Hondo's Bar

Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

gotta give that last ep a hand! :sof::Shalit: 

yeah, she really is a secret warrior now...geez

so the us military is about to setup a sinister six for coulson's team that possibly causes daisy to....overload & crack the earth?  i don't know that her skill set is anywhere near that level 

also, any bets on what's causing coulson's clone degeneration or whatever? maybe that bermuda treatment is finally catching up to him?

also i hurrrd one of those monoliths goes to the MCU 

@The NZA  would you give this latest episode...two thumbs up?

I straight up had like three people mock me talking like SHIELD was part of the MCU in that the show takes place in the same universe still. They acted like I was eating crayons for thinking the show still dwells in the same universe as MCU. I can't be the only one who still thinks these films and TV shows are all connected, right? :unsure:

there's nothing official, but...i mean, the MCU clearly leads them.  the show literally found its footing when Winter Soldier dropped. 

you could say netflix isn't connected either, but they reference Avengers & such all the time.  i kinda wish Coulson would've had his Iron Fist cameo he'd wanted. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

S5E14

Big payoff to this whole "fear dimension rift" plot point this episode. Kudos to the writers for turning what initially came across as a filler, cliched plot point to some really serious character moments.  And that tag scene at the end--so much confusion and questioning going on.

Hail Hydra!?!?! So I wonder if the fact this General Hale is in the US Airforce is now going to connect with the Capt. Marvel film? Likely only peripherally since Feige and the MCU peeps don't mix heavily with the TV peeps. Too bad because there's so much potential they're missing in the MCU by not having these characters interact more closely. :/

caught up - how many eps left in this season?  can't help but wonder what direction they're looking to push it in for the next, if the timeline changes but not for the better 

On 3/26/2018 at 6:52 PM, Da Cap'n 2099 said:

Hide contents

You might be closer than you think since Coulson has been confirmed for Captain Marvel.

wasn't this true for Iron Fist too though?  

On 3/27/2018 at 5:56 PM, The NZA said:

caught up - how many eps left in this season?  can't help but wonder what direction they're looking to push it in for the next, if the timeline changes but not for the better...

What I thought what would be a simple search on google to answer your questions led me down a disturbing rabbit hole...

All seasons of AoS have been 22 episodes, so it is a safe assumption S5 will go to 22, too. However, AoS has NOT yet been renewed for a S6! Apparently the showrunners don't know if S5 will be the last for the series or not, but they said they're "prepared" if the S5 finale is indeed the series finale. :misty: So if ABC/Disney is canceling the series we might get a truncated, S5. But my guess/hope is well get a full 22 episodes for S5. 

Also, I didn't realize/remember that S5E12 was the 100th episode for the series. That explains the "big event" at the end and Coulson's encounter with a lot of past characters via the fear dimension shenanigans. Somehow having that knowledge makes me like the episode better now, so thought I'd share.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

...can't believe this show went from the one i'd watch in the background of doing other things in case deathlok showed up again to WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE MIGHT ONLY GET 5 SEASONS, THEY HAVENT BEEN TO THE SAVAGE LAND OR MADRIPOOR OR MOLEMAN'S CAVE OR

1 hour ago, The NZA said:

...can't believe this show went from the one i'd watch in the background of doing other things in case deathlok showed up again to WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE MIGHT ONLY GET 5 SEASONS, THEY HAVENT BEEN TO THE SAVAGE LAND OR MADRIPOOR OR MOLEMAN'S CAVE OR

Right!?! It's really one of the few shoes I still watch week-to-week that's consistently good. Nevermind it being a good genre show, it's just a good show. Fuck. You mentioning the Savage Land has got me all like--six seasons and a movie! Also, now with X-MEN back in the sweet clutches of Disney/Marvel, a Madripoor storyline could work out well.

S5E15

Oh damn. Shit's getting real now, y'all!

WTF is Jema on about in that last scene? Invincible? No way to change the future? :( I've got a bad feeling about this.

Also, I love how much Fitz hates Deke. His last line of the episode had to be the biggest laugh I've gotten from this show in a while.

• 2 weeks later...