Hondo's Bar

Spider-man 3 Villain

Well?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is what I want to see:

Thomas Hayden Church plays Sandman in 3, Topher Grace plays Eddie Brock. Jameson Jr, heartbroken for being left at the alter, goes on a dangerous space mission, returns, brings back symbiote. At the end of part three, Sandman is defeated, Brock's career in journalism is destroyed, setting up part 4 perfectly for Vemon to enter. Sony want's to do 6 Spider-Films. Leave Harry Osbourne as a Goblin Villian for t6he last one.

That's a good idea Jack...

IF they do 6 films. Personally, I can't understand why fans seem to want Sandman so much. I never really liked him or realized he was such a fan favorite.

If I could have my way:

#3- Lizard, with Dr. Connors as a minor villain, then like you said, Jameson goes to space and returns with the symbiote, thus becoming Venom. Spidey must then cure Connors, who is the only man who can help him defeat Venom. The black suit would also make an appearance :D

#4- I'd like to see Kraven The Hunter personally, but that doesn't even seem to be discussed as a possibility...perhaps the Black cat could make an appearance in this one as well.

#5- Up in the air for me...perhaps they could show off some classic villains like The Vulture or Electro.

#6- Like you said, this is where Harry Osbourne would reenter Peter and MJ's life after a long absence, and begin to terrorize them as the Goblin.

I think they should finish the Goblin shit, once and for all!! I've always said that the first three films was gonna be the Goblin Trilogy!! And it looks like I was right! Here's how I might of done it:

Part 1: Enter Norman Osbourne/Green Goblin as Spidey's greatest villian! Have 'em die and the blame be put on Peter! So far so good!

Part 2: Bring in the Doc Ock to chalk up as expierence for Spidey and have the whole Harry Osbourne hatred background! Also set up Connors and a possible Lizard (future) encounter! Part 2 sidenote: I think they dropped the ball by not having JJ jr go to space and returning "with a package"! Then introducing the black costume at the end of the sequel (that's just how I would of done it)!

Part 3: Introduce new Eddie Brock character! Deal with the whole 2nd Goblin shit! Harry VS Peter thing!! And you can put a little Lizard into it! Maybe a struggle of having to sacrifice one friend (Harry) for the sake of saving an innocent (Connors)! Here's where my black costume thing comes into play... The first quarter of the movie show how the costume is cool and how it makes him stronger and shit! Half way through, though, show that it's actually more bad than good and have Peter go through a struggle trying to get rid of it! THEN finish off the movie with Peter defeating all advisaries! Costume, Lizard and Goblin! End happily with Peter back in the classic threads getting the girl and all that jazz! But thats not the end... the costume has found a new host...

Parts 4-6: Venom/Carnage Trilogy!! Fanboys declare me the King of the World!!

You (almost) know that there's gonna be at least two villians in part 3!! Lizard and Green Goblin!! Why not throw Spidey swingin' around in a black costume! I can just see the billboards now! "Spidey's Back... In Black!!"

Ok, that was corny, but you know the masses will eat that black costume up!!!

"Did Batman & Robin teach you nothing?"

True, true...

But Batman Begins was absolutely deadly, and it featured multiple villains (Scarecrow and Ra's)...and aren't the symbiote and Venom basically the same thing? (well not the SAME thing, but y'know)

Well, I was thinkin' that Venom (Eddie Brock/Symboite) wouldn't make his appearance 'till the 4th flick! I just wanted to see the whole build-up to that happen in the first trilogy! You know, just to save time and get right to the crazieness in the 2nd trilogy!

Yeah but last I heard, the cast and crew are only interested in one trilogy right now, so I think it's all gonna have to be in 3. Personally, I don't want to see the Goblin. We've already had the Goblin, I don't think Harry is a strong enough character to make it interesting, and besides - I'm getting kinda sick of all the supervillains being connected to Peter Parker. I mean, in the world of these movies, New York City has only ever had two supervillains in its entire history, and Peter Parker just happened to know them both personally - what are the odds? It's gonna get to a point where any scientist Peter meets, he might as well consider them a future villain (yeah I'm lookin' at you, Dr Connors). Nah, I'm not a big fan of Harry becoming the Goblin. And frankly, I don't see why everyone seems to think it's a foregone conclusion. The way the movie set it up, couldn't Harry just as easily have found that secret room and said to himself "holy shit, my father was a sadistic homocidal maniac! It all makes sense now! Now I know why Spider-man had to kill him!" It really doesn't seem in keeping with the movie character for him to become the Goblin now...but that's just my opinion.

Oh yeah, I'm also sick of Spidey facing off against people he cares about for another reason. Not only does it feel so contrived, but it makes it hard for Spidey to get in all his trademarked wisecracks. He couldn't crack jokes when he's fighting his best friend's dad, or his personal hero. I think that aspect of his character is the one thing the movies are really missing.

I completely agree with you Silent Bob. The one thing I didn't like about Spidey 2 was that Spider-man had a personal relationship with Otto Octavius...now, it's OK if Spidey knows his arch-nemesis (Goblin) personally, but other than that, it just makes for weak villains. So in that respect, maybe Connors shouldn't become the Lizard.

But then, why even include him in Spidey 2? Just to appease fans?

:D

Oh well, Lizard is my favorite Spidey villain, so I'm probably just biased. :D

Y'all are idiots! Peter's personnal relationships with his villians are among one of many elements that made SM1 and SM2 so great.

New York City has only ever had two supervillains in its entire history, and Peter Parker just happened to know them both personally - what are the odds?

You're so right. That is so unlikely. Not at all like a teenager getting biten by a genetically altered spider and within 24 hours gaining the proportional strength and agility of a spider, plus web shooters conveniently in his wrists, the ability to climb walls, and precognition to boot. That's all completely reasonable...but Peter Parker personnaly know two people who become eccentric costumes villians? Sorry, that's the point where I have to let go of my suspencion of disbelief!

Pancho: The symbiote doesn't need a whole fucking trilogy! You show the symbiote comign to earth at the end of 3, and you can have 4 concentrate on just Spidey's black costume and then Venom. No other villians. You COULD do Carnage in part 5, but it's not necesary. Certainly not 3 films.

While there's alot of villians I liked int he comics, lots of them would look real lame in live action. Electro, Mysterio, The Vulture, all stupid looking in live action. With computers, you can make sand look like it's doing anything (see The Mummy), so I think Sandman would work fine. Ha, what about Hydroman!

Parts 4-6:  Venom/Carnage Trilogy!!  Fanboys declare me the King of the World!!

:D = :D

althought id kind of want a rated r/nc-17 flick with Tarentino assisting for carnage's killing scenes. Also, if we could include the Planet of the Symbiotes TM and perhaps zombiesall these things would be awesome, and still > than watching Goblin Jr whine about how hard life is when youre rich as fuck.

Yeah but last I heard, the cast and crew are only interested in one trilogy right now, so I think it's all gonna have to be in 3. Personally, I don't want to see the Goblin. We've already had the Goblin, I don't think Harry is a strong enough character to make it interesting, and besides - I'm getting kinda sick of all the supervillains being connected to Peter Parker. I mean, in the world of these movies, New York City has only ever had two supervillains in its entire history, and Peter Parker just happened to know them both personally - what are the odds?

It's probably more significant that all three involved were connected to Osscorp.

I don't realy know much about the comics apart that they've gone on forever and should probably give it a rest. I don't realy mind who's the villain in the next one, but when they bring back Doc Oc, and I'm sure they will, it should be a suprise in the last Act, and not nessicarily the next movie.

In the comics, was Peter Parker always so fucking rich?

Some chick named Julie (she signed the picture on the right)! She's not actualy a comic artist! She's a novel illistrator that Marvel contracted in the early '90 to do some novel covers (remember when they did that? Spidey had some books that came out)! She also did some X-Men comic-cards around the same time! Marvel loved her ass back then (I hope she's a chick)!

ps Cap'n...who drew that Spidey/Venom one Fett posted? I cant place it...

Hmm...Julie Bell, I think is the artist. And Cap'n's right, she's not a regular comics artist. Her and her husband Boris Vallejo are great, though...you should check out their site.

• 2 weeks later...

Red'd rather Spiderclones than Topher-everycuntlovesThat70'sShowso theywantmeinaspideymovie(wellmaybenoteveryonejustArnah&JaxwhichisstillplentyenoughtopissoffSkeet)-Grace. Spiderman 3 should be the Sinister 6. One of spiderman's greatest gimmicks is his rogue gallery(which should've been fleshed out more in 2 through simple referencing). Better than this will be Superman Red Forever: Schumacher's Return coming to cinemas in 2008

Archived