Hondo's Bar

Jay-Z & Linkin Park

The NZA

B00069A6P4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"MTV Ultimate Mash-Up's" brings together these 2 unlikely acts, and youd be surprised how well some of the beats work with jigga's flows.....it doesnt hurt that i was one of the people who was kinda diggin Park's new stuff, so this is an interesting project. If you live round here, you mightve heard the single from it, where Hova's "Encore" is over the beat to "Numb". Here's the rest of the tracks:

1) Dirt off your shoulder/Lying from you

2) Big Pimpin (beat)/Papercuts

3) Jigga who, jigga what (Originator '99)/Faint

4) Encore/Numb

5) H to the Izzo (beat)/In the end

6) Points of Authority: 99 Problems/One step closer

If you want a copy, lemme know, its a small disc.

B00069A6P4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"MTV Ultimate Mash-Up's" brings together these 2 unlikely acts, and youd be surprised how well some of the beats work with jigga's flows.....it doesnt hurt that i was one of the people who was kinda diggin Park's new stuff, so this is an interesting project.  If you live round here, you mightve heard the single from it, where Hova's "Encore" is over the  beat to "Numb".  Here's the rest of the tracks:

If you want a copy, lemme know, its a small disc.

IC thats all it is 6 tracks? you sure?

I saw the special on MTV and I really like the combination of rock and rap, especially when it's with one of the game's best MCs. The Jigga What?/Faint track is bananas! However, this album I believe was recorded live, or at least the Numb/Encore track, and rap musically really ain't that great live. Jay-Z sounds really flat on the song, I believe if it were recorded in a studio it might sound better. Nevertheless, if you could hook a brotha up with a copy that would be swell. I also need a copy of The Roots latest album and Talib Kweli's Reflection Eternal (seems I have misplaced mine). I'm unemployed, so I can't support them and buy the actual CD. I'll hook you up with a couple blanks.

Yeah heard the Encore/Numb track and thought it was pretty sweet. Little flat live sure but Jay Z and Chester's voices fit pretty nicely together.

Seeing Linkin Park this summer kinda changed my opinion of them. Always lumped them in with the likes of Limp Bizkit and Papa Roach but realised thats pretty unfair. These guys are far superior, especially with amazing tracks like Breaking the Habit

I'd love a copy of this album but will certianly send something cool in return. Any ideas IC what you might like? The Streets, Dizzee Rascal or something perhaps? :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived