Hondo's Bar

A Tribute To Johnny Cash and Preacher

alive she cried

<p>While listening to this song late one night, I suddenly realised I already knew the story that I was hearing in the song.

Here's a video I made telling the story of a certain alcoholic, Irish vampire...

<object height="505" width="640"><embed allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="505" src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640"></embed></object></p>

yeah, same here - damn man, well done. how'd you manage that, you use scanned images or wha?

timing's good, though i had to pause to fully read/recall a few panels. really worked with the lyrics, reminded me of this project i tried years ago back on preacher's divinity to come up with a soundtrack for the book, but most of my choices (i have this old text file with em) are too obvious, haha. but again, awesome work man.

Cheers guys, thanks a lot.

It just clicked in me that this was the story of Cassidy.

Do you think I should warn of spoilers?

edit - I just went to the youtube site to favorite it, and noticed that you made it! That's pretty awesome, man!

Yeah I probably should go back and state that I did indeed make it.

yeah, same here - damn man, well done. how'd you manage that, you use scanned images or wha?

Yeah I had already downloaded the series, for reading (leave my graphics alone, save 'em for loaning and looking cool) and drawing (lot easier to draw from a scanned image, you can zoom in on on your pc)

timing's good, though i had to pause to fully read/recall a few panels. really worked with the lyrics, reminded me of this project i tried years ago back on preacher's divinity to come up with a soundtrack for the book, but most of my choices (i have this old text file with em) are too obvious, haha. but again, awesome work man.

Yeah the first few panels, you don't have to read. They're just there to give the feel of the characters.

I'd love to see your choices for a preacher soundtrack as well, spin post that shit

*sigh* next time im home, ill post. its not awful, i just felt (especially early on) there's way too many obvious choices i took.

You made this list back in the day? How many Skynyrd songs were there, and how many of those were Sweet Home Alabama, earmarked repeatedly for different scenes?

• 1 month later...

oh, god. id like to preface this by saying 1) it was written in 2000 and 2) i tried doing mostly classic rock stuff that i thought people on the preacher's board would know (lotta irish/english at the time, one dude barely had heard of zeppelin somehow) but looking at it, it wasnt just overly-obvious, most of it was awful and prolly wouldnt fit the scene one bit.

but i did say id post it.

# 1 Intro - Willie Nelson (Time of the Preacher)

Jesse possessed by Genesis - VAST (Touched)

# 4 Jesse Vs Saint of Killers - Deep Purple (Smoke on the water)

Jesse learns of Geneis' origin - Dave Matthews Band (Dream I killed god)

Ending (shit-eating grin) - Kid Rock (Cowboy), or Marty Robbins (I'm gonna be a cowboy)

# 7 Leaving Texas - Free (All right now)

# 9 Tulip's confessions - Chris Isaak (Baby did a bad bad thing)

# 10 Jesse entombed - Simon & Garfunkel (Sounds of Silence)

# 11 Jesse & Billy Bob - Kid Rock (Country boy can survive)

# 12 "Walk the walk" - Folk Implosion (Natural one) or Aerosmith (Back in the saddle again)

Jesse Vs Jody - AC/DC (Hell's Bells)

Until the end of the world - Bob Dylan (Like a rolling stone)

# 14 Babylon party - Rusted Root (Ecstacy)

# 15 Tulip "The right dress" - Jimi Hendrix (Foxy Lady...christ thats awful)

# 16 Cass & Starr en route to Masada - Steve Miller Band (Jet Airliner)

# 18 Texas and the Spaceman - Lynrd Skynrd (Sweet Home Alabama), Buffalo Springfield (For what its worth)

# 19 Jesse in France - Creedence Clearwater Revival (Fortunate Son)

# 20 something Jesse & Cass in bar, Laurel & Hardy talk - The Doors (Alabama song)

# 23 "Where Preachers dare" - Metallica (Hero of the day)

# 24 Jesse & Cass leave Masada - Sting & Eric Clapton (It's probably me)

# 25 Cassidy's origin - Aerosmith (Dream On) ?, Loreena Mckremit (Bonny Portmore)

Cass' immigration - nine inch nails & david bowie (i'm afraid of americans)

# 26 Cass on Empire State Building - The Eagles (In a New York minute), "Anywhere you land..." Tom Petty (Into the great wide

open)

# 29 Arse on motorcycle - Steppenwolf (Born to be Wild)

# 32-33 Dixie Fried - Godsmack (Voodoo)

# 34 Jesse & Cass drinking in desert - Led Zeppelin (Stairway to heavin)

# 35 Jesse & Tulip take on Starr & US army - Blue Oyster Cult (Dont fear the reaper)

# 36-37 Saint Vs US Army - AC/DC (Come and get it), Rob Zombie (Superbeast, Dragula)

# 38-40 Cassidy & Tulip - Blur (Sing)

# 39 Johnny Wombat - REM (Man on the Moon)

Starr & Cannibals - Stealer's Wheel (Stuck in the middle with you)

# 40 Arsefaced World - Oasis (D'yer wanna be a spaceman?

Jesse sees Cass with Tulip - Sting (Angel Eyes)

# 41 Jesse enters Salvation - Marty Robbins (Chant of the Wanderer)

Tulip reminisces about Jesse - James Taylor (Fire and Rain)

# 45-46 Odin Quincannon Vs Jesse - Eric Clapton (I shot the sherrif)

Jesse reminisces about Tulip - The Doors (Soul Kitchen), Duran Duran (Out of my mind)

# 49 Jesse's hallucination - Cyrstal Method (Can't you trip like I do)

# 51-52 Tulip leaves Cass - The Doors (Love her Madly)

Tulip's Past - Urge Overkill (Girl you'll be a woman soon), followed by The Guess Who (American Woman)

# 53 Jesse's roadtrip - The Doors (Roadhouse Blues)

# 54 I built my dreams around you - Guns N' Roses (Sweet Child O' Mine), In the snow - PM Dawn (I'd die without you), Seal

(Kiss from a rose)

# 59 Jesse begins Alamo - Johnny Cash (Man in Black), Marty Robbins (Ballad of the Alamo)

# 60 Jesse conspires with Saint - The Doors (Riders of the Storm)

# 62 Cass in church - Depeche Mode (Personal Jesus)

# 63 Drugging Tulip - Led Zeppelin (Babe I'm gonna leave you)

# 65 Alamo finale - The Doors (The End)

# 66 Series finale - Jesse's letter - VAST (Flames),

Marty Robbins (Streets of Loredo)

Riding of into the sunset - America (A horse with no name) or Bob Dylan (Knocking on Heaven's door)

-Cassidy: Blood & Whiskey - Iggy Pop (Lust for Life)

-The-Story-Of-You-Know-Who - Nirvana (Lithium)

-One Man's War (Starr) - nine inch nails (burn) ?

-Saint of Killers - Ennio Morricone (Theme to The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)

#3 Angel of Death's chess game - Van Halen (Running with the devil)

# 4 Massacre in Ratwater - Metallica (Unforgiven)

-Tall in the Saddle - ZZ Top (La Grunge), Car stealing & getaway - George Thorogood (Hot Rod Lincoln) or Dukes of Hazard

theme

-Dead or Alive - Green Day (Good riddance/Time of your life)

Songs to consider -

Johnny Cash - Wanted Man

Marty Robbins - Doggone Cowboy, misc

Styx - Renegade

Led Zeppelin - The Battle of Evermore

Fear Factory - Baker Street

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

DJ Shadow - Midnite in a perfect world (?)

i would like to apologize for a good 95% of that list. it wasnt a good call even 10 years ago.

ps man, baytor really called that one. jax was close.

oh, god. id like to preface this by saying 1) it was written in 2000 and 2) i tried doing mostly classic rock stuff that i thought people on the preacher's board would know (lotta irish/english at the time, one dude barely had heard of zeppelin somehow) but looking at it, it wasnt just overly-obvious, most of it was awful and prolly wouldnt fit the scene one bit.

but i did say id post it.

i would like to apologize for a good 95% of that list. it wasnt a good call even 10 years ago.

wayne.jpg*

*sorry. i coudln't resist. it's not really that bad of a list though. true, you could've at least tried to clean it up a lil' before you posted it. but, hey, you stayed true to 2000 NZA. respek.

# 25 Cassidy's origin - Aerosmith (Dream On) ?, Loreena Mckremit (Bonny Portmore)

Lorena McKennit? Did you cry when they canceled Lilith Fair, too?!!

...dont feel bad that that's the only name you recognized of the list, chris. :devil:

i so wouldve gone to lilith fair, if even just for sarah mclaghlan or however you spell it. oh, you heard.

gawdamn right i recognize that name. the patchouli oil smellin', clove smokin', lilith fair/pre-goth goth chicks of the 90s were my thang back in high school. heh. i do have to admit to actually liking sarah mclaughlan (i'm equally confused on SP of the last name) though. :eh:

Jesus on toast, that's worse than the soundtrack lists I used to make when I was in Jr. High/High School. Maaaan, there's some terrible calls there (how are Bonnie Portmore and Dream On interchangeable? Or Cowboy and I'm Gonna Be a Cowboy?)

You have real balls to post that, sir.

Archived