Hondo's Bar

Ghostbusters (1984)

The NZA

The story idea was also said to bring in a new younger hipper cast to join the old retired busters (this was back when Will Smith was a name thrown out as an example of "younger and hipper"). Sony was dumb enough to think they wouldn't make their investment back. I don't think Akroyd ever pitched it again.

That's a damn shame...all other retro licneses are being bled dry, and this was one of the finest ones, down to the cartoon.

With the cinematic advances in effects, and, and...comedy...this would be great! And the old retired guys too: Egon's huge now, and Bill's bald but man, it woudlnt be the same withiout Venkman. This license is an inevitability: they gotta do it again sometime. :D :D

But, as you said, it wouldn't be the same without Venkman. It wouldn't be the same without Ray or Egon either (I hate to admit it, but Winston probably wouldn't be necessary - they never did much with his character in the first place). Has Harold Ramis done any major acting recently besides the occasional cameo in his own movies? Would Murray really return to the Venkman character? He's done a lot to distance himself from that type of role in recent years and I really don't know if he'd agree to do it again. The more years that pass the less likely it seems to get the original cast together for a third, even if a studio did agree to make it. And I don't think any of us wants to see a Ghostbusters 3 without the original cast.

So basically what I'm saying is if there's ever gonna be a good Ghostbusters 3, they'd need to start it really soon before it reaches that age where it just gets turned into another Starsky & Hutch type remake (though if they did have new Ghostbusters, Owen Wilson might not be a bad choice).

Edited by Silent Bob

• 8 months later...

Omg...I would have loved another GhostBusters. My Favorite thing out of both movies was the Stay Puff Marshmellow Man. He was great...LOL

We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York. We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble.

tn_17748-puft.jpg

• 1 year later...

Not bad. I think I recognized some of the footage from other movies, wonder which movies they gotthe clips all from. Sadly, I doubt they'll do another, and I doubt very seriously that they'd do another with the original characters. The best chance for that would be another cartoon (other than Extreme Ghostbusters). Man, the cartoon (The Real Ghostbusters one) was the shit back in the day. Do you know if they have it on dvd?

I think I saw a torrent for it when I was looking for something else a while back...

Damn it. Now the song's stuck in my head.

Edited by Lycaon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 5 months later...

http://www.hollywood...es-clash-862537

slimer_and_the_real_ghostbusters__collage__by_rgbfan475-d61drzb.jpg

The animated movie has a director!

Fletcher Moules has signed on to direct the movie.

Sony Pictures’ Ghostbusters empire continues to expand.

Not content with its upcoming all-female revival, the studio had been quietly developing a Ghostbusters animated movie via its Sony Pictures Animation, and that project has taken one step closer to reality.

Fletcher Moules, the rising animator and helmer behind the hugely popular animated Clash of Clans commercial spots, has signed on to direct the movie.

Ivan Reitman, co-creator of Ghostbusters and one of the stewards of the franchise, would act as one of the producers.

Sony, a studio with fewer franchises than some of its rivals, is betting big with Ghostbusters. Apart from the new movie, which opens in July, the studio created the Ghost Corps, a collective with Reitman and Dan Aykroyd, to head up the expansion of the franchise and to create a Ghostbusters cinematic universe.

The studio is already in development on a movie that would potentially star Channing Tatum with Joe and Anthony Russo, the duo behind Captain America: The Winter Soldier, to produce and direct it.

Ghostbusters owes some of its popularity and longevity to the animation medium. DiC Enterprises producedThe Real Ghostbusters (pictured above), a very popular series that ran from 1986 to 1991 and continued the adventures of Venkman, Spengler, Stantz, Zeddmore and Slimer.

Fletcher has worked in commercials and did interstitial work for AMC. But his claim to fame are commercials for Clash of Clans. Clans is a popular online game, but some of its spots are even more popular. One of Fletcher’s spots, Ride of the Hog Riders, has been viewed 89 million times.

Fun fact: He also worked in the creature department on Star Wars: Attack of the Clones in his native Australia.

Moules is repped by Verve and Loeb & Loeb.

Edited by Little Nemo McFly