Hondo's Bar

So what do you drive?

BigChiefSlapaho

So, what do you drive? Not a competition or poll, but just a little peek at what we go to work in everyday. Love it? Hate it? Dying to sell it? Happy memories in it? Talk about your car.

My00SVT.jpg

This is mine. It's a 2000 Ford SVT Contour. Rare item, serial numbers and everything. Mine's #1697 out of less than 3000 made. Kinda quick. Handle's great. Seats 4, 5 with a squeeze in the back. Leather (or pleather) interior, white guages, 5 speed manual. Nice wheels. Likes to be driven hard. Big trunk with lots of space. I love it.

But...

It's a FORD. Found On Roadside Dead. This car has left me so many times that I'm wary to drive it on occasion. Sunroof? Used to! Now it's a moonroof b/c it doesn't move or open. Oh well. Black on black with a side of black... know what that means... HOT AS HELL in the summer time. Tints? Too lazy to get them. :( Blows foglights about 2x a year. I lose the same taillight every time also, for some reason. Plus, after racing it a bit, I've realized that I probably should've waited a bit for a RWD car or not spent so much on something new. Lessons learned.

Howabout you?

2483929.jpg

Not my actual car, but same model and color.

I drive a 2000 Honda Accord Ex-V6. It's not a bad car, got the total package (Leather, woodgrain, premium sound), but it is currently the main reason I cannot up and leave my job. Payments are a bitch, and even tho I got a good deal, I hate writing the check every month. Has good pick up, listed at 200 HP. Right now it's dirty as shit cause I'm too lazy to wash it. It's been about 6,000 miles since the last oil change and the brakes squeak. The Rims have a layer of brake dust, I refer to them as "vintage". All of these problems will be taken care of this week, I swear! I love my car, but it the end, it's just a car. I used be in to hooking up cars and such, but now I just want reliable transportation with reasonable payments.

Also,not my actually ride, but a picture found on Google, exact same model and color:

scooter_yumbo_125.jpg

I have named it Mikar, because I was so used to refering to "my car" couldn't stop myself from calling it that. So now: "I'll take Mikar there."

I'll get an actual image on me on it soon.

My%20truck.jpg

1993 Ford F-150...its what it looked like before miami. One accident, one run in with a pole, and another scraping a sign (i need to stop driving in close quarters after 12-16 hour shifts :D ) and its got, uh, character.

A bitch to park unless youre good at backing in (which i am), cause its an XLT model, meaning basically its midnight blue and its a longbed, which i much prefer to extended cab...i mean, cmon, y'all can sit in the tail.

Highlights: Texas plates & registration mean most cops dont know its well expired by now.

Plus, its a big ass truck, and people have to kiss your hairy beanbag when they need things moved. Also, its old-looking, so most folks assume its uninsured, and get the fuck out of your way. Sure, they honk a lot, but when you give that crazed look like "fuck it, ima run you off the road" they back off.

Downside: Fuck....

1) Gas, it gets like 15 miles to the gallon on average

2) Maintenence - ...is that my transmission acting up? for the love of god, dont let it be my transmission. :D

Anyway, its my frist ride, and god knows its taken a beating. Poor thing was pretty about a year and a half ago...damn you miami, i miss texas' wider lanes. Also, parking spots over there had the bumper further up, because the way the truck balances - bearing in mind, all the weight's up front on this half-ton thing most times - is putting the wheels further in. Meaning, here in miami, i hit plenty of things when i back into tight spots cause nothings there to stop my wheels. Fortunatly, these things are often poles, fences, etc, and unlike the easily crushed front of a truck, the rear bumper doesnt lose very often.

Anyway, i hope to get it looked at tomorrow, but otherwise, i love it.

Proof what? That I drive a '98 Saturn? C'mon! I guess I could take a pic or two... Not pretty right now though. It's a goldish/champaigne color. After the accident the hood's crumpled up and the radiator's toast. She had the best mileage of any car I had! I could drive about 400 miles on a 12 gallon tank up, and that's driving in the city.

I miss 'er :D:D

Well...I've had this interesting luck with cars...

My Dad gave me his car when I first started driving: 1997 Kia Sportage

kia-sportage.jpg

I used and abused it for 2.5 yrs and finally I couldn't afford the repairs, so I sadly gave it back to him...he had to replace the entire brake systems, flush out the transmission and God knows what else...

Then, I bought myself this one: 2001 Nissan Altima

11729.jpg

Didn't have the car for more than a month and a half when I got rear-ended by a Miami-Dade Transit bus...car was a total loss.

Took a few months, but I saved some moola and bought this one: 2003 Toyota Corolla

2003%20Corolla%20S%20Silver%20rear%20right.jpg

Almost a year to the date of purchase, it was stolen from the front of my house...

I now haven't had a car for 7 months...on the weekdays, I drive the Grandpa Mobile (named so 'cause it's my Grandpa's and I've kinda comandeered it): 1992 Buick Regal

C5761B1.jpg

and on the weekends, I steal the Kia and let Dad worry about the repairs:

kia-sportage.jpg

Ok, so :D had the sweetest ride ive seen...a 2003, 100 Anniversary special edition Harley Davidson, midnight blue like my truck. Like 40 miles on it when he got it, a Sporster model, bout 660 CC, the lightest model i know them to make, a great first-time bike, and i loved the damn thing.

Here's a pic of a similar model in black (it says its a fat boy, but doenst look it...just dont mind the double exhaust):

Fat-Boy3.jpg

Sadly, i never got to ride it; while babysitting it when he left the country, it got jacked, right in front of our apartnemnt security people. :fuming:

Anyway, insurnace picked it up, for for a few months, he had the greatest rental of all time. I miss it, tho. :fuming:

Id fix the many dents in it, that driver-side window that doesnt lower, the gas gauge on tank 1 that doesnt read, put a grill on the front for the next time someone backs into me like an ass, maybe one of those big metal toolboxes in the cab for groceries & shit. I wouldnt raise it like others do, its fine where its at.

Also, id brake it in proper-like by wandering back to texas and boning my cousin in the front seat, then later id fill up the bed in the back with dirty water for a makeshift redneck pool.

Also, id brake it in proper-like by wandering back to texas and boning my cousin in the front seat, then later id fill up the bed in the back with dirty water for a makeshift redneck pool.

No way, Nick! I had no idea that's how they break it in, in Texas! We do the same up here in NH! In fact I was thinking of getting together with m' cousin later this week and break in m' car proper like! :D I mean she's such a hottie! :D

This is my first baby and i love him! I'll be sad to trade him in 1 year and 10 months and 19 days.

'02 RSX Type S - Night Blackhawk Pearl, 6 Speed, 200 HP, Black Leather Bucket Seats, Carbon Fiber Interior, Factory Bodykit all around, PIAA headlights (because i dont want to fork over the money for real HID's, 5% Black Tints (thanks Sr. Stereo!.)

P1010004.jpg

This is a jacked pic of my car but it pretty much looks exactly like this one minus that stupid licence plate thing in the front.

Archived