Hondo's Bar

THE 10 BEST FILMS OF 2005

Serenity makes my list, as does King Kong. I enjoyed The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardarobe and Goblet of Fire, considering them for the list (I haven't seen a whole lot of 2005's movies). Haven't seen Crash yet, but it looks like we'll be watching it in a sociology class.

I keep hearing so much about Crash.

I thought it was a remake of J. G. Ballard's novel, so I started getting excited.

( No, I don't hang around airports waiting for car accidents, so I can get myself off over them.)

Is it really worth watching then?

That Crash has already been made - back in '96. As a Cronenberg film, no less, with James Spader and Holly Hunter.

This Crash is completely different and definitely worth watching. It's not everyone's cup o' tea, but definitely worth the watch.

MM, Kingdom of Heaven? Really?

Yeah, I heard about the '96 version, thats why I mentioned the ''remake''

I didn't catch it anyway ( Any good? )

Heh, I couldn't tell ya, haven't seen it either. It's supposed to be pretty good if you don't mind the subject matter, an' obviously you don't.

Everyone but La Lindsay seems to think so.

damn skippy. if you're going to watch it, watch it for terrance howard. he gave a good performance and his character was more developed than the rest. i'm not saying that no one should watch this movie. i'm just saying that i don't get the hype the same way MM doesn't get the hype of brokeback. and i'm not the only one jax...read junker's review.

I agree with Ebert's review:

For me, the strongest performance is by Matt Dillon, as the racist cop in anguish over his father. He makes an unnecessary traffic stop when he thinks he sees the black TV director and his light-skinned wife doing something they really shouldn't be doing at the same time they're driving. True enough, but he wouldn't have stopped a black couple or a white couple. He humiliates the woman with an invasive body search, while her husband is forced to stand by powerless, because the cops have the guns -- Dillon, and also an unseasoned rookie (Ryan Phillippe), who hates what he's seeing but has to back up his partner.

damn skippy. if you're going to watch it, watch it for terrance howard. he gave a good performance and his character was more developed than the rest. i'm not saying that no one should watch this movie. i'm just saying that i don't get the hype the same way MM doesn't get the hype of brokeback. and i'm not the only one jax...read junker's review.

I was loving "Crash" all the way up to the ending. Stupid fucking ending.

Heh, I couldn't tell ya, haven't seen it either. It's supposed to be pretty good if you don't mind the subject matter, an' obviously you don't.

I caught the other "Crash" on HBO the other night. Good flick. Fucked up but good.

Cronenberg's Crash is fucking excellent. Now that is a movie with some balls.

As for the recent film Crash, it is worth watching. I didn't like it, but it's not a terrible film, and lots of other people liked it. It beats renting Monster in Law, I just don't think it's a very compelling film.

Archived