Hondo's Bar

Foods I don't like...

Lycaon

Post things you con't like/can't stand to eat, or are allergic to here. Here's a few to get it started:

Tomatoes- I can't stand biting into one, whether sliced, whole, or diced. Sauce is fine, soup ok in small amounts when combined with grilled cheese sandwiches.

Mushrooms- I don't like these by themselves. I've had fried and/or stuffed ones that were ok, though. Can't stand them on pizza (or any other members of the plant kingdom for that matter. Sauce, cheese, and peperoni only, please).

Ditto on the tomaters & schrooms...blech, says I!

Cottage Cheese is a huge indulgence of mine, I eat that shit straight out of the tub.

Yummmm...

I also don't like cucumber, peppers & brussel sprouts (ate them for the first time about a month ago...tried to fix it with cheese, heh!)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Macaroni & Cheese.

Hate the smell, hate the taste, hate the consistency, hate the texture.

In pre-school we were forced to eat it, and I've despised it ever since. Doesn't matter if it's the bright orange shit from a box, shells with Velveeta, or fancy penne pasta and gourmet cheese, it's all fucking nauseating. On a bad day, just being around it makes me gag.

-Cold savory foods (salad, cold cuts, sandwiches, etc.).

If it's savory, I eat it hot. I have no problem with vegetables if they're cooked (I actually really like them), but when they're raw and cold, I just feel like I'm eating leaves. And I stand by the saying, "Salad isn't food, it's what food eats." Just give me a piping-hot rare steak, right off the grill, thanks.

i was working at a campground a few years back when i witnessed this reaction first hand. it was perhaps one of the most scary things i've ever encountered. no one knew of the campers allergy, not even the camper himself (he was only 7 and had never had peanut butter....what kid doesn't eat peanut butter by the time they are 7 years old??). Anyways, he was rushed to hospital and everything turned out okay, but it scared the shit out of everyone.

needless to say i never add nut or nut based products to any bake sales for the school.

Yeah, it's some scary shit... The last time it happened i was 21, went to the hospital, heart rate was all over the place, then I saw my mother trying to tell me something as they were wheeling me in, but I couldn't hear her. My vision got blurry... Thought I was a goner.

Glad to hear you do that for the school, that's awesome!

Oh, one thing I don't like... is food with the bones still in it. I like my buffalo wings boneless.

Edited by Greyskull

yeah i dont do poultry with skin and bones still intact. gross. but for some reason bones in ribs dont bother me.

dr g, i cant believe you hate salami! its my favorite sandwich meat. yum.

Probably because ribs without bones is a pulled pork sandwich, or one of those nasty pressed rib patties that is made out of junk meat. Taking the rib bones out just makes it a disappointment.

• 2 months later...

Aarty--avocado?! Really? So good...

I hate eggs. Quiche can be "ok" and in fried rice it doesn't bug me, but just plain old eggs=barf. And strong tasting fish. Mild white fish, and shell fish, along with ahi tuna, I can do that, but salmon, trout, anchovies--ugh. Bleu cheese. Mold=yuk. Also, no organ meats.

I don't like avocadoes (something about them bothers me. I think it's the texture), but I find guacamole tolerable in small quantities.

Eggs, I don't usually like by themselves. They have to be part of a larger recipe for me to like them. Mini-quiches can be good. I only eat the same migas at a place in Austin called Dario's (their migas con queso is awesome).

Bacon and Egg sandwiches for the win!!! I love fried/poached eggs. Thought when i went to Gordon Ramsey's restaurant in London, the starter of Scallops came with poached quaill eggs, pretty different from chicken eggs.

I like avocado with my Shrimp Cocktail. Though it has a really slimey texture which is offputting

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah he acts like a rough tough son of a bitch, but he's sweet, you can tell. And he's damn good at what he does. I would love to run a pass at one of his restaurants, but you have to be a chef first and that I'm not. Waiting tables there would be cool, too. You know those servers are the best of the best and I bet they rake in hundreds a night.

• 2 weeks later...