Hondo's Bar

Fitocracy

The NZA

ah, you're forgetting love - we're running 3+ miles! so pacing is important. i only haul on the first stretch if im trying to beat that 6 minute mark; overall, it's closer to a more comfortable 9-10 minute mile most times. my best average so far is @ 8 minutes/mile, and that's pushing it.

also, to give fair warning: we're running mostly on cement, and uneven land (the bridge offers a slightly steep incline/decline), so Space advised that his prep on the treadmill didn't help as much as it should've...don't overthink it though, you just basically do it at your own pace and try to beat your time next time!

Fa sho. I will do my best!

Got new running shoes today! I LOVE THEM!!

Your Flex Running Shoes by Reebok

http://shop.reebok.com/US/product?modelId=EF417&articleId=J87807

I was having heel pain post run in my old shoes, which were Asics. These I got on sale at Finish Line. Just wearing them at work today my heel already hurts less! I can't wait to try them out!

how much of a discount are we talkin?

Also Nick, they have a free class every Saturday at 10 am and on Mondays at 8 pm. Just so you can see if you really want to sign up. I am going to do the free one on Saturday and most likely sign up that day too, since I finally got my tax return. Then they make you take 3 classes of basics where they show you how to basically do everything so you don't hurt yourself. They guys that run this particular box are really nice guys. I'll see you Friday for our run, lemme know if you wanna come down for the class. South Dade Crossfit is actually not far from the Turnpike. It's in the warehouses near Home Depot and BJ's off of Marlin Rd.

• 1 month later...

none of my achievements so far are really impossible, so get em knocked out! that 6 minute mile isn't getting closer, and i'm not dong the marathon ones for a while either. the carrying 50 lbs for 5 miles...maybe when it's cooler out.

yeah, space & I were saying it looks like they're out of beta, still needs work though.

That's how we got Yahve off his ass! I kept giving him shit until he started tracking again! Space and NZA are consistent, as am I. Sen has a bum foot and Aarty is pretty good about tracking. Pretty sure Lipala has a lot going on, so Fitocracy is probably not at the top of her important things to do list. ;)

It's fun though, with the giving props, and the achievements and such. Plus, I mean, if we're honest about it, we're all getting fit too!

Edited by Master Star

• 3 weeks later...

NZA...I was looking at the weight lifting achievements and DAMN! It is going to take me forever to be able to put that much weight up over my head. :(

Yeah, some of those achievements are reserved when you become a Olympic level weight lifter.

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY

• 2 weeks later...

I can Clean 50% of my weight at this point, which I am excited for. Gonna attempt my heaviest deadlift today, a little nervous. We did a strength WOD yesterday and it makes me so nervous when our coaches are right in front of us while we are lifting. I get all caught up and then start over-thinking and I get so damn frustrated. It's a very humbling experience. I mean I am getting better and doing my best everytime, guess I am being hard on myself, because I just want to be better at it already!

I want to be able to hit an Rx Powerclean/Clean which is 95lbs for women before June. The Rx deadlift for women is 135lbs and today I plan to go at 105. We shall see!

NZA, when could I sneak into your gym with you to do some lifting you think? Are you sneaky enough to pull that off? Space, where do you lift, with Nick?

yeah, it sucks. insurance is giving them shit or something now, bishopcruz slid through for an entire year in the past.

i can barely move my shoulders right now cause of yesterday's crossfit, fucking hell. when i come back, my plan is to pick up cardio again and after a few weeks, jump into parkour for 30 days. beyond that, i'll probably go back to some weights but i'm really gonna be backing off them as they're not as in tune with the build i have in mind - was reading one of those men's fitness mags waiting in line and an old trainer broke down muhammad ali's regiment, and it's insane but he didn't touch a single weight all day in the gym. i'm gonna mix it up a bit because doing these circuit training routines did me good (and got mad points!) but my body clearly got used to them - i could definitely stand to deadlift more (that ill work on) but i don't know how much heavier than 250 i can/want to comfortably squat, and benching a couple times a week without a spotter feels more like a maintenance routine than anything.

TL;DR ima be on some weird mike rio experimental routines and try pushing trucks and shit, haha

Gondola group? I'm not a part of that one. I am only in the Hondo's group. Aarty was tracking (but she's in school now). Sen was tracking (but she injured her foot). Lipala was tracking (but her life is kind of hectic right now). Nick, Space, Yahve, and me, oh yeah and our newest person, are pretty consistent with tracking. Nick is off for a month, so now Space and I have a chance to catch up to his ass!

However, Fitocracy pissed me off last night. This was the workout:

“THE DIRTY 400″

50 KB SDHP Rx: 35lb kettlebell

50 Pull Ups jumping pull ups

50 Push Ups

50 Box Jumps. Rx: 20" not jumping but step ups (bad knee)

50 Power Snatches. Rx 45 lbs

50 BFSU with a 15lb plate

100 Singles jumping rope

50 Air Squats

100 Meter Sprint

2 Tire Flips

For time!!!! I finished in 25:13 What is this bullshit of Fitocracy saying that doing 50 reps is "out of range"? So when I tracked I had to make it look like I did two rounds, one of 30 reps and one of 20. When it was actually 50 non-stop. Annoyed. Still it was a bad ass workout! :)

Yea, I've been with Crossfit since the beginning of March. Before that I was just kind of doing my own thing.

Many of the activities we do I have to classify under general "bootcamp" which is crap. At times I just leave certain parts of my work out off my tracking because it is too much of a pain in the ass.

I see how that can b a friken bother to track.. There was a pt where I was doing 4 diff muscle groups a day n I said Fujitsu ever since.

I can't wait to try crosscut tho. I'm mad curious how it'll taste.

I'm looking into the "star diet" aswespeak"

dude I wrote my last msg with an ipad... hence all the friggin typos my god....crosscut? what the hell is that??? Anyway, yea looks like you and nick are tearin it up.. But if i keep with consistency i should blow you guys outta da water son! But it being past a week is where I struggle. So looks like I need to change up perhaps? I think I did my favorite muscle groups too soon...