Hondo's Bar

Your Game Idea

Keth

Pick a genre!  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

myself, i would like to make a sandbox zombie experience. it would start as the outbreak begins. you could go multiple routes. go it alone or make a team. find shelter ranging from hotels, to abandoned homes, to (thats right) prisons. find makeshift weapons. use stealth against the undead, or go on a full assault to wipe out a general area. think fallout3 meets the zombie survival guide meets command and conquer. i'd prefer 3rd person, but 1st person would make for an unusual experience. the area would have to be huge and diverse. at least the size of san andreas. Lol as for other ideas, not everything needs to super logical. like a rough cut of some cool features you'd like to see happy.gif

Edited by axel_napalm

ah, here's a fun thread idea, nice one axel.

ive had this episodic RPG in mind for years now, but its so, so hard to not rip small plot bits off of suikoden/phantasy star/berserk etc, its not even funny.

music rhythmn games, im not satisfied with the playlists of the hip hop ones so far, you can have a lot of fun with mainstream snoop dogg shit, but still work in some roots, some indie rap and make a badass instrumental section too, especially with some of the turntable and other instruments already coming out. id so indulge small packages for jazz, keyboard etc hero/band as well - people say we're oversaturated, but i think that's only cause we keep doing basically the same stuff so far. you want to really break out & have people learn new shit? give MH her cello hero and see what happens.

i also put sandbox, despite my somewhat wariness of the genre, because its been said at least since last gen that the superhero genre was made for a good use of this...i was sad when the Daredevil game on PS2 got canned, so did the Bat one this gen (not to knock Arnkham, mind you). Ultimate Spidey was alright, but we're back at the Assassin's Creed/earlier GTA dilemma of having a vast world with a few, repetitive things to do. tasks/tools needed need to be varied, escape from the scene (as well as police) needs to be a part of it too...imagine the feeling of Dark Knight Returns, that youve been lured into a trap, the building's surrounded by cops you cant take out to escape, and you gotta think on your feet & work with whatever equipment you loaded yourself down with tonight...wouldnt that be awesome? the city's yours; you could spend your waking daylight hours casing buildings and learning escpae routs, planting shit to adi you etc.

one of the biggest points to MMOs is keeping a reason to have people sign on everyday, to find out what they missed out on and such (god knows Animal Crossing did this to me in the day - people'd move away while i was working, etc). what if its a constant power struggle, a chess game with city districts? ie, take too much time off, and you come back to find teh penguin or whoever is more fortified & controls the downtown area, now you got weeks of work ahead of you to take those streets back. this'd potentially lend itself well to the daredevil "king of hell's kitchen" notion: if you dont want to play it loose and let certain groups/vices work within their boundries and keep the streets as peaceful as possible that way, let's say you go nuts and actually manage to kick everyone out/rule your city. what now? what sorta awful shit moves in when you've created thsi huge power vaccum? the more i think about this idea, the more im surprised it hasnt been done before, past uh, City of Heroes i guess?

There was talk several years ago of a game called Dead Auto (I think) that would involve a sandbox-style gameplay. Basically you'd be the lone survivor of a big outbreak and you'd have to go from town to town in your car, stopping to make repairs, get gas, make upgrades, replace parts, etc. It sounded like a great game but I never heard from it again, I always thought that was a shame.

I can't think of any original ideas but I've had some ideas for movie games, so here goes:

Tremors - Now this would need a sprawling environment of desert, mountains, etc. Now obviously there couldn't be any big settlements and that's the main pitfall this idea has is that you would have to put a lot of variety in the landscape to keep it from getting boring but something along the lines of what Gun did would work fine. Just have it in 3rd-person perspective, give you lots of vehicle options, lots of kickass weapons, and lots of different levels that switch things up (since there's only 4-different types of monsters unless you wanted to incorporate the Mixmaster from the TV show, which could actually work quite well), naturally you'd get all kinds of cool gear like a seismograph, infra-red goggles, and a myriad of explosives and ways to deploy them. It could be an action/survival-horror/sandbox game with lots of puzzle-like levels that put you at a loss with your enemies and the need to get creative to save your own ass. I would play this game in a heartbeat.

Friday the 13th - Does anybody remember that godawful Predator game where you ran around killing people? Well I was thinking like that. I say create a bunch of different scenerios, maybe some that are based off of actual movies in the series and go through them as Jason setting traps, finding weapons, and stabbing naked bitches in the dark. Picture something like Manhunt meets Predator. Of course Jason would actually have to have credible threats and the ability to die but the beauty of video games these days is that dying only lasts until you go back to the last checkpoint so no worries there and I'm sure there's a way they could incorporate Jason's ability to get back up into the gameplay.

Escape From New York - Grand Theft Auto meets Infamous. Picture it, going around a pseudo post-apocalyptic New York doing missions for lowlifes all the while trying to find and rescue the President? Each section of the city ruled by a different gang and each unique and different in its own way. It's a shame Donald Pleasence and Isaac Hayes couldn't do the voicework.

Shoot 'Em Up - Hell, all the work's pretty much been done for the game developers, they just have to make it interactive.

dude i remember being super psyched about that dead auto! it was very disappointing to hear it wasnt happening. and a big fuck yes to shoot em up :sarcasm:

Thank God, I was beginning to think I'd only imagined I'd read that EGM article. And yes, more games need to incorporate carrots as instruments of death.

There was talk several years ago of a game called Dead Auto (I think) that would involve a sandbox-style gameplay. Basically you'd be the lone survivor of a big outbreak and you'd have to go from town to town in your car, stopping to make repairs, get gas, make upgrades, replace parts, etc. It sounded like a great game but I never heard from it again, I always thought that was a shame.

I can't think of any original ideas but I've had some ideas for movie games, so here goes:

Tremors - Now this would need a sprawling environment of desert, mountains, etc. Now obviously there couldn't be any big settlements and that's the main pitfall this idea has is that you would have to put a lot of variety in the landscape to keep it from getting boring but something along the lines of what Gun did would work fine. Just have it in 3rd-person perspective, give you lots of vehicle options, lots of kickass weapons, and lots of different levels that switch things up (since there's only 4-different types of monsters unless you wanted to incorporate the Mixmaster from the TV show, which could actually work quite well), naturally you'd get all kinds of cool gear like a seismograph, infra-red goggles, and a myriad of explosives and ways to deploy them. It could be an action/survival-horror/sandbox game with lots of puzzle-like levels that put you at a loss with your enemies and the need to get creative to save your own ass. I would play this game in a heartbeat.

Friday the 13th - Does anybody remember that godawful Predator game where you ran around killing people? Well I was thinking like that. I say create a bunch of different scenerios, maybe some that are based off of actual movies in the series and go through them as Jason setting traps, finding weapons, and stabbing naked bitches in the dark. Picture something like Manhunt meets Predator. Of course Jason would actually have to have credible threats and the ability to die but the beauty of video games these days is that dying only lasts until you go back to the last checkpoint so no worries there and I'm sure there's a way they could incorporate Jason's ability to get back up into the gameplay.

Escape From New York - Grand Theft Auto meets Infamous. Picture it, going around a pseudo post-apocalyptic New York doing missions for lowlifes all the while trying to find and rescue the President? Each section of the city ruled by a different gang and each unique and different in its own way. It's a shame Donald Pleasence and Isaac Hayes couldn't do the voicework.

Shoot 'Em Up - Hell, all the work's pretty much been done for the game developers, they just have to make it interactive.

Friday the 13th would only happen if Jason had his entire family murdered by teenaged camp counsellors, and he decided to go on an alcohol-dependant Killing Spree, where he mourns & cries for his dead mother every night, sharing an apartment block with a heart of gold-having prostitute & a couple of unlikeable comic foils. I envision this game taking place on a college campus too. John Travolta could use the voicework as the slightly unhinged, Winkler-esque Dean.

Escape from New York could be exciting, I secretly dug Escape from LA as well, so Pam Greer would be more than welcome to fill out the roster.

Terrance and Phillip vs. Aliens from Outer Space - Aliens from outer space land in Canada and start to take the population over by abducting them and implanting pea-sized devices in their heads. The aliens (and the devices) have one weakness (two really as you find out later on with the unlockable queef sisters) : methane. Your objective is simple, destroy the devices, free the people, and make the aliens wish they'd never set foot in Canada. You also get scored based on fart originality. (Not doing the same ones over and over, etc.)

Terrance and Phillip vs. Aliens from Outer Space - Aliens from outer space land in Canada and start to take the population over by abducting them and implanting pea-sized devices in their heads. The aliens (and the devices) have one weakness (two really as you find out later on with the unlockable queef sisters) : methane. Your objective is simple, destroy the devices, free the people, and make the aliens wish they'd never set foot in Canada. You also get scored based on fart originality. (Not doing the same ones over and over, etc.)

hmmmm, intriguing. lol that could actually take off. i would like to see another south park FPS

Bishop had this idea for a parody j-rpg years ago. The townspeople would try and lynch any would-be heroes or mysterious maidens out of a sense of self preservation (the home village of the main character is always wiped out in the first act as a rule ya know). For female characters the more powerful the armor the smaller it would get (best armor in the game was two toothpicks and dental floss). etc...

myself, i would like to make a sandbox zombie experience. it would start as the outbreak begins. you could go multiple routes. go it alone or make a team. find shelter ranging from hotels, to abandoned homes, to (thats right) prisons. find makeshift weapons. use stealth against the undead, or go on a full assault to wipe out a general area. think fallout3 meets the zombie survival guide meets command and conquer. i'd prefer 3rd person, but 1st person would make for an unusual experience. the area would have to be huge and diverse. at least the size of san andreas. Lol as for other ideas, not everything needs to super logical. like a rough cut of some cool features you'd like to see :whatsthat:

Wow, I've had the same wet dream, I mean... vision. You know, Grand Theft Auto, but with zombies. Remember in Vice City when you do some missions at the mall where they're filming a zombie movie? People are walking around like zombies and you can shot em and shit? That's where that idea started for me.

Oh my god! Who were the developers on that, cause I'm gonna get the emails started...

I was initially lured into this thread with the rpomise of Call of Duty in Space. I'd play that.

You and I are the same person.

you helped me mail ebay shit. mind you, it wasnt received on the other end (remember the transmet sunglasses? i dont think you secured that box very well) but the point is, you're capable of at least going to a post office. at this point, im pretty sure JZA would burn up like when vampires try to enter your house uninvited.

There's a set of Transmet glasses lost somewhere in the American Postal system?

Also- it's called hive/twin/clone memory, NZA. I sibconsciously learned the lesson of Panch's foray into postage and have boycotted the postal system.

Seriously, I've never sent shit. Well wait, I did send my Xbox in for repairs, but that doesn't count, right? I mean, it WAS for myself. I've never sent anything to anyone else. I'm a selfish fuck when it comes to that. Also, on this topic... haven't I been saying I'm gonna send Skeet a 'trade' of the Spidey-Panch issues of Blood Bath? Man, I only said that cause I KNEW the fuck would make it here EVENTUALLY! Now in November he'll get the goods. See? Everybody's happy. Nothing sent.

it was years ago, but yeah, some poor dude on ebay bought said transmet glasses, didnt wanna pay for insurance, and the barely-taped-together end of the small box we used apparently didnt hold up for the trip. i hope whoever jacked em got headaches like i would after using em too long.