Hondo's Bar

DC rebooting (some of) its universe

The NZA

wait...what's this?

DC Reboot: the JSA is not coming back

I give that 6 months, seriously I don't think they're going to stick with this 52 books things for long. It would be nice though if they give them all slightly better costumes, I mean I don't want anything groundbreaking but it'd be cool if they didn't look like a bunch of homeless men that assembled their superhero outfits from the dumpster behind a Goodwill.

i know you were the a fan of the JSA, but did they seem like they still knew what to do with them? also, how does that work: do they just kinda fade into the background and not have books or what? i can't see them undoing their golden era guys.

also, if what i've read of your boy :dip: is true, he could use some depowering. jesus.

Superman is going to be the first Meta in the relaunch, so the Golden Era heroes simply don't factor into this new continuity...which is weird, because everybody's history changes except for the batfamily.

Wally was never the first Kid Flash, and never existed. Bart is the Kid Flash in the Teen Titans. Cyborg is a founding member of the JLA

Mr. Terrific and Hawkman are the only known survivors of the JSA, with possibly Dr. Fate.

also, Geoff Johns proved that the JSA titles could sell: they were very popular.

All of this is so damn...weird. I keep thinking in a year they're just going to say "nvm" and call this Earth-F or something.

And Bart, eh? I guess I assumed Legion was out, but upon doing a bit of research they actually have 2 books: one in the 31st century and one following a small group that time travels back to modern time. I'm curious to see if Bart has his origins there or what. Lord knows they could do anything at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

JLA.jpg

This September, DC Entertainment is making history by launching 52 #1 DC Comics issues starring the World's Greatest Super-Heroes. To commemorate this milestone occasion, DC Entertainment will be releasing DC COMICS: THE NEW 52, a massive hardcover collection that collects every single one of these debut issues. Hitting stores on December 7th just in time for the holiday season, this 1,216-page compilation will sell for $150.00 and include such issues as:

• JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee

• ACTION COMICS #1 by Grant Morrison and Rags Morales

• BATMAN #1 by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo

• GREEN LANTERN #1 by Geoff Johns and Doug Mahnke

• SWAMP THING #1 by Scott Snyder and Yanick Paquette

• STORMWATCH #1 by Paul Cornell and Miguel Sepulveda

• TEEN TITANS #1 by Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth

• And 45 more!

latest details i'm seeing on supes' end have the marriage retcon'd, and both his parents dead.

well, news is that the JSA is NOT retconned...that they DID exist...they're just not going to be featured in the beginning. Don't know how it's going to work with Supes being the first supposed meta human. So long as they keep Wally and Alan, I'll be ok.

I'm still mourning Wally... :(

well, news is that the JSA is NOT retconned...that they DID exist...they're just not going to be featured in the beginning. Don't know how it's going to work with Supes being the first supposed meta human. So long as they keep Wally and Alan, I'll be ok.

I'm still mourning Wally... :(

What they should do is have Captain Marvel be the first metahuman but Superman is more popular and the only one that anybody remembers. That would be some metacommentary a bit above DC's normal level.

Not counting mythology, was there an actual 'superhero' that predates Superman? I can't think of one. Possibly Doctor Occult, but it's a stretch.

In the DC Universe or just in genera? Cause there were a fuckton but Captain Marvel for sure as well as the JSA.