Hondo's Bar

Mel Gibson Rant Appreciation (?) Thread!!!

Let's start off with the latest in which he calls his second wife (currently in custody battle over their 8-month old child) and brags about punching her teeth out...among other things. Take it away Mel!

HEAR GIBSON'S LATEST RANT

HEAR THE FIRST TAPED RANT

The latest rancid rant from Mel Gibson was released today, featuring him saying his baby mama “deserved it” after she raised the topic of him allegedly hitting her.

"What kind of a man is that? Hitting a woman when she's holding a child in her hands? Breaking her teeth twice in the face! What kind of man is that?" ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva says on the tape released by RadarOnline.com.

"Oh, you're all angry now? You know what, you f--king deserved it," he shouts back. “I’ll put you in the f--king rose garden, because I'm capable of it,” Gibson adds.

The tape is the second released by the gossip website. The tapes were officially subpoenaed today by cops who have opened a domestic violence investigation, Radar also reported.

Grigorieva told a dentist that it was Gibson who knocked her teeth out, TMZ.com reported today.

Gibson, 54, and Grigorieva, 40, also are waging a bitter custody battle for their 8-month-old daughter.

Radar on Friday released the first tape in which Gibson launched into a racist rant against ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva. In that tape, he says, among other things, "You go out in public and it's a f--king embarrassment to me. You look like a f--king bitch in heat. And If you get raped by a pack of n--ers, it will be your fault! Alright?"

In today’s tape, Gibson at one point sounds as if he’s hyperventilating as he repeats, “You don’t care, you don’t care.”

He threatens to drive over to see Grigorieva, saying, “I have plenty of energy to drive over there and I will. F--king listen to me. Listen to my f--king ranting.”

Gibson repeatedly says Grigorieva has no soul.

When she suggests that he needs medication, he says, “I need a woman not a f--king little girl... .”

“You need a f--king bat in the side of the head,” he adds.

Meanwhile, RadarOnline also reported that Grigorieva signed a cohabitation agreement which prevents her from claiming a cent of the star's billion-dollar fortune.

The contract, which the website claimed Grigorieva signed while she was pregnant last year, allowed financial provisions for their eight-month-old daughter, Lucia, but not for the Russian pianist.

However, Grigorieva disputed the legality of the contract, saying she signed a draft copy while under duress, the website quoted a source as saying.

The source told RadarOnline that the 54-year-old actor and director had yet to meet his financial obligations -- or pay child support.

Grigorieva previously told British newspaper The Mail on Sunday, "He is not paying me a penny. Nothing ... I am having to live on credit cards and borrowed money ... it is not a good situation."

Last week, Gibson was dropped by talent agency, William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, reportedly for being a liability.

He could also face up to four years in prison if he is found guilty of felony assault after Grigorieva claimed she was punched in the face "more than once" by the actor on Jan. 6, FOXNews.com reported.

Sources close to Gibson denied the allegations to People magazine, saying he was only attempting to stop her from shaking their daughter.

--With Newscore

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/mel_...BwwfcugxmsgU1PN

Nick has a post in blargh! w/ some spoofs on these rants already.

And let's not forget drunk-driving Mel, sugartits!

2010-07-01-melgibsonmugshot.jpg

On July 28, 2006, at 2:36am PDT,[1] Mel Gibson was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol after being stopped for speeding (87 mph/140 km/h in a 45 mph/72 km/h zone) in his 2006 Lexus LS 430[2] on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, California.[3] A breathalyzer test measured Gibson’s blood-alcohol level as "0.12%" (the state's legal limit is 0.08%), and next to him was an open container of "Cazadores Tequila," 750ml at 75% full.[4]

Gibson was described by the arresting officer James Mee as cooperative until arrested, at which point he became belligerent and experienced mood swings. While handcuffed in the car, Gibson made antisemitic remarks to Mee, who is Jewish, saying "Fucking Jews...the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

n its June 28, 2006 story, TMZ.com reported that Gibson asked an unidentified female sergeant at the station, "What are you looking at, sugar tits?", citing an unnamed law enforcement source. However, this allegation was not found in the accompanying report by arresting officer James Mee.[10] In his 2006 interview with Diane Sawyer, Gibson remained silent after Sawyer read the alleged "sugar tits" quotation, while Gibson responded saying "that came out of my mouth," after hearing the quotation "Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."[19]

In a 2009 interview with Jimmy Kimmel, Kimmel told Gibson, "In my opinion the word sugartits is the greatest new word in the decade." Gibson replied that the term was falsely attributed to him and that "sugar tits" was a regular expression used by the arresting officer. Gibson added that he wished he had coined "sugar tits" because it is funny.[20] The next day, TMZ.com reported the Gibson denial and did not defend their original story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Gibson_DUI_incident

And then there was the time he called a movie critic an asshole.

bwahaha, you knew this thread was comin', you knew it'd be a haku production

to follow up and indulge some gossip-shit...'scuse me whilst ah qoute mahself:

in light of recent celeb gossip shit:

BtYUWl.png

LvfCP.jpg

+ kittens

1) he's pretty awful as a person. that said...this kinda seems like it shouldve been a private conversation.

2) still gonna watch Apocalypto eventually and if/when Lethal Weapon 5, day one. and so will you.

3) i still think him calling that critic an asshole was like his PR highlight.

4)

This guy... wow. He doesn't need a publicist, he needs a crisis campaign manager. And a legal team. And an ambien. Or 200.

i don't know; we're kind of fickle. i got a dollar says Lethal Weapon 5 (this presumes Danny Glover would work with him again, heh) comes out, everyone forgets most of this...like Tom Cruise dancing at the end of Tropic Thunder. when our entertainers entertain us by doing socially acceptable things, we tend to give them a pass.

Okay, not to turn this into a "he's really a good guy" argument (cause he so isn't.) Why is everybody (that is to say, the media) concentrating on the words niggers and wetbacks. I don't think Mel Gibson's a racist, I think he's just a crazy asshole. Mel's not done anything to indicate that he hates anybody of any other race and he's worked with a fair share of other people of different races, I mean he co-starred with Danny Glover 4 times and there was never an issue. I don't know, maybe I'm just too full of white pride but I think too many people are crying racism for two words said in private company thrown out in offhand statements (He honestly could have been using them as the ethnic version of "white trash" but that's not really important to my point) when there's a pretty clear case of misogyny waving itself in our faces begging to be noticed. Mel Gibson and Michael Richards just need to get with Charlie Sheen's publicist, that man could get Hitler to guest star on Two and a Half Men and the world would love it.

look, i can halfway see the merit being "people say dumb shit when they're drunk/pissed" (even though if you're constantly tossing about racial slurs in said state, isn't that itself kinda telling?), but I thought Haku's opening here was trying to show a pattern: yeah, we got misogyny since "sugar tits", but if you're batshit-crazy with anti-semitism, people aren't really inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt when you're indulging other cultural taboos. if a pattern of racist language =/= racism, what does?

as for working with Glover, Whoopi etc: i believe a paycheck can and does overcome such sentiments all the time. that said, yeah, a publicist like that might help but im telling you: if you just keep moving and make a movie people wanna see, we eventually forget shit. no one's gonna care that Bale's volatile if Batman 3 goes well, no one asked R. Kelly about pissing on little girls as much after he put out a few albums since.

...wait, did he really hit her? nevermind then, he's fuckin awful. still gonna watch his movies

ps surprised no one else enjoyed my kittens link, that'd be step 1 if i was his publicist. it goes so much better!

look, i can halfway see the merit being "people say dumb shit when they're drunk/pissed" (even though if you're constantly tossing about racial slurs in said state, isn't that itself kinda telling?), but I thought Haku's opening here was trying to show a pattern: yeah, we got misogyny since "sugar tits", but if you're batshit-crazy with anti-semitism, people aren't really inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt when you're indulging other cultural taboos. if a pattern of racist language =/= racism, what does?

as for working with Glover, Whoopi etc: i believe a paycheck can and does overcome such sentiments all the time. that said, yeah, a publicist like that might help but im telling you: if you just keep moving and make a movie people wanna see, we eventually forget shit. no one's gonna care that Bale's volatile if Batman 3 goes well, no one asked R. Kelly about pissing on little girls as much after he put out a few albums since.

...wait, did he really hit her? nevermind then, he's fuckin awful. still gonna watch his movies

ps surprised no one else enjoyed my kittens link, that'd be step 1 if i was his publicist. it goes so much better!

A paycheck does buy good behaviour, but it doesn't buy respect and it doesn't make someone act less cunty behind the scenes. Still, I'm saying, he needs to get with Charlie Sheen's PR guy (It has to be a man, because sans Denise Richards, no woman will get within two miles of him), I mean Charlie Sheen is one of the most vile people I can think of and I still like the son of a bitch. I don't even know why, and he's fucking everywhere. His brother Emilio Estevez: great guy, hasn't done anything wrong, hasn't been seen since Mighty Ducks 3. Weird shit.

why is it Mel goes off ranting and cursing on what is supposedly a private conversation and he gets a thread while chris brown puts rihanna in the hospital and there aint even a discussion about that?

not saying the two are equals, but that are both high profile stars who have an image to uphold. what has this board come to?

why is it Mel goes off ranting and cursing on what is supposedly a private conversation and he gets a thread while chris brown puts rihanna in the hospital and there aint even a discussion about that?

not saying the two are equals, but that are both high profile stars who have an image to uphold. what has this board come to?

Is Chris Brown famous for something other than punching Rihanna? I thought that was his sole purpose in life.

The critic was being an asshole.

Nick said that too before, but I don't think so. The guy was just doing his job. The most recent thing Gibson was known for before he did the press junket for Edge of Darkness--literally--was his drunk driving arrest and the comments he made. It's a fair enough quesiton.

it is on Hardball, or...i dunno, i know im giving Mel the benefit of the doubt here, but if you were thinking this was the usual soft/fluff piece to hype your next work, then i can see getting pissy when you feel blindsided, especially when he was clearly trying to drive it away & back to the product on sale.

http://www.whatsplaying.com.au/2010/...mels-comeback/

There may be hope for Gibson though. What's Playing hears that Mel Gibson and Joel Silver have re-initiated talks on a fifth Lethal Weapon.

"They're talking again", says our source - who although would rather not be identified, doesn't mind us saying he's currently writing for Type A Films. "Mel probably needs Joel, not to mention Lethal Weapon now more than ever, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if it comes off this time. And it could be a good move, that's a mighty big brand name - it probably would help Gibson, professionally-speaking. I'm not in on those conversations though - so I don't know how they're progressing. You're getting this third-hand".

just a rumor...for now.

Archived