Hondo's Bar

Playstation Vita

The NZA

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

hot damn, PSN+ for Vita looks solid, couple this with a decent pricecut next year and i think they'll finally be heading in the right direction...check this shit out:

8180371559_f0eb40d8fd_c.jpg

PS Vita PN+

-Included in the price of the PS3 PS+ at no additional cost.

-PS+ Vita content will be posted on the PS3 Store too (so it's also available for PS3 users who still don't have a Vita).

-1GB of cloud save storage, that will be added to the PS3 1GB storage.

-PS+ cloud saves will let you transfer game saves from retail carts to the PSN version.

-Like in PS3, 'purchase' free games while available in the store and download or play them until you keep renewing the subscription. However, if you decide to re-activate your membership, you will once again be able to play all games downloaded from the Instant Game Collection.

-Special discounts (-20% for the first offers) to purchase games that won't expire with your subscription.

-First month free games : Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush, Mutant Blobs Attack!!! worldwide, in addition to Wipeout 2048, Jet Set Radio HD and Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions.

-Automatic software updates.

-Automatic trophy sync.

-PS+ Vita content will be limited through DRM to 2 consoles and 2 handhelds per account.

Vita firmware v2.00

-PS+ Support.

-Email app (Gmail, Yahoo!, other IMAP/POP3).

-1080p video playback.

-Video now supports closed captioning.

-Content manager with PS3/PC now using wi-fi too.

-New web browser with upgraded HTML5/Javascript support and optimized both CPU processing and graphic rendering.

gunsmith's pushing the idea hard; $200 for Vita, COD + 4 gig card aint a bad price...he knows i'm holding out for $150 and offloading the game brings it to around there.

i'm tossing it about but honestly:

1) bout to put down $400+ for WU/mario/etc on sunday

2) PSN+ brings all the non-katamari vita games i wanted to play, might need more titles (PSO2 next year will do it, more digital PSP sales will help)

3) i still gots a backlog at the moment, mostly DS and PC but still.

so i dunno...maybe? i'm doing alright financially, could wait till next year but might still jump.

to answer your prior question on what PSP games i wanted via PSN:

a) already bought Corpse Party on sale last week (visual novel, recommended by bish)

b) if its still on sale ill grab Persona 2 soon

c) Dracula X Chronicles (nice that it brings SOTN)

d) FF IV complete

e) Trails in the Sky

f) Patapon 2/3

mostly JRPG's, right? sucks that they fucked up Parappa PSP's timing like they did, not much else im checking for. heard good things about Sound Shapes too.

You strike me as someone who'd quite enjoy Gravity Rush. If you're able, get access to it and see what that does for you. It's kind of Steampunk Anime Sailor Moon-ish style, and uses the Vita's control scheme effectively.

Uncharted: GA is possibly my favourite Uncharted to date, and if even 3 more games come out as engaging and making full use of the Vita's gimmicks as this did, then it was worthwhile.

I picked up the Assassin's Creed Bundle, and got Gravity Rush (a title that had piqued my interest since it was announced) during Best Buy's B2G1 sale so it ended up being a little over twenty bucks.

I've barely scratched the surface of it, but I am really loving in so far. The games aesthetic is fantastic and one you get the hang of gravity manipulation as a travel mechanic you will wish more games had it.

Kinda bummed that it's free with plus now, but I still love having a case on the shelf (even if the Vita cases are 99.9% empty space) especially with games I really connect with.

That was my one complaint about the Liberation bundle, no frigging case for liberation, just the card in bubble pac. Grrrr. Gonna have to get some blank vita cases....

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY

got mine off a deal @ GAF, downloaded all the PS plus stuff from a few posts back, few PSX games i had on plus as well (why doesnt Um Jammer Lammy work yet?!), some demos & such. i'd grabbed Persona 2 and Corpse Party on sale recently as well.

havent played any but Jet Set Radio so far, mostly dicking about with Welcome Park & learning the OS stuff. ive got a nice lockscreen down, but ive had trouble finding good wallpapers that flow with the background colors & also dont make it hard to read the white font on each bubble.

it's pretty cool so far, Near seems like a nice function as well. ive got a ton of space left on this 32 GB card, only looking to get Touch My Katamari on the cheap for now (hopefully Lumines and maybe Sound Shapes hit plus eventually?). I think bish picked up Ragnarok Odyssey (which mal was on about), gonna jack his copy of the 999 sequel soon. now, to wait until EDF and PSO 2 next year! god i hope they announce a Yakuza game that gets localized.