Hondo's Bar

The A-Team Movie!

Great teaser trailer. I was (still am) a big fan of the A-Team when I was a kid.

This could be pretty good. Liam as Hannibal Smith looks sweet. (as long as they make remarks about him being "On the Jazz")

New B.A. is no Mr. T (but really who is other than Mr. T), but he has the look down.

Murdock was funny at the end and it's only a teaser so as long as he's half as funny as Dwight Schultz was. We're good.

The Van is back!

This could be a great action flick.

Do you not remember The Dead Pool or F/X? Or F/X 2?

I don't, actually. I've never heard of them. I'm sure they're terrible.

I'm not saying it's the low point, I just think it's a funny juxtaposition.

I will be remembering him for his performance as My Dad in Fallout 3, and the disappointment in his voice when he found out I blew Megaton off the map (I guess no one told him that I slaughtered and dismembered every adult in town first and piled their nude torsos up in a pile of sexy depravity, only the children and the Brahmin died by nuclear fire).

• 4 months later...
Mr. T Is Not a Fan of the New 'A-Team'

by Lindsay Robertson · June 7, 2010

The most famous star of the original "The A-Team" TV series is speaking out against the new movie remake. Mr. T, who played B.A. Baracus on the original series, says he was offered a cameo in the new film. However, he turned it down because he says he "knew what was coming" -- a level of violence and sex unacceptable to the actor and, he says, untrue to the original vision of the show.

Mr. T, whose real name is Laurence Tureaud, was in attendance at the movie's Los Angeles premiere, where he admitted his fears were confirmed. "It was too graphic for me," he said. "People die in the film and there's plenty of sex, but when we did it no one got hurt and it was all played for fun and family entertainment. These seem to be elements nobody is interested in any more."

The original "A-Team" was about a group of Vietnam vets who escaped jail after being imprisoned for a crime they didn't commit. They then joined together to fight for justice. While there was violence on the show, it was famously of the cartoonish variety, and rarely was anyone seriously hurt. The new "A Team," in theaters June 11, is made up of Iraq war veterans just returned from the battlefield, and includes a sexy new character played by Jessica Biel.

Mr. T isn't the only former "A-Team" star who has some complaints about the new film. Dirk Benedict, who played "Faceman" in the original series (played in the remake by Bradley Cooper) is less concerned about sex and violence and more offended by his lack of screen time in his cameo: "I'm on for a mere three seconds and I find that kind of insulting."

The new B.A. Baracus, played by Ultimate Fighter Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, would probably disagree with Mr. T's opinion. Last week, he questioned the movie's impact on his own tough image, saying that the entire profession of acting "makes you soft."

The new movie's biggest star, Bradley Cooper, has only joking complaints about the film so far, namely that his shirtless scenes make him look "like a chimpanzee."

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk...new-a-team.html

I'll be bumping this thread and laughing like a madman when I'm inevitably right. Even if it's twice as good as Miami Vice, it'll still be damn near unwatchable.

WRONG

well i liked it... Murdock is worth the price alone. If their is one thing to hate about the movie it's Jessica Biel's no talent ass. she was unbearable. otherwise it was a really fun movie.

I'll be bumping this thread and laughing like a madman when I'm inevitably right. Even if it's twice as good as Miami Vice, it'll still be damn near unwatchable.

Damn I wish I'd have bet you money ont his one! This film was pure fun. If you liked the A-Team as a TV show, or if you dig action films in general, then you should love this film. If you loved the A-Team as a TV show then you should wear a diaper when you go to the theater because you will likely:

jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1-300x167.jpg

Damn I wish I'd have bet you money ont his one! This film was pure fun. If you liked the A-Team as a TV show, or if you dig action films in general, then you should love this film. If you loved the A-Team as a TV show then you should wear a diaper when you go to the theater because you will likely:

jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1-300x167.jpg

I await the acadamy award nomination with bated breath. :2T:

You don't even need money to make a bet with me, keep that in mind. Interesting offers are always considered. :ohface:

All I'm gonna say is that I'll believe it when I see it. I'll tell you what will probably happen: I'll listen to all my dorkus malorkus friends say how awesome it is for a year, I'll get swayed enough to finally watch it and it will be a bad movie.

I call this Transformers syndrome. It's an epidemic.

Then I'll say how bad it was and everyone will be all "WHAAT? You just don't get movies that are bad. It's one of the highest grossing films of all time! Why do you hate fun and life? Go watch Magnolia you pretentious ass." Then I'll feel how 'Baytor must feel when discussing practically any other subject.

That's my new prediction. :D

I heard that BA Baracus is a non-violent pacifist in this movie. Is that just like the show? Haven't seen the show in a long time.

I call this Transformers syndrome. It's an epidemic.

God, this is so true. I didn't see Transformers until about a month before the sequel came out, because this chick was saying how excited she was about the sequel and when I told her I hadn't seen the original, she told I me I should see it. I really should have just lied to her and told her I saw it and I liked it. Instead I actually suffered through that pile of horse crap. Would have been worth it had I gotten laid out of it, but that didn't happen. I did get laid after watching The Brothers Grimm though, and that was a close call as to whether it was worth it.

That was more of a Mr. T reference than B.A. Baracus I think, but it worked.

I agree, baytor. I think the persona of Mr. T became so entrenched w/ the B.A. character back in the '80s that it's hard to separate the two. And regardless of the origin of the pacifism, it worked well into a nice character arc for the B.A. in the film. I know the fear of flying thing was big in the show and I loved how they gave the origin for that.

Twice in one day I'm agreeing w/ Baytor. I've a bad feeling about this. . .

Archived