Hondo's Bar

PS4 & Nextbox rumors (Pre E3 reveal)

The NZA

That's a dedicated ass hoax. 56 pages with a power point presentation?

Not saying it isn't, just saying "damn".

People make crazy shit all the time

But usually lawyers aren't scrambled to have it removed from the internet within a few hours. Usually.

its looking like i was wrong - a game journalist actually did his job, and swears the letterhead, format etc are proper so it might very well be legit, time to read the rest of that thing i guess. damn, if its true, someone's losing their job.

I'm always a little amazed (but logically shouldn't be) at the details these guys know about the secret moving and shaking going on in other game companies.

The document is from 2010. They nailed the WiiU's launch date and speculated that it would use an ipad like interface, and they had their own ipad/smart phone connectivity rollout planned for 6 months prior to it over 2 years ago.

Fucking business analysts...how do they work?

rhetorical question

• 2 months later...

Rumor: ps4 will be 4000p compatible... Hence Sony manufacturing 80inchers.

Read an article on it but didn't save it.. Ah well... That high a res device doesn't cost much but an 80in tv cost about $30k... Yea.. Lexus or tv... Hmmmm...

But I'm sure they'll condense the same amount o ppi in a manageable size of course. (a la retina display..)

But eventually my eyes will be permanently dilated and I will cry tears of joy from simply watching Tom n Jerry in 2015

• 4 months later...

PS4 stuff

According to 90 PDF documents reportedly secured by the site, the latest PlayStation 4 development kits issued for January 2013 include four dual-core AMD64 "Bulldozer" processors amounting to a total of eight CPU cores, an AMD R10xx GPU, four USB 3.0 ports, two Ethernet connections, a Blu-ray drive, a 160GB HDD, as well as HDMI and optical audio outputs. The information falls in line with recent rumors and prior development kit leaks. The site cautions that due to the fact that the specs are based on development hardware, the consumer-grade version of the system could differ.

Finally, Sony could allow multiple users to be logged into the system at any given time. According to a diagram used in the documents, each user will have localized saves and be able to log-in and associate their Sony Entertainment Network account to each additional controller. The benefit, Kotaku says, is if four people are playing local co-op, each can earn trophies as they progress.

The Xbox stuff up there is a hoax, so I'm not exactly holding my breath for solid confirmation on this Sony info either.

Edited by axel_napalm

Why is the second chunk of quote a big deal? A lot of local multiplayer 360 games force each controller to sign in. Can PS3 seriously not have more than one profile signed in, or am I reading that wrong? I only have one PS3 controller, so I never tried. Why has no one ever mentioned this before?