Hondo's Bar

Party Playlist

Jables

Share your essential games for social events. If nothing else this'll serve as foreshadowing for HondosCon2 as a slightly more organised mess.

My personal preference leans toward pass and play stuff depending on numbers, but there's plenty of room for shit-talking, applying drinking bets & penalties, so provided you're not entertaining more than say 4-5, you won't lose too much momentum.

NZA knows my house staple is Soul Calibur, 8 player team fight with completely random selection.

There's also Ultimate Carnage Party Mix(pass and Play)

Red Faction: Guerilla Wrecking Crew(pass and Play)

Call of Duty Black Ops- Zombies(splitscreen)

Rock Band's a fairly obvious one too, but what about you guys?

oh, that logans

now that the wii and rock band fads have died down, it's tricky. i just realized 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand lacks local multiplayer (boo!), and my EDF 2017 disc is deeply scratched :sad: . honestly, i might try a few wii games next time - NBA jam, 007 remake, etc. the PC out there is like an emulation box too, nothing gets kids going like the 16-bit era stuff, and it's less obtrusive for the mandatory chick-i-didnt-invite-lookin-bored-texting-inna-corner too.

In terms of old stuff, if it's just Sexy Hat & I we tend to break into Sonic 2, turnsies on Spinball or Gunstar Heroes. Local Halo's not completely awful either. It's bland & generic enough to really settle in as a kind of secondary function to talk shit, drink and maybe have some music on. A Couple of years ago I hosted a New years party and set up 2 50in TVs back-to-back, with 2 xboxes and just gamed the night away. In hindsight something like that would have been ideal for when you guys were over(from memory there were at least 5 gaming devices rinning in my room at any given time).

oh, you're gonna love the HD version, i bet. i dont fuck with the Halos mostly cause my crowd is mixed with FPS skills, and spiffytee does it way better - a massive projector in one dark room, a living room with plasma in the other, 4 on 4 Reach.

Neh see, I like the one room shittalking the hell out of eachother, and we have one of those massive U shaped couches which is perfect for it. The reason I pick Halo over others is that it's a decent enough equaliser in terms of skillset. I've played with gamers of varying pedigrees and even the chumps get their day in the sun. Even if something like Battlefield had splitscreen like that, I dunno that it'd go down as well.

When you mentioned the Wii- do you bring out Smash Bros much? I bought it last year sometime and I haven't even opened it up since the Wii's sat untouched since the flood.

barely, which is weird/kind've a shame since Melee was like the go-to game for years, male and female alike. i'm gonna try it once more but even with sonic & snake, it oddly doesn't hold the room like the last one did.

Timesplitters 3, rock band, smash bros. Getting a nice long carnage run on GTA can be fun with a bunch of folks egging you on and doing some controller swapping. Not much of a "partyer", but those would be the games I would play with a bunch of people. Its a shame that games like Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted don't have split screen.

Though my other party games are usually board games :P

Absolutely LOVE board games they are so much FUN...

Wii Sports Resort, Wii Mario Kart, MORTAL KOMBAT X-Box-LOVE, Zumba Dance-great workout haha!

^ this girl knows how to party!

Fighters are always a winner, I recall back in the day Ultimate MK3 or Killer Instinct had a 16 player tournament ladder that, as a house of young men we'd just about settle all disputes and house rules as per the results of said tournament. brb

Archived