Hondo's Bar

music of your youth

*MisSarah*

when i was real young i was into nktob,debbie gibson,tiffany,en vouge,all that stuff then in middle school and hs i was a total grunge girl(i showered though) i loved nirvana,stp,led zeplin,green day..i had soo many band t shirts so many cds!!!and i absolutely loved SMASHING PUMPKINS!!!! I WAS obsessed!!!!!! i actually lost most of my old cds :D

so im just curious what everyone was into in there youth and how it has changed now......

Hmm...the 80's, when i really got into music, i was all about Micheal Jackson, Genesis (and Phil Collins, when he went solo), some Police and such, but i didnt know the names a lotta times....too many one hit wonders back then, too.

There was a point when i got into christian rock, no lie...i was more religious back then. But yeah, MJ was, and still is, the shit.

moonwalker_screen1_cpc.gif

As far back as I can remember, all my sister and I would do was listen to Power96...so alot of Stevie B and the likes...when I got into high school I got into Pop and listened to *NSync (still do). Then around college time I got more into Zeta...now I listen to just about everything...even country, yeehaw! :D

Middle School and Early High School Years saw me listening to Offspring, Korn, White Zombie, Rage, Metallica, Pumpkins, STP, and Limp Bizkit's first album. My junior year of High School and the advent of Napster saw me fall into punk, ska (Catch-22, Save Ferris, Mustard Plug mostly, Bosstones and Reel Big Fish too) and the classic rock of the 60's and 70's (lots of Beatles, lots of Stones, lots of Zeppelin, lots of Who, lots of Beach Boys).

Ahhh...those were the days....

hmm in the 80's i actually used to listen to 97 GTR up until one day it just changed to Coast 97 and i got mad. So then i think i switched and started listening to Power 96 stuff. Then came the NKOTB craze and i listened to that religiously along with MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice. Then in middle school i started listening to more rnb and hiphop bebop and its pretty much stayed the same since 'cept now ive broadend my horizons to other types. :D

i listened to a lot of what my parents listened to back in the 80s (and actually now too) because my dad would play it on the stereo really loud in our living room and we would all just dance around like idiots...it was actually really fun. back then it was guns n roses, inxs, fine young cannibals, a lot of classic rock. early to mid 90s i was more into r&b and hip hop although i was into everything else too. when i was in high school i was listening to a lot of classical music b/c of band. i never in my life thought i would be doing that. in college i started getting into blues and jazz and now i think i like everything equally (except for new country...i prefer old country).

When I was really young I was big into Indie music like Kula Shaker, The Seahorses, Blur, Space and the Manics.

Then after a while I got into Korn, Nirvana, Metallica and every band that young kiddies have plastered all over their hoodies these days. Ahead of my times I was!

• 3 years later...

up until i was 13 i listened to my dad's music collection which was mainly prog-rock and pop/rock

joined secondary school, wanted to fit in so i tried nu-metal...

discovered hip-hop like a tribe called quest, nas, etc....

hated nu-metal, started listening to megadeth, slayer.. and prog again, and trace (which was awful)

got nas - illmatic, some backpacker hip-hop, post-rock, some electronic like aphex twin

discovered j-pop videos. listened to post-rock, and radiohead

transition period...

and here i am now: hip-hop, jazz, breakcore, soul, noise, alternative, etc

when i was younger i was'nt really into music, just kinda listened to whatever was on,

at about 14/15 i got limp bizkit's chocolate starfish, but soon after that got into the doors, metallica.

then i met a friend that introduced me to a shitload of good stuff , zeppelin, hendrix, rory gallagher.

now i like to think i have a pretty broad taste, classical, blues, metal, folk, jazz, classic rock, grunge, and some elctronic

• 2 months later...

KEEP ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN

Archived