Hondo's Bar

Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Exactly, Panch! I hope they really bring in Johnny Blaze to the show this season. Nicolas Cage will do 12 shitty movies a year, why not a good TV show? I could see how the Darkhold being unearthed would draw Blaze to that area. Maybe they could work that in to Reyes' TV origin. They've already, thankfully, deviated from his comic origin. Maybe they'll combine Danny Ketch and Reyes' origins from the comics into the TV show?

Either way, I hope we get some explanation to Blaze's imbuing Reyes with hellfire. Or was it a complete "passing on" of Zarathos? I know Ketch was "possesed" by Zarathos but I don't think that's how Blaze got his hellfire. I also really wish we could see Mephisto, too.

Seeing the Dr. Strange film brought back all my nostalgia for the mystical aspect of the MU. I'm stoked to see more of it emerge in the MCU through SHIELD and soon (but not soon enough) in Iron Fist.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

No, no, no! No Nick Cage! Having him cameo will make his films MCU cannon and no.

Ha! Valid point. Those two films were pretty awful. Even the GR apologist fanboy in me had a difficult time excusing those films. But it'd still be awesome to see Cage crazy it up all over AoS. GR & GR vs Hydra! Make it happen, ABC!/

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When the fuck did this show get good? Don't get me wrong, I felt like the GR arc was a step in the right direction but they are killing it with the current LMD arc, which initially I did not give two shits about. It's the first time in a VERY long time for SHIELD that I was angry that I had to wait a week to watch an episode.

They need to keep this kind of momentum going, and I feel like the mini story arc just work SO much better for the show instead of huge Whedonesque worlds. Just keep the stories tight like this (also giving them more room to work with upcoming movies like we were promised back when) and I am...really back on board for this show.

watching "Identity & Change" now, looks like i'll be caught up with bindy when hulu gets it up. agreed on the mini-arcs of the season being cool so far, i still gotta go back on the Ghost Rider one but man i love this What If type stuff

When the fuck did this show get good?...

C'mon, man. They've been putting out anywhere from decent to great episodes since the back half of season one. This is the only non-Netflix "superhero show" I still watch on the regular. I just wish ABC would get their shit together with scheduling airdates. Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Maybe I'll pick back up on Flash and Gotham this summer. Maybe.

• 2 weeks later...