with waiting over 2 months for the results? late october would add up, and give us more time to flesh out contestants, no?

Archived