Hondo's Bar

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You're right, axels, it doesn't seem that long ago at all since we first got faint whiffs of rumors that this could be a series and now it's ready to roll out. I think there's just been so damn much going on in the world of TV, and most of it really good, that I didn't even notice the wait. I've still got a huge backlog of shows to catch up on, but there's no way I'm not watching this week to week. TWD also comes back from hiatus on Sunday night.

NPR also has a nice bit on it here.

Loving this so far. Surprised to see two familiar characters so soon, but no complaints. The "trial" in the desert scene was fantastic. Looks the show is going to be worth the watch.

Agreed, even though I thought it was obvious where they were going with the third act (and the ending shot was a bit cliche), I found it a highly enjoyable episode all around.

I don't know why I didn't put it together sooner they were brothers. I was thinking mentor, maybe an uncle, but older brother makes a lot of sense with his devotion to Chuck in E1&2.

And the scenes with Mike were so great. I'm guessing we'll eventually see Gus show up in the series. Maybe in S2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I knew I was right who that was!

Yeah, this show is fantastic. It's funny, my sister had a really cool comment about the Mike stuff. She said he was the show's Jesse Pinkman. After thinking about it, I could see what she was saying. Breaking Bad worked so well going back and forth between these two totally different characters (I mean, tons of shows do it). Instead of changing that winning dynamic, they did the exact same thing. Also, I would TOTALLY watch a Mike spinoff!

just caught up before tonight's ep...yeah, Mike's always gold. his speech to the dude at the end about good/bad was class too

Jesus Christ that was harsh, I can see how that revelation could push him towards the Slippin' Jimmy lawyer he turned out to be.

so much this, felt like a gut punch at the time. bishop put the pieces together before i did, didn't make it any easier though.

• 2 weeks later...

No thoughts on the finale?

Nothing too crazy happening, but a lot of solid character development. Felt like they aren't trying to out do themselves which is nice and leaves things open for season 2. Looking forward to where this goes.