Hondo's Bar

Are Margaritas Bitch Drinks?

Darth Fluffakins

Margaritas  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, context plays a role here. If you're on vacation in Mexico and are drinking from a bar you have to swim up to (which are awesome by the way)

balashi_pool_bar.jpg

then you shouldn't going ordering "a bourbon on the rocks and leave the bottle." The same logic applies if you're in a honky tonk or dive bar.

you know, i havent been to a bar that i had to swim to since the bahamas, and i miss that.

agreed on context. over at on the border they used to do cheap pitchers of them. when its economical and shit, ill drink them in front of the duke's corpse.

I voted no though I kinda felt like putting yes, but you have to keep in mind that as a rule I find mixed drinks pointless and stupid. (The closest thing I ever make is a shot glass half full of wild turkey and honey heated in the microwave when my sinuses are acting up)

But then again you have to keep in mind that for me to touch a type of alcohol that isn't whisky is rare, maybe a bit of wine, a drop of moonshine here or there, but that's me. I feel if you're going to drink liquor you should taste it and nothing else, that's the whole point. If you're doing it for the buzz you might as well just spin around really fast on an office chair a bunch of times whilst sipping a juice box and get the same effect.

I'd have to agree that it depends on context. If you're at a Mexican restaraunt or anyplace one might onsider 'tropical', a margarita is a given. It's a crime not to get a margarita. Though, beer is forgivable. I am of the opinion, however, that anything pink and/or containing an umbrella is a bitch drink no matter where it's served.

I feel if you're going to drink liquor you should taste it and nothing else, that's the whole point.

I don't understand. Tasting the liquor is the point of drinking it. I drink apple juice and chocolate milk for the taste, not booze. Mind you, I've developed a taste over the years for many different beers, wines and hard liquors like brandy, cognac, bourbon, tequila, vodka, whiskey and rum, but I would not drink them for the taste alone. If I took a drug that made me immune to the effects of alcohol no matter how much I drank, you wouldn't see me drinking most booze (I'd still drink Mojitos, because they are delicious).

I don't understand. Tasting the liquor is the point of drinking it. I drink apple juice and chocolate milk for the taste, not booze. Mind you, I've developed a taste over the years for many different beers, wines and hard liquors like brandy, cognac, bourbon, tequila, vodka, whiskey and rum, but I would not drink them for the taste alone. If I took a drug that made me immune to the effects of alcohol no matter how much I drank, you wouldn't see me drinking most booze (I'd still drink Mojitos, because they are delicious).

Like I said, that's me. I like whiskey, I enjoy the bitter and slightly sweet taste of it, same goes with dark wines. But take for example Vodka, you drink mixed drinks with vodka so you can't taste the liquor, that's a bitch drink in my opinion. If you want the effect without the taste see aformentioned comment involving an office chair and a juice box.

So I'll be the guy at the swim-up bar drinking Knob Creek with the bottle sitting next to me.

if i can drink it and not grimace its a bitch drink. i think margaritas are, especially frozen ones. and i dont think context makes it less of a bitch drink, just makes drinking the bitch drink more acceptable. but i sure do love a good margarita.

says you who can't handle a bit of irish mist

I don't recall ever saying that, I recall not being able to handle a half bottle of Canadian Mist drank in the space of about 40 minutes, but to be fair that's a lot of whiskey at one time and toward the end I just had the bottle to my lips.

I'm not a big fan of margaritas, but "when in Rome"...

Yeah they are bitch drinks. Anything that is fruity or colorful can very well be considered a bitch drink...frozen adds to the bitchiness, methinks...

Sex on the Beach

Mai Tai

Rum Runner

Cosmo

Any special flavoured martini (Lemon drop, Sour Apple, Pomegranate...)

Midori Sour

Daiquiri

I can go on & on...

I thought it was irish mist, not canadian mist, but as far as i know they're near enough the same thing.

pussy

Canadian Mist® whisky

A canadian whisky made from corn and malted barley. Produced in Collingwood, Ontario.

view recipes with Canadian Mist® whisky

Alcohol (ABV): 40.0% (80 proof)

Irish Mist is a golden liqueur produced in Dublin, Ireland, by the Irish Mist Liqueur Company Ltd and marketed by the C&C Group.[1] It is made from aged Irish whiskey, heather and clover honey, aromatic herbs, and other spirits. Irish Mist is 80 proof[3], or 40% alcohol by volume, and is currently available in more than 40 countries.

Archived