Hondo's Bar

World Cup 2010

Choose Life

Hopefully the North Koreans will win.

Would be the all time biggest shock in world of sport.

In all seriousness, Spain have to be favourites {Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas if he is fit, Villa, Torres, Casillas, Puyol........list goes on}

I hope either Argentina or Italy win

• 4 weeks later...

ITALYS PRELIMINARY SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS- Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Morgan De Sanctis (Napoli), Federico Marchetti (Cagliari), Salvatore Sirigu (Palermo);

DEFENDERS- Salvatore Bocchetti (Genoa), Leonardo Bonucci (Bari), Fabio Cannavaro (Juventus), Mattia Cassani (Palermo), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Domenico Criscito (Genoa), Fabio Grosso (Juventus), Nicola Legrottaglie (Juventus), Gianluca Zambrotta (Milan);

MIDFIELDERS- Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Antonio Candreva (Juventus), Andrea Cossu (Cagliari), Gennaro Gattuso (Milan), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Christian Maggio (Napoli) Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Simone Pepe (Udinese), Andrea Pirlo (Milan);

FORAWRDS- Marco Borriello (Milan), Antonio DiNatale (Udinese), Alberto Gilardino (Fiorentina), Vincenzo Iaquinta (Juventus), Giampaolo Pazzini (Sampdoria), Fabio Quagliarella (Napoli).

Bare in mind, Roma were facing Inter Milan in a cup final, so he didn't call players up from those 2 teams.

De Rossi of roma will be a definate inclusion though in the final 23 man squad

• 1 month later...

To be honest, I am very proud of the US. I think we have a shot of being in the top of our group and going quite far in the elimination stage. My second favorite is England. I did have high hopes for the Ausi, but after their last performance…

GO U S AND A! High Five! We kick balls of other country!

borat3.jpg

Eh, in all seriousness, had Ireland made it I'd be rooting for them...

that, and the NBA Finals are way moar important to me right now...

Man, FUCK soccer and FUCK the World Cup! 90 mins of the buzzing shit for a 1-1 'WIN'? How is TYING winning? Dumbest shit ever! I got better things to do with my time. I'll catch the highlights on ESPN.

3/10.

Seemingly the france world cup camp are going bat shit crazy. here is a timeline of events.

Euro 2008 Build UP - Nasri sits in Henry's seat on accident. Henry gets in a huff. Nasri stands his ground, making him the first frenchman to do so since Austerlitz. A grudge is born

Euro 2008- France vs. Italy - Domeneach has to play Abidal at centerback because he left Mexes out of the squad because Mexes is a Scorpio. When Abidal is sent off, he has to bring on Boumsang. Also, brings on Nasri after injury only to sub him off after red card

Euro 2008 - France are knocked out, having only scored 1 goal

Post Euro 2008 - Domeneach also proposes to his girlfriend on tv after getting knocked out, confirming stereotypes about the french being the best lovers

Post Euro 2008 - FFF doesn't fire him. On a completely unrelated note, Domeneach runs academies that the FFF depend on

WC 2010 qualifiers - The team is very cliqueish. Players from the Antilles, the muslims, those who play in France, the old timers, and then those who play for bourdeax. No one really likes each other, and the bourdeax contigent and older players hate each other

WC 2010 qualifiers - Can't beat Romania (again), can only beat Lithuania 1-0 at both times of asking, can only beat the Faoroe Islands 1-0. Have to go to a playoff

WC 2010 qualifiers - The Hand of Frog. Henry hires someone to start his car from here on out.

WC 2010 qualifiers - Provisional squad named. Benzema and Nasri don't even make the 30 man squad

WC 2010 Preperations - A lot of players don't like Gourcoff because he's more of a theatre and opera guy than wag and nightclubber

WC 2010 Preperations - Anelka and Ribery don't like Gourcoff is in the first team, won't pass to him or let him take free kicks

WC 2010 Preperations - Group bullies Gourcoff for hair plugs (this might be a joke about Stephen Ireland)

WC 2010 Preperations - Gourcoff pulls an Ireland to get time off

WC 2010 Preperations - Anelka tries to stick up for Gourcoff, but Domenech ignores him. When Anelka is coming out as the paradign of class, you know you're in trouble

WC 2010 France-Uruguay - After the 0-0 draw, Zidane goes on TV and slags off Domenech

WC 2010 France-Mexico - The older players ask Domeneach to change to a 4-4-2 and to bring back Henry for the Mexico game. Domenech agrees, then finds out that Zidane was behind it.

WC 2010 France-Mexico - Anelka and Domeneach have at it at half time

WC 2010 France-Mexico - Henry leads the other players to warm up behind the goal, to prevent Domeneach from making a sub

WC 2010 France-Mexico - Gourcoff is shown cowering from Ribery during the post came press conference

WC 2010 - Story leaks out about the altercation between Anelka and Domeneach

WC 2010 - Anelka gets sent home

WC 2010 - Evra issues a fatwah against the "mole"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived