Hondo's Bar

Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

That ending had me rattled as well.

:Shalit:

Terrigen chamber was cool. The "mists" were more like a spray, but that final sequence overall was pretty damned great.

Two black dudes on the same show and both with shaved heads and facial hair? You had to have seen it comin'. And Jemma has a crush on Tripp, so you know he ain't gonna be the one to go. Now Fitz has no friends in the garage...

nvrmnd

...did he call Sky dasiy, as in like Daisy Johnson?

Yup. Baytor called it a while back on the previous page.

Here's an informative interview with producer/writers Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen about the mid-season finale as well as some hints about what's to come in the last half of season 2.

In case you had doubts about whether or not you really saw the room you thought you saw in that last scene...

In the comics, Daisy is not an Inhuman, but you guys hinted pretty heavily that this was an Inhuman story, right down to the mist. Was that all just a red herring or are you putting a twist on the comics?

JED WHEDON: We’ve created a different origin for her, partially because we want to introduce this new other world that we get another glimpse of at the very end of the episode. We merged those two ideas together also because there are such rabid fans out there that if we stick to original story points from the comics, they will smell story points from miles away. Those two factors led us to coming up with a different notion of how she got her powers.

What did you have to do to get clearances for Inhumans, especially since Marvel has the movie coming out?

WHEDON: We can’t really comment on what exactly they want to do or will do. It’s more of the idea that this is a large concept that we get to introduce. It’s the first time that we’re introducing something into the MCU first. So, we’re thrilled about that.

TANCHAROEN: We’re very excited to have the opportunity to start exploring that territory first. As with everything in the Marvel Universe, one affects the other. Everything is always connected. We’ve seen S.H.I.E.L.D., the organization, throughout all the films and now here we are with the series. It’s nice to be the ones to launch that property.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished season 1. What a fucking difference there was between the first and second halves. Although the characters and the show in general slowly grew on me, when we started getting The Winter Soldier tie-ins, this show really came to life. I thought the last five or six episodes were fantastic and exactly what I was looking for when it was first announced. Can't wait to start season 2 now.

• Upvote 1

seriously, we were just telling JZA this...you know when "that episode" happens, cause it's better than all that came before it combined

like i dug Deathlok stuff & the 2nd Thor tie-in but the show felt like it lacked any real purpose until that WS tie-in; now it's on fire. and they're actually using it to introduce stuff like Kree to the MCU which is perfect for me, literally can't wait to see what future movies (Civil War, etc) do to the plot.

you know when "that episode" happens, cause it's better than all that came before it combined

This. 100%.

like i dug Deathlok stuff & the 2nd Thor tie-in but the show felt like it lacked any real purpose until that WS tie-in; now it's on fire. and they're actually using it to introduce stuff like Kree to the MCU which is perfect for me, literally can't wait to see what future movies (Civil War, etc) do to the plot.

Yeah it's no coincidence that once they upped the stakes and started to really tie it in with the movies proper that the show took off. We need more Dethlok's, more villains, more heroes, more characters from the comics and yeah really keep them close to the movies. Almost like having the movies be big episodes of the show (obviously not to downplay the movies but to elevate the show and to establish we've really got one huge interconnected universe where meaningful shit can go down anywhere anytime and affect every other show and movie). I would have loved to be watching Agents of Shield week by week as The Winter Soldier came out in cinemas. And I'm certainly going to catch up before before the next movie hits.

Edited by alive she cried

• 3 weeks later...

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” has just added another new face for its March return to ABC with Edward James Olmos!

Olmos will play Robert Gonzales, whose debut this spring in “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” will have massive repercussions for Director Coulson and his team.

Just finished season 1. What a fucking difference there was between the first and second halves. Although the characters and the show in general slowly grew on me, when we started getting The Winter Soldier tie-ins, this show really came to life. I thought the last five or six episodes were fantastic and exactly what I was looking for when it was first announced. Can't wait to start season 2 now.

I'm currently powering my way through Season 1 was we speak due to you guys. I wrote it off when it first aired as I thought the first episode was the same spoon-feeding, prime-time garbage that I expected it to be and that I actively try to avoid.

Seven episodes in and it's grown on me a little and that's mostly because I'm in love with Simmons and Coulson says funny things sometimes. It's still painfully formulaic and dull. Generic Tough Guy With Demons annoys the piss out of me. Skyes hotness sometimes distracts me from the fact that she's annoying as fuck too but... so hot.

You guys had better be right about the second half of season one.

• 2 months later...

S2E15

This episode was pretty damn epic.

I love where they're going with the dual SHIELD's and throwing in the Inhumans in to the mix in such a big way is great. I wonder if Marvel would introduce any major Inhumans (Crystal, Karnak, Medussa, Blackbolt...Lockjaw) to the MCU via this show?

I feel like, if the Inhumans movie turns out good it will be made 100x better because we've had SO MUCH buildup to that point via shield but how long can they really keep the inhumans story line alive without actually going too much further into the Inhumans proper?

Also, bets on if they are on the moon? (or where the fuck the inhumans live)

could be wrong, but i wanna say they were at one point based out of the himalayns or thereabout? before the moonbase

but yeah, again intro'ing stuff like Inhumans is a perfect vehicle for the show, even if i don't expect Medusa/Bolt/etc at all here

lockjaw would be great though, even if gordon kinda outsourced him

could be wrong, but i wanna say they were at one point based out of the himalayns or thereabout? before the moonbase

Yeah, it could be Himalayas or something. It was more the when asked "where are we", there was a very standoffish answer there that made me think moonbase.

Skye can now satisfy herself even more easily with her new ability.

Boy, you cray cray? You saw what she did to those wine glasses. Not a good idea.

Also, what are your theories on Theta Protocol?

I am guessing Coulson's recruitment for "powers"--which I think is a term they actually used for the first time in this episode indtead of "enhanced" or "abilities"-- and all those bunk beds is going to somehow mirror with Skye's mom's Inhuman mountain top camp. Which, let's face it, is basically a knock-off of Xavier's. I just wonder how far the parallels to the X-Men are gonna go. We have a Nightcrawler Inhuman. And I can see parallels to Iceman and Rogue from the films in Skye and Marcus (I think that's electricity boy's name, right?).

i think bishop might be onto something...we might be seeing the seeds planted for civil war here, what with the coup-d-etat and all, plus we know we're leading into that likely enough with Avengers 2 around the corner...wondering if project theta fits into that?