Hondo's Bar

Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

• 2 weeks later...

So, 13 Episodes? Yeah, I can dig it! Especially if it gives me MCU tie-ins, and a possible Captain Marvel/90s flashback episode.

Also, I hope we get a Phase IV show in 2020 that'll blend these Marvel TV shows and films together in some way. Or fuck it, just a Dr. Strange TV show.

But back to S5, finale predictions:

How they gonna stop Talbotron? Coulson's gotta die, right? I feel like the finale is gonna be Daisy trynna stop it for 35 minutes and the last 8 are the inevitable. I don't think we'll see Thanos ashes at all. I hope we do, but I doubt it. Maybe the very last shot or post-credit. But my gut says this finale is gonna be mostly about killing Talbot and Daisy coming to grips with losing Coulson.

S5 Finale

Ehhhh...it was aaight. I'm so glad this wasn't the series finale though. I hope they're able to do justice to these character in the 13 episodes of S6 and go out with a bang.

It felt a little cheap that turn around into Couslon's "Retirement" party. And to just bring up almost 16 episodes later a little nugget that there's another Fitz floating around in space conveniently never mentioned until now felt really cheap. Three minutes of Fitz death on screen and one brief line destroys it all. The CGI/lighting on Tahiti also felt really obvious and took me outta the moment.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 2 weeks later...

^should that be tagged?

mostly with haku here, i liked the finale (Talbot/Daisy fight was cool) but those knocks on it are legit 

On 4/29/2018 at 10:44 PM, Da Cap'n 2099 said:

Avengers: InfinityWar spoilers:

Hide contents

If no one on the show turns to ash then I'll be upset. Spidey can die, but random agent chick can't?! Bullshit!!

heh

they straight up referenced it as background noise and forgot about it after, which is fine but I'm gonna have to assume the snap went down 5 seconds into the credit roll

• 1 month later...

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 6: Clark Gregg to direct premiere; Jeff Ward upped to series regular

Marvel confirmed via social media Saturday thatGregg — who has fronted the ABC series since its 2013 debut —will return to direct the season 6 opener titled “Missing Pieces,” written by series co-creators Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. He has directed one S.H.I.E.L.D. episode in season 5 (“Fun & Games”), as well as two feature films (Choke and Trust Me) in the past.

EW has exclusively learned that Ward’s character, the scavenging grandson of Fitz (Iain de Caestecker) and Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) from a dystopian future timeline, will feature as a series regular in season 6. During EW’s Comic-Con 2018 video studio interview above with the cast of ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Ward revealed that his character, last seen in the season 5 finale leaving to see the world after encouraging Daisy (Chloe Bennet) to unite the team, will return in the series’ next season.

• 4 weeks later...

Excerpt from an interview with ABC's big boss:

What's the future of Agents of SHIELD? Is the shortened 13-episode run a final season?

We'll see. I feel like last season was our strongest creative season ever and the fan base remains very loyal — and we do very well in delayed viewing. It's my hope that by moving it to summer, where our live-same-day ratings are less important and it might be able to continue for longer.

Hmm, it sounds like ABC is curious in experimenting with the Netflix Marvel model by doing 13 episodes released in the summer. Now if we could only get an AOS & Defenders crossover.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...