Hondo's Bar

Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

"The Frenemy of My Enemy"

Deathlok in the hands of Hydra...again? Interesting.

And ward? Ugh. Why can't someone just shoot Ward in the face?

And Skye's dad jumping in Gordon's portal last minute was pretty baller. Next episode at Camp Inhumans should be pretty good.

I am wondering if Age of Ultron is going to get play any part in these factions of SHIELD reuniting? The fact their doing a Mockingbird/Hunter spinoff hints that the reunification is inevitable, or that Bobbi at least goes back to Team Coulson.

Best episode of the season.

"I thought her gift was spinning really fast to collect gold rings." sonic.gif

Casually murderous Simmons.

Mistakes were made! (by you)

And people got hurt! (by you)

Force Push!

The cinematography in that action scene!!

Loki's Scepter

Gonzales face when he found out Fury was alive was priceless!

tumblr_nnjrpiwlNE1s9h0fco1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

I really liked the episode but thought it'd be more directly tied to Avengers 2 based on the promos. Maybe more so this next episode.

Also, too right Newt. The Bus will be missed. And Skye's Sonic reference to Reina was brilliant. Ditto for comparing Ward to Candyman.

Which part?

Gonzales turning into the blue thing

Mama Skye starting a war

Cal drinking three vials of the Hyde formula

Ward

Number one was pretty much what happened to Tripp in the terrigen chamber in Puerto Rico, no? Numbers 2 & 3 were the big shockers. We all knew #4 was coming though. smh

'Mockingbird' Focused AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Spinoff No Longer Moving Ahead At ABC

120274.jpg

Those of you hoping that Mockingbird and Lance Hunter will stick around on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are going to be very happy tonight, as that planned spinoff starring the two has apparently been scrapped by the network. Hit the jump for details on that and ABC's other Marvel plans...

Follow Josh:

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png googleBTNS.png

By Josh Wilding - 5/7/2015

82zg4Px.jpg

The news that ABC were plotting an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff focusing on Mockingbird (Adrianne Palicki) and Lance Hunter (Nick Blood) was met with a mixed response from fans, especially as many fans were worried that it would mean both characters leaving that series.

Well, that's no longer an issue as Deadline reports that ABC and Marvel have decided to put the breaks on their plans for the sow which was being developed by Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. executive producer Jeffrey Bell and co-executive producer Paul Zbyszewski. Details were scarce, but we did know that it would focus on the two characters mentioned above. Chances are it's been scrapped.

The site also mentions that the network are still working on a possible series with John Ridley, but he may be too busy with a second season of American Crime to prioritise that. Disappointed?

Source: Deadline

Season finale reactions

So that was pretty brilliant. I'm fairly sure it's because of the show's extremely poor start, but I'm still surprised when they make great decisions and take non obvious routes with the story and characters. Look at Ward for example, I was convinced he would be brought back into the fold this season, but to see him torture Mockingbird, killing (who he thought was) May in cold blood and taking over as the new head of HYDRA, so good.

We saw a lot of big character deaths this episode, Raina's redemption was great but I really did not expect to see her go, Jiaying's turn last episode was out of the fucking blue, but was explained well I thought. It fit perfectly for Cal to kill her for to spare Skye doing it, Gordon was another I did not see going this quickly as was Kara. I love that so many important characters are being allowed to die, AOS is probably one of the few places in the MCU where death has meaning.

Then we have the fish oil mutant Inhuman creating tablets, but wouldn't every non Inhuman who consumes these die? Finally the series are setting up changes in the whole MCU, this was needed and so exciting for future seasons.

These tablets should provide a few more agents to sign up with Skye's Secret powered team, though I wonder if Deathlok will be the first to join her.

And finally what the fuck just happened to Simmons?

Last year's me never would've thought I'd say this but, I cannot wait until next season.

Edited by alive she cried

Well put, Abed Newt.

Also, in reference to a post I made in the Avengers thread, this is what I'm talkin' 'bout when it comes to poster art!

shieldfianle2.jpg

Well, I mean, it ain't perfect but it's still better than the AoU poster.

Season finale reactions

I love that so many important characters are being allowed to die, AOS is probably one of the few places in the MCU where death has meaning...

Two words can flip the script on that statement: Couslon & Quicksilver.

Season finale reactions

And finally what the fuck just happened to Simmons?

Fucking Fitz being a butterfingers is what happened. Also, whoever designed the lock on that thing did some shoddy ass work.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
fucking Fitz

agreed on a lot of what e$ said

jesus that lock was made at walmart or something, yiikes

the turnaround for this show has indeed been great - hope mockingbird doesn't stay retired long, and i'm curious to see what comes of Ward...did Strucker die in avengers 2? i forget

also dying to see what kinda terminator hand coulson gets...but yeah, this was really great

agreed on a lot of what e$ said

jesus that lock was made at walmart or something, yiikes

the turnaround for this show has indeed been great - hope mockingbird doesn't stay retired long, and i'm curious to see what comes of Ward...did Strucker die in avengers 2? i forget

also dying to see what kinda terminator hand coulson gets...but yeah, this was really great

Strucker was killed by ultron.

Fritz did unlock it when he was leaning on the door while trying to ask Simmons out.

She's actually leave scratch marks behind?

tumblr_noalrmXjX21tya4t9o2_540.gif

tumblr_noalrmXjX21tya4t9o1_540.gif

• 2 months later...

AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.: Chloe Bennet Teases Evolving Character Dynamics, 'Daisy Johnson' & More

123717.jpg

With the return of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. right around the corner, Marvel TV star Chloe Bennet has teased a few of the things coming our way next season - including adopting the 'Daisy Johnson' identity, evolving character dynamics and the Inhumans' new role...

Follow Minty:

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png

By Minty - 8/7/2015

vdjdcIB.jpg

We're not far away from the regular TV season's return, and the cast of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. have been hard at work prepping for Season 3. "I've been shooting all day and it's been crazy," Chloe Bennet told IGN, "[Episode] 302 is definitely one of the biggest episodes we’ve ever done." They'll be hard pressed to top that action-packed finale from Season 2, but Bennet has promised "a lot of action" and "a lot of CGI", in addition to adjusted character dynamics for next year.

"I'm working Mack a lot more," she revealed, "We're partners this year so you’ll see a time jump and how we’re really comfortable around each other. It's like Mulder and Scully." She also hinted that Skye's (well... 'Daisy's) relationship with her former mentor Coulson has evolved too. "They're definitely more on a co-worker level this year. It’s more of a collaborative effort and he’s really trusted the effort he’s put into raising his protégé."

We recently got our first look at the actress sporting a shorter haircut - a nod to her character's comic book origins as 'Daisy Johnson/Quake'. Bennet claims she and the writers have fully embraced Skye's new identity. "She's Daisy Johnson now!" she proclaimed, "Yeah, she’s grown up this year which is hard for me to play because I’m four years old. You’ll see a much more mature version of Daisy... She’s kind of no nonsense now and shorter hair makes more sense for that."

Ob9A8Uf.jpg

One element of the show that Bennet was a little more tight-lipped about was the dynamic between SHIELD and the Inhumans going forward into Season 3. As a member of both parties, Skye/Daisy will undoubtedly play a big role in uniting, possibily via 'The Secret Warriors'. "She’s as loyal to the Inhumans as she is to SHIELD," Bennet promised, "But she’s really about making them work together. It’s about making it a collaborative effort."

In addition to the details above, Bennet teased a "struggle" between her character and Luke Mitchell's 'Lincoln' over their opposing ideas about the Inhumans' role in society - as well as an"obvious attraction" between the pair. She was also unable to confirm whether the incoming 'Lash' would be a villain - only promising that the energy-wielding Inhuman looks incredibly "awesome".