Hondo's Bar

Disney buys Lucasarts

Keth

Point is, I think it would be remiss to just ignore the original saga altogether. People want to know what happened to everyone as the credits roll, even if the characters are relegated to the background. (I think Chewie and R2-D2 should still be involved in the plot, they're really the backbone and the charm of the whole series when you get right down to it.)

Yes, even Carrie I'm sorry to say. Apparently doing lots of cocaine is bad for you

Have you seen her HBO Special, Wishful Drinking? I thought it was pretty funny.

Yeah, I'd want to see Luke in the role of Ben Kenobi in Episode IV. Bring the big three back for Epsiode VII, even if you kill one or two or all three of them in the first movie of the new trilogy, so you can have a sense of continuity between generations.

I think it's pretty funny that Harrison Ford has long been unenthusiastic about being in another Star Wars movie, and then Lucas sells the property, and Ford is signaling that he's interested. "What's that? Anybody but Lucas would be directing Episode VII? Tell them I'm interested!"

Re: Inspector Gadget.

I don't think they do, actually. Wiki says that DiC was re-purchased by the original founder in 2000 with help from Bain Capital (?!?), and it was folded into Cookie Jar Entertainment (whatever the hell that is) a few years later, which was bought out by DHX media a couple of months ago.

It gets complicated, but I think Mitt Romney now owns the rights to Inspector Gadget. He should have played that card.

Michael Arndt writing the screenplay for Star Wars Episode 7

As pre-production of Star Wars: Episode VII begins, Lucasfilm has confirmed that award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay for the new Star Wars film. As revealed in the ongoing video series posted here on StarWars.com, Kathleen Kennedy and George Lucas have begun story conferences with Arndt. Arndt won an Academy Award® for Best Original Screenplay for writing Little Miss Sunshine (2006), and was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay for writing Toy Story 3 (2010).

For more news about Star Wars: Episode VII -- slated for a 2015 release -- keep checking StarWars.com.