Hondo's Bar

• 6 months later...

since Jumbie's back around: John Cena likely tears ligaments in ankle

"WWE.com yesterday acknowledged the injury to current WWE Champion John Cena, noting that Cena “injured his right Achilles tendon while battling Ryback.” While the article does note that “there are no details yet about Cena’s expected recovery time,” it does question what impact, if any, this injury will have on the WWE Championship match at Extreme Rules.

While the injury appears minor enough for Cena to appear on RAW, this is something which WWE can capitalize on to generate momentum for Ryback as a heel. Ryback could easily take credit for this situation, bragging that he put the WWE Champion on the shelf. This could also be used as a good excuse should WWE need to take the belt off Cena to provide time for the champ to recover, as John Cena could take a loss without losing face at Extreme Rules.

Can WWE use this injury to help establish Ryback?

Ryback explains his actions towards John Cena (from RAW 4/15)

Achilles injuries are relatively common amongst athletes, with a recent notable example being the Achilles tear that ended the season of basketball legend Kobe Bryant. Bryant’s tear occurred earlier in April, forcing him to the sidelines to watch his team get swept out of the playoffs by the San Antonio Spurs. BBC.com reports that Bryant’s injury will keep him off the court for up to nine months. Whether such a surgery would be required for John Cena, roughly two years the senior of Bryant and arguably less athletic, remains to be seen.

Cena has an uncanny ability to bounce back from injury. In September of 2012, John Cena underwent arm surgery to remove bone spurs from his elbow and was back in the ring by November, while making appearance on WWE television throughout his recovery period.

While John Cena’s future may be uncertain, there is little doubt that he will make every effort to be in the ring for the Extreme Rules pay-per-view event on May 19th."

ijFkbuOImgPfr.gif

• 1 month later...

Lesnar vs hhh ....awesome.

That's a feud that will get dragged out for a looong time because of how good those matches are. Everything else is kinda shitty at the moment imo

Also.. This hayman is slowly bringing ecw folks into wwe despite them being 40yrs and up by now.. Rob van damme coming to this next ppv in Philly (I'm sure there's no coincidence; ppl gonna be screamin ECW!)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

mFFk18S.png

The multiverse has shattered and the biggest crossover in WWE history will take place at SummerSlam when nefarious evildoers "The Prince of Dark Matter" Stardust and "The Bare-Knuckle Brawler" King Barrett join forces to battle "The Man That Gravity Forgot" Neville and DC Comics' Green Arrow – Stephen Amell.

aqVxtlx.gif

tumblr_inline_n78u1hxvAZ1rkf4dx.gif

man i hope he yells YOU HAVE FAILED THIS ARENA

jbl-9-99.png?w=650

Yeah, I'm not into those superhero shows. I thought I recognized him as that dude playing Casey Jones.

I'd like to see how rasslin' is today - I'm sure it's loaded w/ pop culture cross-overs. Really interested in seeing how it stays hip and relevant w/ today's "youth". I caught a clip on youtube awhile back, where the Three Stooges showed up to promote their upcoming movie. LOL - it was painfully awkward.

I've been considering going to a show next time they're in town. Anybody ever been to a show?

• 5 months later...

The picture of him breaking down after he went backstage is just heart-rending.

As far as the farewell goes, it was remarkable when they played his 'greatest hits' during the show how much he packed into a few years at the WWE.

He didn't mention it in his speech, but he later said he did an experimental test and found lesions on his brain. Think it was an ESPN interview. Scary shit.

Between him, Edge, Stone Cold and Benoit I feel so guilty watching this stuff now. I still feel this is a helluva unique form of interactive entertainment and it should continue, but they gotta keep working at the safety issues. Hopefully they already hit the tipping point with all the concussion awareness and this is the tail end of effects that started before the new safety consciousness.

No idea who this guy is - don't recognize him. After my time.

I love wrestling - it takes a unique kind of madness to do what these guys do...and a unique talent. You not only have to have the gift of gab, but you also gotta have that physical control n' grace to convincingly pull off those often scripted / sometimes improved moves w/out killing each other - all the while, regularly sacrificing your body to massive physical trauma...all for the sake of 'victory' / an audience being entertained.

It's admirable and insane at the same time. When you step back, it's nuts - but when you really watch, they're the ultimate thespians. It's an art. Mad respect for the wrestling field. Hope this guy gets a viking's retirement.

Edited by Little Nemo McFly