Hondo's Bar

Cover Art

The NZA

Nono, i think he means that Millar said he wants to have Ultimates written in volumes, 13 issues each, then it stops until another writer has a story to tell/direction to go in, rather than bleed the team dry. Vol 1 ended at 13 a while back, people are waitin on vol 2 to get movin, which is supposed to happen next year.

I gotta find more covers/solicits....

Well, it looked like it, but i think Millar meant past this next voulme, he'd let someone else take the helm.

According to the Marvel solicits, were still lookin at Millar & Hitch this time, so fear not!

for :D - Spider-Man India # 3

spidermanindia3.jpg

Now, this one, i dont know what to make of this; some say Marvel was just milking a tragedy with Call of Duty, which got silly by the end, but i dig war stories, i just dont see Marvel doing anything but hero-worship with it...they havent had balls since 411.

combat1.jpg

COMBAT ZONE: TRUE TALES OF GI's IN IRAQ #1 & 2 (of 5)

Written by KARL ZINSMEISTER

Penciled by DAN JURGENS

Cover by ESAD RIBIC

Combat comics are taken to a whole new level! Three months in the lives of the 82nd Airborne in the Battle for Iraq are chronicled in this groundbreaking series by long-time embedded journalist Karl Zinsmeister ("Boots on the Ground: A Month with the 82nd Airborne in the Battle for Iraq") and penciler Dan Jurgens (Thor, Superman). In chapter one, "Paratroopers Over The Border," American paratroopers in northern Kuwait must contend with choking sandstorms, high-adrenaline training, and the hair-trigger tension that dominates the tense run-up to war in Iraq. War arrives in deadly fashion on their doorstep - in the shape of ballistic missiles. To survive, they must rely on the skills of men whom they've never met, but whose fates are inexorably linked to their own. In chapter two, "Hair Trigger in the Desert," spend a tense night with Cavalry troopers assigned to guard a secret command post just outside an Iraqi city they have been ordered to liberate.

32 PGS each./MARVEL PSR …$2.99 each

still, Esad Ribic covers, off to a good start.

The War in the Sun one rocks. The Cassidy one is amazing as well, definitely the best representation of him, really captures his character.

Was really pleased to pick up the Preacher covers artwork book about a year ago on sale. Kinda fun reading reading some ofr Fabry´s comments on his artwork. Funny how a little thing like a sleeve or a neck could bother him so much.

Also cool how the best picture of Tulip (in my opinion) is the fastest cover he did; the one done with pastels. So good.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't wait for this...

XSTATXDG_001_COV.jpg

X-STATIX PRESENTS: DEAD GIRL #1 (of 5)

Written by PETER MILLIGAN

Art by NICK DRAGOTTA AND MICHAEL ALLRED

Cover by MICHAEL ALLRED

It's hard to keep a good girl down...especially when she's Dead! That's right, True Believers, hold onto you're freaking hats! After a brief hiatus caused by their, ahem, deaths, everyone's favorite mutants are back! And this time, they're bringing a host of...questions with them. Like why do some heroes and villains keep on dying, only to return from the dead? And why do other heroes and villains bite the bullet, only to remain dead? Who decides on this craziness? Is it some karmic wheel in the sky? Some fickle finger of fate? Or is it just some guy in the marketing department? Well, one such deceased villain, named The Pitiful One, is going to find out. When the Pitiful One decides that he's tired of being dead, he assembles a posse of Marvel's deadest villains to attack the world of the living. And it's up to Doctor Strange to stop him and his evil cohorts-but he needs help from...well, you know. With Kraven the Hunter, Tike Alicar, and a few other surprise, dead guests.

32 PGS./ PARENTAL ADVISORY ...$2.99

Just wish the interiors were by Allred too... :2T:

• 1 year later...

I was really bored and Ifound a list of what IGN rated as the best covers of the house of ideas during 2006. This made me think that we don't have a thread of Covers. Sometimes the Art it's great, and made us buy some books we didn't think about it.

I say lets put our favourites ones, from any year or company. How's that sound?

Well, Im gonna start with some of Preacher (no surprise there) and then some DC ones.

37.jpg

18lg.gif

22.jpg

Love this one...

saint3.jpg

endof.jpg

BIRDS%20OF%20PREY%200108.JPG

Kinda sexy

100bcv28.jpg

Most of the 100 Bullets covers are great!

ppssm005.jpg

1-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

This "I'm gonna rape you" is priceless

25-1.jpg

Im gonna put some more later...

Edited by Boogie

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hernandez.jpg

One of the coolest, most iconic covers ever imo.

the_greatest_joker_stories_ever_told__1988____tpb.jpg

I love that fish.

1-1.jpg

miracleman_issue_151.jpg

So cool. I remember being on the edge of my seat after KM came back in the previous issue, this cover let me know a bit of what was in store inside but the scope was still staggering:

John Bates brutally murdering tens of thousands in London with his bare hands in less than an hour.

Edited by Thrizzle

Full disclosure: Found these on someone's weirdest comic cover list and I wholeheartedly agree.

241-13.jpg

Batman battles the evils of Obsessive Compulsive disorder.

147-1.jpg

Why in god's name is he wearing Lederhosen?!

76-3.jpg

Thank you thank you THANK YOU Crisis on the Infinite Earths. Beppo (The Super-Monkey), Comet (The Super-Horse) and Streaky (The Super-Cat) should totally get their own Vertigo title tho.