Hondo's Bar

PS4 & Nextbox rumors (Pre E3 reveal)

The NZA

yeah...mandatory installs + always online (how the fuck is that gonna work if MS claims something like 30-40% of 360s arent online?) doesnt necessarily equate installation codes/etc, but you can see where it lends itself to that very, very easily.

i'll wait for the (hopefully) april reveal, though the PS4 one reminded me that many details likely still won't be known till e3. holding my breath here.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, that seems to confirm it, doesnt it? one theory was that these info leaks might be testing the waters/getting the bad news out the gate first (like sony did with BC) but that's not how a creative director should be sellin' it.

if the rumors of a 3 minute warning, then disconnection from your single player games are true...maaaaaaan. i can't even think about the used game rumor right now.

ps annnnnnnd we're off

We don't even know if this is a thing yet.

IF it is (and it's a big fucking "if", the higher up passionately defending the idea on Twitter sounds like someone who is either A) incredibly naive or B) fucking with people. I doubt he got his job easily, so I lean towards B ), then it's pretty much a deal breaker for me.

I kinda need one of them to turn me off though. I'm only getting one at launch.

man, i can totally see an argument for whether or not used games'll work without a code of some sort; i think the system's in place with the way things are looking but it's certainly not a given for me yet.

but there's one too many sources - internal and not - on the connection thing. Bish was just talking about the extent of it - is it an ID check, maybe with a steam-like offline mode? is the one story of a game kicking you off after 3 minutes offline true? etc but i do take it that one of these is a given at this point...it's just the latter i'd see as a dealbreaker.

At this point I'm also going into the reveal next month expecting little to no BC, which fucking sucks since my remaining 360 library is not large, but i am quite fond of it.

it totally is, and i don't know if MS was ever good at keeping a lid on things...but do you guys think there's any truth to the idea that maybe some of these are control leaks, to get some of the bad news out there before the big reveal? i mean, sony had the lack of BC known before theirs, and that prolly helped.