Hondo's Bar

I read somewhere else online that the series could also jump around and do some more episodes of post Breaking Bad/Cinnabon Saul in Omaha.

Panch, I think we still have a fair ways to go before Jimmy becomes the Saul Goodman we see in Breaking Bad who is trying to convince Walt to kill people.

• 10 months later...

Caught up with the last 3 episodes. Damn good stuff here. It's slow going, but just like Breaking Bad, even when it's slow, things are super engaging and interesting. Mike is an incredible character also. It's great that he's back, and I love the slow burn stuff that crosses him over to Jimmy.

• 2 months later...

Fucking hell this season was good.

I fucking love seeing Hector Salamanca back. We don't know how he got in the chair right? Obviously they are setting it up so that Mike is the one that puts him there, but I'm betting they go a different direction.

I'm just loving everything about the show though.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

This really picks up where Breaking Bad left off in terms of quality, man. Better Call Saul has the potential to finish even stronger than BB somehow and I'm uber excited to see what happens... even already knowing what happens.

Started to write this then realized I had already wrote it. I still believe this.

I still haven't seen season 2 since it's not on Netflix yet but I agree with that statement. Season 1 of Saul felt overall stronger and better than Breaking Bad, and that's not a slam but I enjoy the characters and the stories more and the show just leaves me in awe of the writing. I think it's definitely going to be the Angel to Breaking Bad's Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

• Really? 1

• 4 weeks later...

TWD may be over, but season 3 of this started tonight! If you still haven't watched this then fix that now.

Edit: NOT to tonight. Next week. It starts next Monday :P

Edited by Axels

• 2 weeks later...

So I just watched S3E2, and it's good. But slow. Very slow. In fact, I'd recommend waiting and binging if you can because these first two episodes felt like they could've been one episode. Vince Gilligan is directing and he's taking his time with these characters. I dig it, but waiting a week in between episodes at this pace could get frustrating. Also, did I mention it's moving slowly?

S3E2

Guuuuuuuuuuuusssssssss!!!!!!!

If the Internet hadn't spoiled it, this would've been an epic reveal for the restaurant and Gus. Even though we knew Gus was gonna show up, I still thought they did a great job of revealing Gus in the background as Jimmy was in the foreground.

And it looks Chuck finally put the nail in the coffin of his relationship with Jimmy. I hope Jimmy can start to get over his need for Chuck's approval. Maybe even start plotting some revenge.

• Downvote 1

• 11 months later...

@The NZA we need to get back to this!! We watched most of season one (did we even finish it? ugh, it's been too long!). I do remember that we were loving it, but we just fell off it for some inexplicable reason. I'd love to get back into it and catch up! Breaking Bad remains my favorite TV show of all time, so hearing that some people think this is better is pretty exciting. Even if it's as good, I'll take it!

• Like 2

Breaking Bad is also my favourite (I think. Definitely the best) show of all time. I think we need to wait until this finishes before we can say which is better, but there's no denying that it's currently close.

When they announced Better Call Saul I had major doubts, and feared that this would end up a sad addendum to Breaking Bad,  but somehow, they've managed to maintain that quality. Incredible really.  

I'm jealous ye have so much left to watch. 

The writing is incredible and how it's shot in a way that makes some of the most "boring" scenes compelling as hell. Espcially how they portray Chuck's sickness. I can feel his discomfort whenever he starts staring at a lightbilb or something.

• 3 months later...