Hondo's Bar

The Wolverine

I had enough of posting in that thread for the fucking abortion of a film. New thread, for new hope.

Looking at that thread though, no one seems to have posted about the new director, well for those that still don't know it's James Mangold director of 2007's 3:10 to Yuma, which is a-o-fucking-k with me.

okay and now some plot details

EXCLUSIVE: Opening Scene Details For THE WOLVERINE; Plus 2 New Set Photos

64758.png New details about the opening scene of Hugh Jackman's The Wolverine hints at another villain being in the film. The movie will not only borrow elements from Frank Miller's "Japan Saga," but also from Brian K Vaughan's three-part series, Wolverine: Logan.

My source has provided ComicBookMovie with the two new set photos and details about an explosive opening scene.

My source has explained that this model is of a Japanese prisoner of war camp during World War II. This is all part of the opening scene that will feature an atomic bomb exploding!

We saw a blurrier version of this model a few days ago (Link) alongside some concept that art that also appears to show a massive explosion from an atomic bomb.

This would indicate that The Wolverine will not only incorporate the Silver Samurai, but also another mutant villain, Lt. Ethan Warren. The character was featured in Brian K Vaughan's mini-series, Wolverine: Logan.

powwarrenwolvie99.jpg

Read more at http://www.comicbook...jKbfqDPJ6eUc.99

More stuff.

As the returning star Huge Jackman tweeted hours ago, filming for his anticipated reprisal in the X-Men: Origins sequel, The Wolverine, has begun in Kurnell of New South Wales, Australia. And local 7News station has featured a birds-eye view of action underway in their coverage of principal photography's commencement.

<object id="sbPlayer" width="687" height="392" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/mediaplayer/springboard/youtube/cbm002/ydQxfHcnZto/"></param><param'>http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/mediaplayer/springboard/youtube/cbm002/ydQxfHcnZto/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/mediaplayer/springboard/youtube/cbm002/ydQxfHcnZto/" width="687" height="392" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

951600wolverine.jpg

08_Jackman_085_normal.jpg

@
RealHughJackman

we're on day 1 of shooting…..wolverine is back…feel so pumped about this one……never felt so ready!!!! will keep y'all posted!!!

08_Jackman_085_normal.jpg

@
RealHughJackman

and you know what that means.... the wolverine diet!! this was meal 2 at 9am this morning.
pic.twitter.com/X00H6tsc

AzCMfqgCEAA0grn.jpg

Read more at http://www.comicbook...hpsBskSvXlYQ.99

High hopes for this one! I'm glad that they are keeping Jackman around. As bad as X3/Origins were, it wasn't him. They were just shitty movies. I personally would like to see Liev Schreiber back too. I know I've defended him several times as Sabretooth, though I'm not very familiar with the stories they are drawing from so I dunno if he has a place here.

He doesn't, but his Sabretooth was probably cooler than he was in the books. Origins was a shit movie, but it wasn't because of tgose guys.

Is that BKV Wolvie book any good? I guess I missed the boat on that one.

Dammit Panch and your same-time-typing. Making my posts all irrelevant and shit.

by the abysmally low bar of wolvy minis, it's not bad. its not memorable either though, and seeing its flat villain here is...weird.

which isnt to say characters like Silver Samurai have a rich history dying to be explored in cinema either, but this guy...if it wasnt BKV nobody've remebered him, i think. still, hope!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Damnit, the Silver Samurai and bone claw pics are in danger of getting my hopes up this movie will actually be good. I gotta check myself...hope for Avengers level awesome but expect GR: SOV level lame.

Your hopes are still high, Ghost Rider still had a couple good action sequences and a couple good performances.

I gotta check myself...hope for Avengers level awesome but expect GR: SOV level lame.

Mangold fires some shots

http://www.comicbook...s/news/?a=69283

"It's rooted in drama. Effectively almost every superhero film, in a sense, revolves around some large group of humanity that's either killed or held hostage while superheroes battle it out with supervilains. The essential driving forces of this movie are interpersonal and dramatic, about love, bitterness, loss, vengeance, redemption, depression, suicide, conquering inner demons - it's going to make it a very different film than people have seen.

The cultural qualities that Japan and its people bring - honour, a sense of duty, of conflict - really fit beautifully around Logan. Our film find Logan at a point where he's very much a ronin - a samurai without a master. Anyone he ever had a connection to is either dead or gone.

When I say realistic, what I mean is that it's not built on 70-foot lizards from outer space. Our goal is to try to be a little less super-CG and wires, and a little more hardcore. I want the film to feel analogue. You always have large-scale action and adventure - it wouldn't be a movie about gods if you didn't have epic physicality. But we all feel we're making a Japanese noir picture with tentpole action in it."

wait where'd you guys see silver samurai?

wolverine-silver-samurai3_zps8764e67a.jpg

Also high(er) rez version

wolverine1.jpg

Edited by alive she cried