Hondo's Bar

The Wolverine

I wanna say the Patch/Madripoor stuff was from Marvel Comics Presents? The only Japan stuff I've read is the Claremont/Miller mini. I'm sure there's much more though.

Yes, MCP! I used to collect those back in the day, too. Can't believe I forgot about that book. It used to be one of my faves. I think that's how I was first introduced to the Watcher, too.

I wonder if Jackman holds some sort of record for playing the same character the longest w/out a reboot? Jackman has been Wolverine since 2000, 13 damn years.I think the closest someone comes to that is Roger Moore, who went 6 films and 12 years as James Bond.

If they do reboot Wolverine, I say they cast Tyrion Dinklage (if Singer hasn't done so already) and go more for the small stature Logan of the comics.

Only half kidding there...

Roger Moore played Bond in 7 films from 1973 to 1985. If you include

his cameo in First Class,

This will be Jackman's 6th appearance as Wolverine from 2000 to 2013. William Shatner played Kirk in 7 consecutive Trek films (not to mention in the TV series). Every major character in the Harry Potter films from 2001 to 2011 in 8 films was played by the the same actor, with the exception of Dumbledore due to Richard Harris' death.

Not sure what cameo you're talking about there w/ Roger Moore in the spoilers, Jax. But shame on me for not thinking of Shatner and Nimoy. Although technically Nimoy's last film as Spock is the film in which the character was re-booted, so I'm not sure how you'd categorize Nimoy there. Also, Spock did technically die and was rebooted/reborn in the original Trek film franchise. Yeah, Shatner has the cleaner record. I'd guess he likely holds the record for longest film career as the same character, Kirk from 1979-1994. Potter cast had more films, but they didn't go as long in years.

Jackman would have to hold the current record for the performer to hold the same superhero character for the most consecutive years though.

There's a full stop between "1985" and "If", the spoiler is in reference to Jackman. And this man teaches punctuation to America's youth? :2T:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. And if you were in my class, I'd remind you to not write a run-on sentence--especially when attempting to be a grammar Nazi. You could correct the run-on error easily by removing the comma and putting in a semicolon in the proper location:

There's a full stop between "1985" and "If;" the spoiler is in reference to Jackman.

Or you could use a period and capitalization:

There's a full stop between "1985" and "If." The spoiler is in reference to Jackman.

A capitalization error was what kind of threw me off in the first place:

Roger Moore played Bond in 7 films from 1973 to 1985. If you include

his cameo in First Class,

This will be Jackman's 6th appearance as Wolverine from 2000 to 2013...

I did think Jax was mentioning Jackman in that spoiler, but you can never be too sure with Jax. Maybe he thought he saw Roger Moore in the pub scene in First Class and pegged it as a legitimate Bond cameo. The sentence construct as a whole was needlessly confusing. He could have just put the whole First Class mention in a spoiler.

• 1 month later...