Hondo's Bar

Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Daaaaang! Ghost Rider coming outta left field. I was hyped to see that S3 finale explained and elaborated on, but this is next level. This has gotta be a Dr. Strange tie-in, right?

Also, I feel like they could afford Nic Cage as he's sunk so low, but I don't think I'd want him. I know we're not gonna get it, but my inner child so wants to see a live action version of the Danny Ketch bike from the 90s.

*EDIT*

Annnnd I've been fucking denied. Looks like the'yre going with the 2016 Ghost Rider. Meh. At least Baytor will be happy.

Gabriel Luna (“True Detective,” “Matador”) will roar into the lives of Agent Coulson and the team, as Robbie Reyes the unstoppable Ghost Rider, which was revealed today at Comic-Con International in San Diego.
Edited by Mr. Hakujin

2016 GR was awesome, and i hate to be that guy but it fits into the all new all not white dude marvel that's going on. Plus I mean, the movies left a sour taste in peoples mouths. Best they use another GR for right now.

Edited by Bindusara

Everyone has to know that this is a "soft intro" to the character and the mythos, right? We'll get the least popular, car driving Ghost Rider in Agents of SHIELD before being later introduced to Danny Ketch in one of the Netflix shows. With Marvel, finally, announcing a Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider film.

Get hyped!

Do not toy with mah emotions, Panch.

Bindy, you're the only person other than Baytor I know of that loved the new GR. I couldn't get past the first two issues. Eh, I just hope the character looks cool and has a decent story in the show. (And also that he's the Spirit of Vengeance and not an Inhuman.)

• 1 month later...

OK! Since no one else is stepping up to the plate here:

SHIELD is back, it's awesome and the new timeslot shows. (butts, gore etc). Is it enough to save the show from the ratings slump it was in? Only time can tell, but the reviews/ratings of the premiere are amazing so far. We've wanted more MCU action and with the addition of Robbie plus the Strange hints going on, it feels like MCU is finally giving back to SHIELD.

I feel like there was a lot of potential in this episode and it's been a while since I finished watched an EP of shield and went, damn, i wanna see more.

Skull looked awesome! Story was blah tho.

Agreed on the skull. Daisy storyline is meh. However, I like this new shakeup with the "band breaking up." LMD intro'd nicely. Also, are sexy-time Fitz/Simmons over before they really started? And is Talbot the new director of SHIELD, it kinda sounded like that when Simmons and Mae were having their spat? Oh, and get Bobbi back in this ASAP.

I read that whole stupid entry and the one on Cthullu Chthon. I stopped reading Ghost Rider around the time of the Midnight Sons crossover. (Those issues were bagged right? Also there was a price hike around that time, too. No?) I was frustrated at having to pay for more issues to get the whole story and just washed my hands of the book. I'd totally forgotten about the Darkhold Dwarf. I really just remember Lillith and how irked I was that Sara McLachlan was now influencing my comics.

If agents of shield became ^ I would be much happier. That being said, I feel like we can complain about daisy every week but she's here to stay. So i guess we just focus on everything else going on. Marvel is leaning on this supernatural thing more, and I like it.

maxresdefault.jpg

...someday...

• 2 weeks later...