Hondo's Bar

New Super Mario Bros

The NZA

oh, snap

2dmario.jpg

Nintendo kicked off their E3 2009 press conference with the announcement of The New Super Mario Bros. Wii, afour-player co-operative take on classic 2D Mario gameplay.

It was almost a perfect surprise, but close enough. The New Super Mario Bros. Wii combines the classic 2D gameplay of the original Super Mario Bros. with four-player co-operative play to create a new Mario experience. Remember watching your friends play the game on the NES? Imagine being able to join in, with a scaling screen. It's like four swords, but with 2D Mario!

The New Super Mario Bros. Wii will be available this Holiday season.

Ok, so we havnet seen much yet, but based on that, its hard to not get excited, no? Looking very forward to this one!

good question. no one seems to know yet, sadly. im kind of assuming, but nintendo's not excelled at online so far, so if nothing else, like you said, it should be grand when played locally. I do hope we have that option, though.

• 1 month later...

Trailer:

Coming out.. er.. Holiday season this year I think. Definitely on my wish list, looks like alot of fun! Not sure how the Wii controls would work, but apparently you can all work together on a level, pick each other up (either to help each other out or to eff each other over) Looks good so far. Penguin Mario FTW?

the man can have an opinion, people! im saying, it looks cool but i was a bit letdown to hear nintendo is keeping this one co-op local/offline only. they will be dragged kicking & fucking screaming into the current gen of gaming, but likely not on this system.

dont worry, newt. these games are free now, remember?

If there are no prepubescent girls with cat ears, what's the point of anything? Am I right, Alex?

I'll have you know that Cat Ears loli rubbing action is a far better game then 99.99% of all Wii games.

Wii music was free and look how well that turned out to be.

• 3 months later...

Archived