Hondo's Bar

Harry Potter

Yes, but the first two Harry Potters were good movies, and you've gotta give him credit for that.

"But Silent Bob, what's wrong with Steven Spielberg?"

??? 1941?

??? Hook?

??? The Lost World?

Steven Spielberg sucks the big one.

For some odd reason bad movies do not a bad director make. Chris Columbus has made some bad movies, but now he's made two good ones and I don't see any reason for him to not be able to continue that trend.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Reiner directed North, but he also directed This Is Spinal Tap!

Chris Columbus evidently chose to not direct the next films. He's still on as a producer, just not directing. The next two Potter books are a different class of story. More epic, more sophisticated, a different director isn't such a bad idea. Everyone in the cast says they're comfortable with him.

Well I don't give a flying fook who's on so long as they go with my alco-pop swigging, john blue smoking, chronic masturbating Harry who sends Hagrid down to the off liscense for cans of red stripe 'cause the fuckers in Diagon alley won't accept his fake I.D. and the only way he'll get Hermoine into the sack is if he gets her nice and fucking oiled first.

*phew*

That was one motherfuck of a run on sentance.

A two-parter? Now shit? I need a lnk to a site for that Bobby, cause while it makes sense for adapting a book that epic magnitude, but I don't believe WB would go for it. Would they be release a few months apart Back To The Future/Matrix style? The fifth book might need three parts.

The points is: I wants proof (not that it's going to happen, but that that's Colombus's intention/desire)!

And spongey, all the books have been OKed by the studio for being made into movies, even the unwritten one, so this relative.

Doesn't anyone know if Rowling will be taking a long time to finish the last two books, or will see go back to a book a year schedule?

A two-parter? No shit? I need a link to a site for that Bobby, cause while it makes sense for adapting a book that epic magnitude, I don't believe WB would go for it. Would they be releasing them a few months apart Back To The Future/Matrix style? The fifth book might need three parts. The points is: I wants proof (not that it's going to happen, but that that's Colombus's intention/desire)!

And spongey, all the books have been OKed by the studio for being made into movies, even the unwritten one, so this relative.

Doesn't anyone know if Rowling will be taking a long time to finish the last two books, or will see go back to a book a year schedule? I want the books to read as soon as possible, but knowing Rowling's and this series' potential, I want it to be written as perfectly as possible.

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

Heard it in an interview. They also mention it on IMDb. But that's what Columbus would like to do - release part one around thanksgiving, and part two around christmas. Whether the studio would let him, I dunno. It's Harry Potter, and two Harry Potter movies will just make twice as much as one. And if it works out well for the Matrix sequels, they might consider it even more. But again, that's only what Columbus wants to do. No one's even said if it's him directing Goblet of Fire, or not, yet.

Yeah, Coltrane can make pretty much any role better. Think Hagrid will die? Nah, I dunno, that might be too jarring. This is still a kid's series, no matter how dark it gets. Why not Dumbledore? He's the token mentor role, and that's what happens in a lot of these stories. Especially if, in the next book, like that excerpt says, he's going to tell Harry "everything" first. That'd be pretty...dramatic. But yeah, I could see it being Sirius, too. Dunno, though, Sirius is like Harry's one shot of having a good real family when this story is over, and it needs a happy ending like that.

I wouldn't be to easy to judge the series as a kid's series as far as what's possible. HP isn't too safe to have Hagrid die. Besides, I gots my reasons to believe he dies. Highlight: Coltrane, when asked if he would continue playign the hagrid role until the end, answered "sort of." The fifth book will also reveal why some people die and become ghosts and others don't. Hagrisd could become a ghost.