Hondo's Bar

Walking Dead Toys are coming!

Mr. Hakujin

So, Toy Fair 2011 was a few weeks ago and the big announcement for me was the WALKING DEAD line from McFarlane Toys. Old Toddy McFarlane's company kinda dipped out of geek culture relevance when the comic, movie and TV toylines dried up (as did a lot of his retailers like Virgin & Suncoast), but his sports line kept the company afloat and he's had great success w/ the HALO figure line.

And now his fellow Image creator, Robert Kirkman swoops in w/ a toy line poised to bring McFarlane Toys back to the forefront. McFarlane Toys will have figures based on both the comic and AMC TV series!

It looks like the 6" figures will hit stores in September and you can pre-order online for around $15.

THE WALKING DEAD Series 1

Officer Rick Grimes

Michonne

Zombie Lurker

Zombie Roamer

The second series of deluxe 6-inch figures is revealed in November 2011 and introduces four figures based on AMC's original drama including:

THE WALKING DEAD Series 2

Deputy Rick Grimes

Daryl Dixon

Zombie Walker

Zombie Biter

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CMF14413lg.jpg

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CMF14414lg.jpg

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CMF14411lg.jpg

I'll definitely pick up the first Rick figure and I'm looking forward to seeing what the final sculpt of Michonne will be. If you look at the video below they briefly show an initial sculpt, and it looks spot on as to her issue #19 cover appearance. It'd be so cool if they made a deluxe version of her where she has the two zombies on chains as well. . .

Michonne.jpg

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:622572" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="configParams=id%3D1657849%26vid%3D622572%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A622572" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" base="." width="512" height="319">Movie Trailers - Movies Blog

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh don't get me wrong they're (with the exception of this particular line I'm looking at) very well sculpted and painted, I even own a few MacFarlane's brand figures myself. I just prefer my figures to be made of plastic that isn't some sort of slow moving liquid and to not smell like a can of turpintine had sex with a pile of afterbirth.

Yeah, Lindsay, that's the spirit!

And I know you've mentioned the McFarlane's toys have had noticeable smells before Baytor, but like Panch wrote--it's never been an issue w/ me. I get the figs to look at--not to smell. I think the last McFarlane fig I bought though was an Angel-winged Spawn from a line 2 or 3 years back. But smell or not, you gotta say McFarlane is doing the WD line right by the sculpts.

• 3 months later...

McFarlane just released news about these figs coming out in September. The Michonne sculpt is the only one we really haven't seen yet. I'm guessing they are still working on the sword b/c making a Michonne figure w/out a katana would be like making a Rick figure w/out his hat.

Also, the paint jobs on these new pics don't looks as good to me as the ones on the previous figs. Rick's face looks better than the prototype, but something still isn't looking quite right about it...

walking%20notdead.jpg

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/McFarlane%20Toys/Walking_Dead/Comic_Series_01/thewalkingdeadcomic1_roamer_photo_01_dp.jpg

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/McFarlane%20Toys/Walking_Dead/Comic_Series_01/thewalkingdeadcomic1_lurker_photo_01_dp.jpg

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...