Hondo's Bar

Foods I don't like...

Lycaon

Post things you con't like/can't stand to eat, or are allergic to here. Here's a few to get it started:

Tomatoes- I can't stand biting into one, whether sliced, whole, or diced. Sauce is fine, soup ok in small amounts when combined with grilled cheese sandwiches.

Mushrooms- I don't like these by themselves. I've had fried and/or stuffed ones that were ok, though. Can't stand them on pizza (or any other members of the plant kingdom for that matter. Sauce, cheese, and peperoni only, please).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no food I don't like.

You picky eaters are whiny little prima donna bitches.

:sad: That sounds like something a fat guy JZA would say. Anyway, I dare you to eat cracker salad: canned tomato, saltine crackers, and mayonnaise mushed together in a bowl. So foul. My grandma used to eat the hell outta the stuff. My theory is that the copious amounts of cracker salad she ingested is what kept her cancer at bay for so long. But that's the only possible upside to the dish.

:sad: That sounds like something a fat guy JZA would say. Anyway, I dare you to eat cracker salad: canned tomato, saltine crackers, and mayonnaise mushed together in a bowl. So foul. My grandma used to eat the hell outta the stuff. My theory is that the copious amounts of cracker salad she ingested is what kept her cancer at bay for so long. But that's the only possible upside to the dish.

The spirit of JZA is in me, and I somehow avoid being a fat guy.

I would eat the Cracker Salad.

And I would eat it in a boat.

And I would eat it with a goat...

And I will eat it in the rain.

And in the dark. And on a train.

And in a car. And in a tree.

And I will eat it in a box.

And I will eat it with a fox.

And I will eat it in a house.

And I will eat it with a mouse.

And I will eat it here and there.

Say! I will eat it ANYWHERE!

The spirit of JZA is in me, and I somehow avoid being a fat guy.

I would eat the Cracker Salad.

And I would eat it in a boat.

And I would eat it with a goat...

And I will eat it in the rain.

And in the dark. And on a train.

And in a car. And in a tree.

And I will eat it in a box.

And I will eat it with a fox.

And I will eat it in a house.

And I will eat it with a mouse.

And I will eat it here and there.

Say! I will eat it ANYWHERE!

That's not the only thing of JZA's you've had in you. Hi-Oh!

And when I come to TX I will hold you to that. All of it.

That's not the only thing of JZA's you've had in you. Hi-Oh!

I lobbed that one in, if someone wouldn't have taken a swing I would have been severely disappointed.

And when I come to TX I will hold you to that. All of it.

I'm worried about the fox fighting with the goat.

I am, however, thinking about buying the ingredients just to take disgusting pictures of myself sloppily eating it/smearing it on my teets.

Enough with my derailings, I don't want to turn Ly's thread into "What would Logan eat".

I lobbed that one in, if someone wouldn't have taken a swing I would have been severely disappointed.

Snoogans!

I'm worried about the fox fighting with the goat.

I am, however, thinking about buying the ingredients just to take disgusting pictures of myself sloppily eating it/smearing it on my teets.

Enough with my derailings, I don't want to turn Ly's thread into "What would Logan eat".

I've never eaten fox. I have eaten goat though. Yes, take the pics. But when you mix it together you've got to use your hands. Trufax.

Meanwhile. . .

I also don't like tuna sashimi. Blech. I can stomach it in sushi when other flavors are involved, but raw tuna on it's own is not my thang.

Ditto for broccoli & cauliflower.

Also can't stand sweet dill pickles.

I hate pickles!!!! and cheese. not ALL cheese, but most cheese. i hate the fact that people put cheese on total SHIT and think "well everyone likes cheese so my stupid beans will please everyone!"

No. no matter how much cheese you put on nasty beans THEY STILL TASTE LIKE BAD BEANS.

or anything else.

I can love beans, good homemade beans, or good homemade mac n cheese, but keep your fucking nasty ass cheese ridden casserole, salad, or whatever to yourself, and keep your cheese of your bad cooking.

That's all.

:mob:

I'm more or less on Theo's side here. And I'll take it further. Picky eaters lead shallow, empty, meaningless existences. To love food in it's many splendiferous manifestations is a necessary (though not sufficent) part of being alive. I pity you poor bastards who can list the foods they don't like on more than ten fingers.

Mushrooms- I don't like these by themselves. I've had fried and/or stuffed ones that were ok, though. Can't stand them on pizza (or any other members of the plant kingdom for that matter. Sauce, cheese, and peperoni only, please).

Mushrooms aren't plants. They are fungi.

ALLERGY - Peanuts, Cashews, Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts, just about any other kind of nut (tree nuts). It causes Anaphylaxis.

Signs and symptoms

Anaphylaxis can present with many different symptoms due to the systemic effects of histamine release.[10] These usually develop over minutes to hours.[9] The most common areas effected include: skin (80% to 90%), respiratory (70%), gastrointestinal (30% to 45%), heart and vasculature (10% to 45%), and CNS (10% to 15%).[9]

Skin involvement may include generalized hives, itchiness, flushing, and swelling of the lips, tongue or throat.

Respiratory symptoms may include shortness of breath, wheezes or stridor, and low oxygen.

Gastrointestinal symptoms may include crampy abdominal pain and vomiting.

Due to the presence of histamine releasing cells in the heart coronary artery spasm may occur with subsequent myocardial infarction or dysrhythmia.

Nervous system symptoms may include loss of consciousness, loss of bladder control, and loss of muscle tone.

So, in other words, without treatment, I could die. This includes cross-contamination (chance that previously used equipment/utensils/hands came in contact with nuts and were not properly sanitized before being used on my food)

seriously, Jay, you could have fucking killed me dude! What the hell were you thinking?!

Anyways, nuts aside I like most anything really. I love spicy food. Spicy food is liking me less these days though. I downgraded at Buffalo Wild Wings from Blazin because it uh bothers me too much on the way out.

Not to my knowledge, no...

These things are magical

968673838_c2ac2b2d16.jpg

They only grow about twice a year and nobody has ever figured out how to make them grow intentionally so they're limited to their usual areas. You can find them at stores that specialize in exotic foods around spring usually.

Anyways, nuts aside I like most anything really. I love spicy food. Spicy food is liking me less these days though. I downgraded at Buffalo Wild Wings from Blazin because it uh bothers me too much on the way out.

BILLY MAYS HAS THE SOLUTION FOR YOU!

chipotlaway.jpg

Edited by Iambaytor

ALLERGY - Peanuts, Cashews, Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts, just about any other kind of nut (tree nuts). It causes Anaphylaxis.

Signs and symptoms

Anaphylaxis can present with many different symptoms due to the systemic effects of histamine release.[10] These usually develop over minutes to hours.[9] The most common areas effected include: skin (80% to 90%), respiratory (70%), gastrointestinal (30% to 45%), heart and vasculature (10% to 45%), and CNS (10% to 15%).[9]

Skin involvement may include generalized hives, itchiness, flushing, and swelling of the lips, tongue or throat.

Respiratory symptoms may include shortness of breath, wheezes or stridor, and low oxygen.

Gastrointestinal symptoms may include crampy abdominal pain and vomiting.

Due to the presence of histamine releasing cells in the heart coronary artery spasm may occur with subsequent myocardial infarction or dysrhythmia.

Nervous system symptoms may include loss of consciousness, loss of bladder control, and loss of muscle tone.

So, in other words, without treatment, I could die. This includes cross-contamination (chance that previously used equipment/utensils/hands came in contact with nuts and were not properly sanitized before being used on my food)

seriously, Jay, you could have fucking killed me dude! What the hell were you thinking?!

i was working at a campground a few years back when i witnessed this reaction first hand. it was perhaps one of the most scary things i've ever encountered. no one knew of the campers allergy, not even the camper himself (he was only 7 and had never had peanut butter....what kid doesn't eat peanut butter by the time they are 7 years old??). Anyways, he was rushed to hospital and everything turned out okay, but it scared the shit out of everyone.

needless to say i never add nut or nut based products to any bake sales for the school.

oh, another food i cannot stand would have to be salami. ick!