Hondo's Bar

Comic book movies

I'm getting more optimistic about the Electio...I mean...the Electra movie. I looks ok.

As for the Fantastic Four movie...I wouldn't declare it a bomb for having a minor celebrity play Doom. If they picked him, it's more likely they casted him because he could bring somethign extra to the role, cause it certainly wasn't to bring more people into the theaters.

That new Crow movie has been on the table for a while now. Personally, I'm shocked to see it's finally finished (this would be the fourth Crow movie, by the way, not counting the short-lived television series). It also stars David Boreanaz, Tara Reid, Macy Gray, Danny Trejo and Dennis Hopper. Whoopty doo.

By the way, I know there are better scans out there, but here you go Jax:

bigthing.jpg

lilthing.jpg

I stopped after Crow 1, and was told it was a wise decision. I assume anyone still watching ...would be like how i watch the Highlander sequels: youve gotta be just rubbernecking that train wreck.

FF doesnt have me hyped, even as a franchse, but im sure ill catch it with a group. Thing...eh.

SB, any word on 30 Days of Night? Or is it still just a script somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that depends on your perspective...i saw Stick for all of a second, after that, this had nothing to do with Marvel, and prolly coulda been named "badass ninja bitch". It could still be alright, aint like Elektra had that much to go on to begin with, outside of being ressurected by the Hand (ninja clan - so, are they gonna tie this into Daredevil at all?)

It picks up where Daredevil left off. She's dead, being taking away in an ambulance, and while some overpaid underskilled high school dropout EMS is off drinking in the corner, some guy sneeks in and resurrects her. She never sees any of the characters from DD, just just goes off to be a badass ninja bitch.

I'm not to concerned with accuracy to the books. Blade, for example, takes a few liberties, and the first one was good (never saw the second).

some overpaid underskilled high school dropout EMS is off drinking in the corner

you truly reach for reactions sometimes.....cunt.

Yeah, Blade worked with many liberties, im hopin Ghost Rider will too. Its just very easy for this one to be a formulaic ninja movie, and Garner really doesnt do it for me.

Ill save hate for when its out, tho, could be fun.

Agreed. Bad ass ninja movie it is. Elektra story it's not. But then I never could quite buy Garner as Elektra so I don't mind that the movie doesn't seem all that Elektra either. It's not a fanboy thing. I don't care what liberties they take, it's the tone that seems completely different. By the way, Affleck is listed as making a cameo as Matty Murdock in the movie. Dunno if it's all-new Murdock stuff or just footage swiped from the end of Daredevil.

An' you gotta admit, IC, Terrence Stamp could make a great Stick.

• 2 weeks later...
This and MRS. DOUBTFIRE Sequel Announced in the Same Week...

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!

---from Newsarama---

COLUMBUS TO DIRECT SUB-MARINER

Just three days after announcing the director for Iron Man, Marvel is back in the trades again, this time announcing that Chris Columbus will direct and produce the upcoming Sub-Mariner movie for Universal.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the movie is seen as “an epic film that will highlight various cultures, species and worlds beneath Earth's oceans. At the same time, it will tell the tale of Namor, a man who is torn between the world he grew up in and the world he belongs to.”

The Reporter also quoted Avi Arad as saying, “This is a giant project. Chris and I have been talking about this for six years, and once he saw where we were going with it and the world we were going to create, he jumped in.”

The screenplay for the movie is written by David Self, while Arad, Kevin Misher, and Columbus will produce. Columbus will move to Sub-Mariner after filming Rent, whish is preparing to shoot at Revolution Studios.

...didnt that guy write "Gremlins" and "Goonies"?

I'd imagine Thanksgiving or Christmas, otherwise we'd probably be hearing things about it by now, big release like that. It might be at the end of the summer too, though. Don't give up all hope. OotP probably won't start production until GoF is released, so that's not 'til the second half of next year at least. Columbus is already filming Rent, as I recall, so that should be done well before then. I'd take his involvement with Sub-mariner with a grain of salt - he was also signed on to direct Fantastic Four at one point. These comic movies shift directors constantly.