Hondo's Bar

Gotham High

The NZA

because i cant make this shit up

FpmgJl.jpg

Gotham High

Hey everybody! We have a huge treat in store for you this week from the Jeff and Celeste vault of awesomeness. Batman is both mine and Celeste’s favorite superhero and some time about a year and a half ago, we were approached to create a spec series based off of an old drawing of mine that we then sent to DC. Unfortunately, the project got lost in the sea of all the other Batman related projects in the works. But hey, it was still fun to make.

The Story Synopsis:

We all go through incredible changes as teenagers: growth spurts, bad skin, a sudden insatiable need to uphold justice and avenge your murdered parents…. Well, that is if you’re Bruce Wayne.

As if being a freshman at Gotham High wasn’t tough enough, Bruce’s insomnia and technological fascinations are taking their toll. Instead of spending his time studying, he has begun to obsess over an emerging personality trait: Batman. But under the watchful eye of his guardian and steward, Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce is forced to put his intelligence to good use: graduating high school. But given his classmates, can Bruce survive Gotham High?

a0XFul.jpg

qXpadl.jpg

bonus! not sure if any of this is legit:

Gotham_High_The_Best_Friends_by_ellensama.jpg

yeah, i guess that's the one. i used to watch the reruns on WB moreso, though.

does evo start slow? is there somewhere i should jump to for the better bits? its not like i need an intro to these characters, im thinking.

X-Men Evolution is almost literally Ultimate X-Men minus some of the darker bits.

So I've been thinkin about this pretty heavily since folks started posting and if done right (Adult Swim-ish), it could really be cool. Really, it was Baytor's Robin comment that got the creative juices flowing.

Robin would work as a kindergartener, BUT ONLY if he was a kid of one the student's at Gotham High. Remember Adult Swim?

Killer Croc of course would be a bully/jock... with HORRIBLE acne.

Harvey Dent could be student government. Also a little bipolar. His quark would be that he's always asking for spare change.

Penguin/Riddler would be nerds that get picked on by the jocks.

Selena Kyle would be the school bike.

Poison Ivy would be the hippy Green chick. Always preaching the environment and shit. Possibly lesbo.

Tommy Elliot would be star quarterback. Best friend to Bruce. His thing would be that he puts his finger to his lips before plays in a football game.

Gordon could be hall monitor.

Joker? Is a little harder to figure out. Class clown is too obvious. Need something clever.

It would also be cool if the rest of the DC Universe made appearances, but as rival high schools. Smallville High Flyers. Coast City High Constructs. Sister Amozonia Roman Catholic School for Girls.

• 4 months later...

Ok, ok...I'll accept the fact that Batman went to highschool with all of the deformed freaks that would later try to kill him on a regular basis, but I refuse to believe that Bruce Wayne would have ever gone to public school.

Idea /done.

Archived