Hondo's Bar

6th Annual Hondie's

Aartemys

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. I remember this because it made me happy. Makes more sense to have awards at either the very start or very end of a year. It doesnt seem like a year since the last ones anyway. Lets wait until the previous ones hold some sense of nostalgia before tolling the Awards Bell just yet.

been working on ideas for this round. Losifer was saying prior that instead of podcasting, we could video this one, from a podium and such, even have video editing....could be fun, if not totally arduous!

im halfway tempted to rap it up right before H-con if we do that, though, just to have more Hondonians present/receive awards live or something. commentary could be legendary after enough drinks.

Jax killed it. he knocked a cord loose at some point, and it lost sync. Bish took like a week trying to line it back up, but it never worked, shit overlapped too much and sadly, the entire effort got scrapped. shitty, i know, but we could make this year better!

• 2 weeks later...

Technically, if they're done at the end of the year wouldn't that mean you would have to consider an entire year and 1/2 of drama to be able to correctly aware these things?

Also, I don't see a point in waiting for the calendar year, Awards can reflect the previous straight day year, just like with school systems in the northern hemisphere, you get awards for the "year" that started in August or September and ended in May or June...

You guys are all about tradition, so if the Hondies are always done in June, then it should stay that way and should reflect achievements from June to June.

yeah, youre right, its gonna havta cover 1 1/2 years. i just like it better as a benchmark, cause enough folks've said they felt theyre efforts the previous fall got left out cause people forgot about it; this way, any post make in say, 2010 will clearly be a contender for the 7th.

kids these days are all about change, get with it pedro

:D i say, we do em towards the end of the year like, and announce them at H-con, live on the web! such an awesome idea, i know. Los even said he'd help with visuals where he could. we just need a podium...and suits!

Archived