Hondo's Bar

Comic book movies

No doubt. Onward! More Alan Moore projects that Moore wants nothing to do with!

V for Vendetta

From SciFi Wire-

Silver Mulls V For Vendetta

Matrix writers/directors Larry and Andy Wachowski have drafted a script for a movie based on Alan Moore's classic graphic novel V for Vendetta, producer Joel Silver told the C.H.U.D. Web site. "They wrote a script for me ... years ago, and they've talked about producing it with me and bringing somebody in to direct it that they like," Silver told the site.

V for Vendetta, from the author of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, takes place in an alternate future in which Germany has won World War II and a vigilante named "V" stalks the streets of London trying to free a fascist England. "I'd love to work with them forever, whatever they want to do," Silver said of the Wachowskis.

Plus! AintItCoolNews rants on about Watchmen film rumors!

Aw, cause Matrix ended bad, no one likes em no more? First one was cool, i still think 2 wasnt bad, and what ive seen of "Bound" is good too...i dunno, to be honest, i didnt catch Leauge. V for Vendetta could be done well if you really got someone on board - Aronousky would be cool, someone dark, some style, but political...who did Crow 1 and Dark City?

Now, Watchmen...i agree with :D, its a comic medium tale, so much subtext...i just cant see it transferring well at all, i honeslty hope the license never comes to light.

ALIENS VS. PREDATOR

Creepy actor Lance Henriksen talked to "Fangoria" and let slip some things about the new "AVP" movie. He said, "I don't play Bishop in this movie, I play the man who created him. He's a billionaire and is responsible for taking this expedition to Antarctica, where everything takes place. It's a pretty cool character. I can't tell you guys anything else -- they made me sign not to tell. The thing is, they keep sending me new versions of [the script]. It's gonna be a very, very exciting movie -- I promise you that. I hope it turns out as good as 'Aliens.'"

More Marvel news, Newsarama...

- a director’s cut of the Daredevil DVD will come out in April;

- a writer for Hulk 2 has been hired (and its not 2Track)

- a television series based on the Hulk may happen

- X-Men 3 is slated for a 2006 release, as is Hulk 2, Captain America, Namor, Nick Fury, and Iron Fist.

- Elektra, Ghost Rider, and Iron Man are targeted for 2005, with Iron Man being written by Smallville writers Miles Millar and Alfred Gough.

BATMAN: INTIMIDATION GAME

Cinescape has a spy report saying that Christopher Eccleston ("28 Days Later", "Shallow Grave") is being considered to play the part of the Scarecrow in the Chris Nolan-directed Bat-film. Allegedly the Scarecrow would be taken down quickly, clearing the stage for Ra's Al Ghul. The intent is to show that this vision of Gotham has villains much scarier and more intense than anything from the Joel Schumacher vision. I for one can't think of anything scarier than Joel Schumacher's vision (bat nipples...ugh).

NICK FURY

Tiscali Entertaiment talked to Samuel L. Jackson, who has seen the Ultimate-ized Nick Fury and says he's talked to Marvel's Avi Arad. "I had a meeting a couple of months ago. And we were talking about trying to find the possibilities there," Jackson said.

Cinescape has a spy report saying that Christopher Eccleston ("28 Days Later", "Shallow Grave") is being considered to play the part of the Scarecrow in the Chris Nolan-directed Bat-film.

Now that's a nice casting choice. I like that even better than Malkovich as Ra's Al Ghul. :D

Eccleston:

1-4.jpg

Edited by Silent Bob

ah, equilibrium. saw that one too. story was kinda lacking becuase of the logic loopholes, but the action scenes brought something new to the table. i really enjoyed the final action scenes along with the "is that your puppy?" scene.

i'm sure yall already know, but hellboy is gonna be played by vin diesel, IC's favorite actor.

Vin Diesel is great. He's the new Keanu. Recognise. Anyways, the HELLBOY trailer is up (click here ya fuggin' cunt) and it looks promising. Pearlman looks fucking great. They definitly got the look down. Now alls I gotta do is read more of the books, what I've read has been good so maybe tomorrow I'll get a trade or two (the joy of not spending any of my paychecks for the last 2 weeks :D )

i'm sure yall already know, but hellboy is gonna be played by vin diesel, IC's favorite actor.

Nah, they opted against Vin Diesel a long time ago, spiffy. Thank Christ. Hellboy is being played by Ron Pearlman.

RonPerlman_Granitz_259426_400.jpg

An' 2T's right, he does look fuckin' great in the role.

hellboy.jpg

They're getting a great look for the movie. This shot looks like it oughtta be a cover for the comic.

hellgravebig.jpg

Edited by Silent Bob

Batman-On-Film, kinda like "Girls on Film" except without the dancing and the cool threads, report that the name Daniel Day Lewis is being batted around for the role of Ra's Al Ghul. Meanwhile, Variety reports that Michael Caine is signed on to play the role of Alfred, quashing rumors from last week about Michael Gough's return. Daniel Day Lewis - yayyy! Michael Caine - booooo! I mean, I can watch "Get Carter" over and over again, but he's just not a great actor.

"But he gets nominated, like every year for an Oscar!", you say.

Well, that's just t'keep the Brits happy I say.

"Shit - Judi Dench didn't make a flick..say did Caine?"

"Sure did, Bob."

"Great, nominate 'im. The Limeys'll love it."

I really hope that it's just a rumour 'cause Alfred ain't no cockney geeza like Caine, he's a respectable proper Englishman like Gough.

ASTRO CITY

Kurt Busiek finally agreed t'option "Astro City". Says the bearded one; "The movie guys have come to me and I have said I'm not interested, and they go away. These guys (Barenholtz and Alpers) wouldn't go away. They seemed to understand the property. It needs action, but the characters' story is paramount. So here we are."

Say, those rights for NightTrasher still plugging about? Hollywizzod* here I come!

*how unhizzip is the usage of the izzle - I need t'get with the tizzimes. Then again, if Huey Lewis taught me anything, it's hip to be square.

Is it just me or has this been the most fucked up of all the movie updates. I'm blaming that damned Matrix skin that keeps fucking with my head. DAAAMMMNNN YOOOUUU KKEEEAAANNUUU!

This is just a quickie just like my last sexual encounter. I'm sure that you'll feel as satisfied as I did after you read this as I did after my session though.

X-MEN 3

Brian Singer sat down with TV Guide and talked sequel. He quotes Ian McKellen's Magneto commenting to Patrick Stewart's Xavier -- "You should have killed me when you had the chance" -- as the linchpin for the film. Producer Lauren Shuler Donner told Variety that she wants the Beast and the Danger Room in the next sequel.

Was it as good for you as it was for me?

Some quick notes about X3 - Beast was originally supposed to appear in the first X-Men, but he was deleted because the makeup effects would have been too costly. Angel and the Sentinels were meant to appear in X2, but they were also removed to make the story run smoother. I'd expect them to try to get all three of those into X3 as much of the design has already been completed.

Bigger than the last one - and with 100% more Spawny goodness! Take time off from beating your Martin Sheener and read up!

SPAWN 2

Ain't It Cool Newshas a line from Michael Jai White, who appeared at the Super Boston Megafest. White said that, "he's going to be doing the sequel next year and that they've finally got a script they are all happy with. Its going to be a very dark, Batman-like sequel, one that will please comic fans. Martin Sheen isn't in it this time, but the villain might be a guy called Brimstone, and Sly Stallone was the man for the job last he heard."

Now alls I wanna know is

i) Will anyone care?

ii) How much of a stupid question was that?

SUPERMAN

More from them Ain't It Cool News foo's, who it seems has spies everywhere -- even at the gas station. A chance encounter with Ben Savage ("Boy Meets World") revealed that the actor has had two callbacks at Warner Brothers for the role of Jimmy Olsen.

HELLBOY

Sony's released two posters. One featuring the good guys...

goodguys.jpg

And the other featuring the bad guys...

badguys.jpg

SPIDER-MAN 2

Sony Pictures has just confirmed that your first look at the Spider-Man 2 trailer in theaters will be with "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" on December 17. It will hit the official website two days earlier, making me happy - 'cause I ain't gonna shell out $9 to see a trailer.

Okay fuckos...

BATMAN

Sky News has word on casting for the new Christopher Nolan Bat-film. Clint Eastwood, best known as Dirty Harry, has been offered the role of the Mayor of Gotham City, and he seems happy with the offer, saying, "I would like to show a lighter side to my character in my later years." Can he do for Gotham City what he did for Carmel, CA? I guess if this is true it rules out Clint doing a Dark Knight Returns style movie...

CATWOMAN

Comics Continuum caught Halle Berry on ABC's "The View," talking about her feline role. "I never thought that this would be like the turn in my career, that I'm now this like super-hero," she said, "But with Catwoman, it's such an iconic character, and it's been done so well before. Initially, I did think, 'Why would I want to do it?' I thought I could bring something hopefully different to it. It's a different woman. It's a whole decade later from the last time Michelle Pfeiffer did it." Thank God that Halle's flick is gonna so much like the comic...

Not really a movie one, but hey, where the fuck else am I gonna put this...

THE PRO

The Ennis written one shot is rumoured to be in development at MTV. "Newlyweds" it ain't...

X-Men 3

Director Bryan Singer has signed an overall deal with 20th Century Fox to develop projects he'll direct and produce. Singer has separately begun negotiations to return for a third installment of the X-Men franchise.

Fox production president Hutch Parker told Variety the effort to mount another film is in its early stages, but that he would have been eager to bring Singer into the Fox fold even if the studio wasn't thinking about another film.

"We are always wary of sequels because so often they are an invitation to mediocrity, because not enough attention is paid to the skills that allowed the first film to succeed," Parker said. "We had such a fantastic experience with Bryan on 'X2' -- he was a great partner who navigated the process, which included the magnitude of the budget, the number of visual effects, and our desire to build on the first film and make a better and more satisfying movie. The deal is an outgrowth of the strong relationship we built on those two films."

The two-year deal is the first studio pact for Singer, who named his production company Bad Hat Harry, a line from his favorite movie "Jaws." Singer will have an office on the lot and will bring with him development director Alex Garcia and add to his existing staff as he accumulates projects.

"I've been stockpiling a number of different projects in movies, TV and videogames, and it's great to have a base of operation and a place to put writers to work," Singer said.

Mounting X-Men 3 will be a more pricey undertaking than the last effort. The cast members made deals for the original film and an option for one sequel. The studio will have to broker new deals for returning cast members.

DAREDEVIL 2

Says Affleck:

"I don't know about Daredevil II. That may be too much work for me. I don't have any idea. I suppose that if Kevin Smith wrote it and was going to be involved, I would do it. But I'm not banging down the door trying to get Daredevil 2 made. You'll know when my career is really on the slide when I start resurrecting the franchise."

Yeah, I heard that about Affleck. 'S a shame, I think he made a good Matt Murdock, and I thought he was a big enough fan of the character to want to give him another shot on the screen. There's a few things that could come from this.

The Bad - There won't be a Daredevil 2. DD won't get another shot to shine on the screen like he deserves.

or

They'll go ahead with a Daredevil 2 with a (cheaper) replacement in the lead. The chances of the movie going directly to video skyrocket.

The Good - After the success of Paycheck and (hopefully) Jersey Girl, the studio wants Affleck back in the suit so bad they convince Kevin Smith to pen the draft.

The Bad Again - Smith takes so long to finish the Daredevil 2 script that the project is scrapped because Affleck got too old to play the character anyway. The producers push for a "Daredevil Beyond" to showcase a new generation in a future time. Joshua Jackson gets the lead. Schumacher is in talks to direct.

So, I can't see any good coming out've that. Damn youse, Affleck! Damn youse all to hell!

The Bad Again - Smith takes so long to finish the Daredevil 2 script that the project is scrapped because Affleck got too old to play the character anyway. The producers push for a "Daredevil Beyond" to showcase a new generation in a future time. Joshua Jackson gets the lead. Schumacher is in talks to direct.

:D

Kudos, Schuler Bob. Funniest thing I heard (uh...read) all day.