Hondo's Bar

The Wolverine

Here's another 20 seconds.....

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More:

<a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a>, <a href="http://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></p></div></div>

Also, it seems like from that teaser that the plot again somehow revolves around Logan's adamantium--again. I was hoping for maybe a more noir-ish tale w/ some badass Wolvie shredding up Yakuza and maybe fighting a mutant samurai all in silver. I dunno...maybe I let that b&w teaser poster charge me up too much for this film and I need to start dialing back the expectations. :???:

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

I'm posting a video of the trailer that includes a review at the end, because I thought she made some interesting points that made it worth posting.

The trailer was better than what I thought were were going to get based on the 6-second and 15-second teaser-teasers we got, but I still feel like this film is from an era of comic book movies that predates Iron Man and The Dark Knight, before the standard was raised. Then again, I got the same vibe from the X-Men: First Class trailers, and that was a very pleasant surprise.

Edited by Reverend Jax

I'm posting a video of the trailer that includes a review at the end, because I thought she made some interesting points that made it worth posting.

Good call w/ posting that version of the trailer as the best part about it was her analysis--and the apparent make-over she's had since I last saw one of her video reports/reviews.

Yeah, I'm not sure what comic books Jackman was reading when he was doing all the press for the film during production, but I don't recall Wolvie ever losing his healing factor let alone in the Japan issues. Again, I was hoping for a more cool, samurai, noir vibe and as the reviewer said, it comes off as more of a B-movie in the trailer.

Nick or someone needs to post some torrent links for some good Logan in Japan stories so I can go cleanse my mind of this disappointment of a trailer. That first Wolverine mini-series, right? He also had some good arcs in v1 of his ongoing title, no? I think I'm also getting Madripor (sp?) and Patch Wolverine tales from the comics mixed up w/ Logan in Japan stories. Maybe that's why I was expecting more of a noirish, Casablanca vibe for the film.

I believe it was Madripor where Wolverine went by Patch (b/c he cleverly wore an eye-patch) and was either hiding out undercover or had amnesia (natch). I just remember my first issue of Wolverine I ever read was one of those issues that a friend lent me. Patch was in a plane in Madripor, not sure if he killed the guy w/out popping claws or not. Anyway, that issue is what got me to add Wolverine to my monthly pull list. I read his solo book for the longest time before ever picking up an X-Man comic.

Yeah, the Claremont/Miller book is all I've read of Wolvie in Japan, loved it though. Like the rest of ye I'm a little less excited after the trailer but I'm still optimistic I'll enjoy it.

P.s. Does it annoy anyone else that the Claremont/Miller book is often only referred to as "Miller's"? Claremont deserves more recognition and respect than that.

Edited by alive she cried

and traitorous women.

wolvy was patch at the beginning of vol 1 of his solo book too, and has lost his healing factor on several occasions (I can think of 2 in recent years, both dumb). he's been to japan tons of times, but if its still based around this book (last i heard it was?) then you can check that out...not BKV's best, and not my choice for a movie at all, but it's not bad.

i wanna say his powers gave out for a bit after something big went down there, but i forget...story wasn't super memorable for me.